“Afternoon tea at the Sheraton”

The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London
Ranked #209 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London
“Afternoon tea at the Sheraton”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My sister-in-law's cousin had booked for 4 of us to have afternoon tea in the Knightsbridge Lounge. Although my comments are not intended for criticism, there are a couple of points I would like to make. We all felt that the lounge, although quite nice, is too central for a relaxing couple of hours over tea. The table was far too low for the chairs and there was people traffic going past on their way to rooms on the ground floor and up the stairs to the first floor. We were also driven mad by the constant banging of the door leading through to the kitchen. The tea itself was quite nice, although the bread could have been a bit fresher. However we were not offered fresh pots of tea, only hot water, which meant that the tea obviously got cold quite quickly. The afternoon tea is quoted as being £27 or £37 with a glass of champagne. I enquired how much it would cost for a glass of champagne each and was told £15. Why was this, when the difference is only £10 usually? We paid £15 with the vouchers from the Daily Mail but received the impression that because we paid with vouchers, we were only entitled to a cheaper deal.

Regards,
Jan Lynch.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rynchie
, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear Rynchie,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your afternoon tea with us at The Park Tower. I would firstly like to apologise that we failed to exceed your expectations and also apologise that you felt you were treated differently because of the discounted price you paid. This is not how we conduct our business and we sincerely apologise if we made you feel less important than any of our other guests.

As a luxury collection hotel we set very high standards for ourselves and we are extremely disappointed as we obviously fell below them during your time with us.
In response to your question about the cost of our champagne, we offer a discounted cost of £10 when accompanied with our Afternoon Tea. However, the regular cost for a glass of champagne is £15. I am sorry this was not properly explained to you and for any confusion it may have caused.

We do genuinely appreciate your feedback as it is helps us to reflect on the services we offer with a view to improve them for all future guest experiences.

We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and give you a proper experience of our Traditional English Afternoon Tea.

Thank you again for your feedback and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Andrew Kennedy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed here for five days duirng a short holiday to London and chose this hotel for something a bit different.

When I arrived, my bags were removed from the cab by the porter and stored until I was in my room. Upon check-in, my SPG Lifetime Gold membership was acknowledged, yet my 'free gift' option were not offered which was a tad disappointing. Despite the fact I checked in after 13:30, my room was still not available so I was offered a free coffee in the lounge area .... to be fair, it was a short wait so I wasn't that fussed.

Quaint lift/elevator system .... you punch in the floor number into a touch pad and the computerised women tells you lift A, B or C ..... not seen that before , but it works .... most of the time !

The room itself was bright, big enough (this is London after all !) and as it was on the 15th floor, provided spectacular views towards the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and the London Eye. Added bonus was the spectacular view of the fireworks following the Diamond Jubilee Concert. The room was clean and made the best use of what was really a unique shape as the buliding is round. All of the facilities worked as they should within the room and despite its location, traffic noise generally wasn't an issue unless the emergency services were using their sirens.

The buffet breakfast was reasonable value for money and on the one occasion we used room service, the portions were surprisingly large and the quality was excellent ... again, another pleasent surprise for a London hotel.

When checking out, the main lift/elevator system failed so we got the 'adventure' of the servcie lift/elevator with our porter and bags. What could have been a major inconveninece for my girlfriend & I was handled well (with a joke and a laugh) by the porter.

All of the staff we came in contact with were enthusiastic, willing to help, bright and cheery and willing to have a crack at the London weather, which was living down to its reputation for most of our stay.

Of the five Starwood hotels I've stayed at in London over the years, the Park Tower was easily the best and we will be back.

Room Tip: By the nature of the building (it's round), not sure there's any bad rooms. If you can affo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank RSL_1968
Dear RSL_1968,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback regarding your recent at the Park Tower and congratulations again on achieving your Lifetime Gold Status. It was a delight to read of how much you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular how impressed you were with the customer service delivered by all of our associates. We strive to deliver exceptional service at every touch point and are happy to hear your experience reflected the high standards we set for ourselves.

