2,967 results
All reviews the imperial war museum lambeth north london eye bakerloo line minute walk tube station full english breakfast big ben cooked breakfast theatre break stayed here for nights would stay again busy road short break room was clean and comfortable shower room tea coffee
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We prebooked this hotel for two nights and the book in was completely seemless. The reception was extremely helpful as were all staff we came into contact. Although the rooms are small the furniture is good and the rooms kept exceptionally clean. Amenities that you may have forgotten - toothbrush, sewing kit etc. - are available free on request. We did not use many of the hotels facilities since we were out a lot - after all there is so much to see and do in London. However there is a bar, cafe/restaurant on the ground floor as well as security lockers and an ice machine. There is a storage room available for luggage should you have a late flight. The hotel also provides complimentary newspapers which came in handy while waiting for our transport to the airport. It is a great position for visiting all the major tourist attractions - we walked to all the major attractions (Westminister Bridge only 10 minutes away) - but there is a metro (Lambeth North) only 3 minutes away. There are a number of restaurants, coffee shops, supermarkets and pubs close by. The gastro pub The Three Stags is opposite. For the price we paid for the room this was great value. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Menzies13
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Menzies,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

I stayed at the Days Hotel for one night only as I was there for a conference. The hotel is reasonable and a good price for London. Only minor issues. The shower leaked and the lifts were out of order.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Your comments will be taken on board and addressed.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights, the location was very good especially if you are in London to see the sites. It’s located less than a 5 min walk from Big Ben. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and plenty of pillows and extra towels. The breakfast was nice. The staff were friendly. The hotel will store your luggage at a cost of a pound per item (no matter how small it is) which I taught was a bit rude considering must hotels do this free of charge. I had a pleasant stay and will stay here again the next time I’m in London.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Grace,

Your comments will be taken on board and addressed.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

I'll start with the good since there was so little of it. This hotel is very well placed as far as its proximity to the tube, restaurants, and landmarks. Otherwise there not much to write home about. The staff was by no means rude but they certainly weren't overly helpful either. The room was a decent size but very outdated. The mattress was worn out and very uncomfortable. This hotel is also directly across the street from a Police station and sirens could frequently be heard blaring throughout the nights. My wife also complained about the cleanliness of the room, although she is a bit of a stickler for that sort of thing and nothing stood out to me directly. I would say that this was easily the worst of the 3 hotels my wife and I had stayed in during our trip and I would not recommend it to others.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Dear Nick,

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

My mother and I came to visit London for a couple days, and wanted somewhere convenient and not too expensive to lay our heads for the night. We found this, and at first, weren’t too disappointed. Beds seemed okay enough, and the bathroom wasn’t bad. However, as the time we spent there progressed, it gradually got quite a bit worse.

We came here about 2pm to check in and drop off our bags, the staff seemed friendly and even though we were on the 5th floor, the elevator made it so we weren’t too bothered.
Yet, after coming back not more than 4 and a half hours later, both lifts were out of service, and a lady informed us that she had to use the stairs, even though she had a torn ligament in her knee, and so walking up and down stairs caused immense pain.
On top of this, when we went to the restaurant, the steak I had (granted I asked for rare), was hardly cooked at all, and cold upon serving. It cost £16. And didn’t even come with chips. The brownie for dessert looked pre-packaged, but was warm. And the ice cream served with it wasn’t bad.
Although, to top it off, a man near us asked for a prawn starter, and was served the prawns with the shells on. He commented this to one of the staff, whom proceeded to take his plate, put it on the empty space on the table, and pick the shells off! Bare handed!
The rooms aren’t bad if you’re looking for a place to rest your head, and the public bathroom downstairs was surprisingly clean. But, on top of the lift being broken, despite working fine a few hours before, and the really poor restaurant, I can say I would not stay here again, especially not for the price.
I think I’ll go back to Travelodge.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Days Hotel Waterloo. It’s important for us to ensure that all our guests have an enjoyable stay and we do apologize that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Your comments will be taken on board and addressed.