2,666 results
All reviews london eye charing cross national gallery northumberland avenue embankment station sherlock holmes pub great location big ben studio apartment small kitchen walking distance buckingham palace sofa bed covent garden laundry facilities separate toilet tesco express
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Booked this for two nights as my parents were attending my graduation. they booked the studio apartment which is the smallest of the apartments available but still more then spacious considering its London!! Room was absolutely spotless and staff were more then helpful! Safe wasn't working initially but two gentlemen came and fixed it in under ten minutes which was appreciated. The studio apartments are very well equipped with a small dishwasher- dishwasher tablets also included which I was impressed by! All cutlery that you would require was there and very very clean! This hotel is also ideally situated between Embankment and Charing Cross Stations/Trafalger Square. 3 minute walk away is a pedestrian bridge that connects you to the Southbank side of the river where the London Eye and all associated attractions are. Very good value and secure. Will book again!

Room tip: Stayed on the 7th floor. had windows open as it was very mild. Noise not an issue.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
AlfredoR1874, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Global02901039347,
Thank you for your comments.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights on a holiday in London. It was more than we expected...great location, spacious room, unlimited coffee and tea bar, free computer and printing access which was very helpful in booking tour and printing ticket vouchers.

Will definitely stay here in the future with our family.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AlfredoR1874, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Hi xtnshalom,
Thank you for your comments.
I'm delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for one night in the studio rooms. The room was nice and the location good but apart from that it’s rubbish.
No bar or evening meals available, not even a cooked breakfast!!!!!
Unless you’re T total and love a bowl of mixed fruit for breakfast I wouldn’t stop here, especially for the price you pay.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
AlfredoR1874, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Hi ChrisJbaker,

Reviewed 26 October 2018

The only thing going for this property is its location for a quick visit to London. This property needs an overhaul chipped crockery, kitchen cupboards peeling, dirty hallways. Check in staff not very helpful.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi DD D,
Thank you for your comments.
We take all of them into consideration to improve our services.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

I held off doing this review for a number of weeks, hoping I would get less angry with this hotel and its staff, but that hasn't happened.

We have stayed at the Citadines Trafalgar a number of times through the past decade and a half, and have give in great reviews on TripAdvisor. And we have sent a number of friends to them.

Sadly, no more.

The hotel is still extremely conveniently located for central London activities, and is comfortable, but service and maintenance are not what they should be.

We reserved through a respectable third-party site, a twin-bedded room. There are two of us and we are friends, not partners. When we arrived at the hotel, they attempted to put us in a room with a double bed (not even a king), and when we pointed out the error, they told us that was what we had reserved. I had brought a copy of my reservation, which was very clearly for two twin beds. They whipped out a reservation made by a local London travel company: apparently when you book on a third party site, they forward that request to a travel agent who then books directly with the hotel. They told us that this is a common practice although we were not familiar with it (and I suspect most travelers aren't).

The hotel was sold out so there wasn't much we could do about it that day. After much pressure ("I'll sleep on a couch in the lobby"), they grudgingly offered us a cot and a room transfer the next day. They obviously intended that pay for the cot, but two pairs of glaring eyes changed their minds about that.

Throughout these discussions, there was neither apology, nor recognition that we were good customers who might have deserved a break. They insisted this was our fault. We insisted that they chose to offer the room through the site we used (again a respectable well-known site), and therefore they were bound by the agent chosen to deal with them.

To add insult to injury: when we actually got into the room, we discovered mold in the shower, and dust on the floor in the bedroom. Obviously the room had not been recently cleaned.

A final note: we were at the hotel over the weekend of the London Bike Festival, which meant that the street this hotel is on was closed from Friday night to Sunday night. It also meant no taxi service to/from the hotel. This was the sixth year of this event, so it's not like they didn't know what it involved (beware staying in central London the last weekend in July). A reasonably proactive hotel would have sent an email before the date, warning guests of the problem so they could make arrangements if they needed (as we did) to get to a train station with luggage that precluded taking the Tube.

Not this crew. They had No Information about when the taxi embargo would end, and no suggestion as to how to get their patrons away from (or for that matter to) the hotel. We finally found a friendly taxi driver on Saturday, who told us what to do on Sunday. Thanks to him we were able to make our train.

No thanks to the Citadines. No more Citadines for me and my friends.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi TravlelingFlash,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
While we constantly strive to maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction, regrettably, on this occasion, we have fallen short of our key objective. I therefore wish to extend to you my most sincere apologies. Unfortunately, there is no way of recreating the past or reversing the unpleasantly you experienced. However, I can assure you that we value your feedback. Once again, please accept our apologies for the issues you faced during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again and hopefully revert your most recent opinion.