“nice guy at reception... hotel sucks”
Review of Victoria Inn

Victoria Inn
Ranked #698 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Tel Aviv, Israel
“nice guy at reception... hotel sucks”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

dont go there
guy at reception was nice, but the room is tiny, the toilets are for children.. not even
internet connection is 2 pounds an hour
breakfast only starts at 7:30 and on Thursday-Saturday at 8:00... so if you need to be somewhere and you made the mistake by going to the hotel - dont bother paying for breakfast.. you will not get it.

Room Tip: not in this place....
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, Public Relations Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
It should be appreciated that although older buildings generally have larger rooms than modern builds, the rooms did not include en-suites.
Like most other older buildings in the hospitality business a small section of the rooms have been converted to include en-suites to meet with today's expected standards.

Victoria Inn sits in the heart of London and is very well placed for the majority of our guests who wish to tour the city. We are a budget hotel and offer an excellent service at very low rates.

Despite your compliments regarding the receptionist you failed to book an early breakfast. Depriving us the opportunity of meeting your needs. .
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stourport on Severn
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This was my first visit to your hotel and I was impressed. The single rooms are small but perfectly adequate for a short stay. The cleanliness was impeccable and could be an example to several more expensive establishments. Breakfast was ideal for my needs and as it was included in the room price represents good value. I have experienced non included over priced meals at other places and this was a refreshing alternative. The welcome was warm and friendly. I have already booked another stay. Overall, my congratulations in providing a good service at a reasonable cost in central London. I would recommend your hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Public Relations Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.
Dublin
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Having noted the review of others when informed by the company who was booking my accommodation for a recent business trip I e-mailed this hotel to note some specific requirements. I heard nothing back and so was very happy to have the availability of family in London to provide alternate accommodation for me.
So whilst I did not actually stay over I did indeed visit the hotel on my first evening in London as a colleague was kind enough to allow me stow my day bag while we went to eat.
Her room was 'tight'- certainly no room for the swinging cat! The en-suite was interesting, one was required to keep their knees up to their chin while using the toilet and it was definitely easier if I could have kept the door ajar.
In fairness the place was reasonably clean and a great central location, if you were doing a trip to London to do the tourist bits and not requiring to spend much time in the room it would be grand.
Having not slept over I could not provide personal comment although I do note my colleagues all commented on their rooms being hot, no air con, noisy to the front of house with windows open onto a buzy street etc.

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Was booked into this establishment by a company while on a recent business trip to London. Had seen some of the previous reviews and was a little apprehensive. I'd have to say that while some comments are entirely accurate, the Victoria Inn is not trying to be something it isn't. Its website says it's a cheap, well situated, bed and breakfast and that pretty much nails it.

I had a double room in the basement at the rear and, true, it was small for a double but the bedroom itself and small en-suite were spotlessly clean and it was quiet. WiFi is available but was quite expensive in my opinion. There is no air-con available. Breakfast was a similarly no frills affair. The breakfast room was also very small and filled up quite quickly in the morning. There was a choice of cereals, bread, croissants and, I think, tinned fruits. Tea and coffee were available from a machine, Again, everything was spotlessly clean. Staff were generally pleasant and polite.

For me, not a bad experience overall but colleagues who were roomed at the front of the building complained of noise from the road and building renovations opposite.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are much quieter.
, General Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thank you for your frank feedback. We do not like to misslead our customers and we are glad that you confirm that. The front of the building faces the road which is not as busy compared with many in other city centre locations. Just as in many public buildings, we find that many people do not like air conditioning and prefer natural breeze. it is also environmentally friendly!
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Hotel has a good comfort level, clean and comfortable with friendly staff. price is more then reasonable for London.
Breakfast is very very basic and not my thing.
Hotel is close to Victoria station as such to the city center.

, General Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thank you very much for your positive feedback - much appreceated by all of us at Victoria Inn!