At the Sheraton Park Tower we understand how important an early check in can be after a long journey and are glad to hear the team was able to accommodate this request for you without much delay. We were also glad to hear of how much you enjoyed our luxurious guest rooms and the spectacular views they boast. They certainly would have been a great place to enjoy the Jubilee fireworks celebrations!

I am however sorry to hear that you were not offered your choice of welcome amenity. Our systems automatically assign the points for our gold members so you will have received 250 bonus points as your welcome amenity, however I would like to apologise that you were not offered this when checking in.

Our modern lift system was designed with efficiency in mind for both the environment and our guests. By having the lift go directly to the floor for which it is commanded to it saves both energy and time. However, your visit did coincided with an unexpected lift malfunction. I am sorry for any inconvenience the disruption may have caused you; however, am happy to hear that our porters were able to assist you fully and do it with a good sense of humour!

I am glad you enjoyed dining for breakfast at our One-O-One Restaurant, we agree it is fantastic. Might I recommend for your next stay with us to experience our One-O-One’s magnificent fish and seafood menu. Voted 6th best restaurant in the UK this is truly a dining experience not to be missed.

Our goal at the Sheraton Park Tower is to deliver exceptional service for our guests while creating memorable experiences for them to treasure. We are happy to hear we were able to do this for you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to create more memories.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 8 June 2012

This hotel has a great location and even better staff. The service in this hotel was exceptional and I would definitley go back to stay here again. I loved everything about it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Christina G
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Christina G,

Thank you so much for your exceptional review of The Sheraton Park Tower. We were delighted to learn of how much you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the service provided by our ambassadors.

May I suggest for your next stay with us to try our award winning One-O-One restaurant? Voted 6th best restaurant in the UK and renowned for its seafood, it is a London experience that is not be missed.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and we hope to welcome you back to the Park Tower in the near future.

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This hotel is one of my favorites in London. If you book a "panoramic" room, the views are simply amazing! The interior design is tasteful with hardwood floors and custom desgned furniture. The beds and linnens make for a great night's sleep. Althugh the room is smallish, the view more than makes up for the room size.

Room Tip: Book a panoramic room type
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dear FreqTravDaddy,

Thank you for your second wonderful review of the Sheraton Park Tower. It is always nice to hear from our return guests and know that we have continued to exceed their expectations with our customer service, excellent hotel facilities and magnificent views that our luxurious guest rooms’ offer. We are glad to hear that we are one of your top hotel destinations in London and look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Tower very soon.

UK
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Don't be fooled by the ugly, communist-like façade of the hotel for within lies a beautiful and elegant hotel with comfortable bedrooms. I loved the layout and shape of the bedroom and the view over Hyde Park was wonderful. The decor of the room is very elegant and the bed is incredibly comfortable and it is huge! I had such a good night's sleep. I found the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. I arrived early at the hotel and they were nevertheless able to assign me a room so that I could leave for my meeting. The hotel is seconds from Harvey Nichols and is moments from a whole range of places to eat. Public transport connections are also good with tube and bus options very close to the hotel. The reason I haven't awarded the hotel a rating of 5 is because the public areas really lack atmosphere - I had afternoon tea in the lounge and drinks at the bar one evening and although the surroundings were lovely etc. there was no atmosphere and it was very empty! I also ate at the fish restaurant (wonderful food!) and also felt it lacked atmosphere. This comment is obviously based only on my experience and it may be that it was a very quiet period in Knightsbridge. I would certainly stay at the hotel again though.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
Dear UKonthe go,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at The Sheraton Park Tower. We were delighted to hear of how much you enjoyed our luxurious guest rooms and the incredible views they offer. I am happy to hear that we were able to help make your business trip a little smoother with an early check in and that our great location worked well for both the business and pleasure aspects of your trip.

While we were happy to hear of all of the positive aspects of your stay we were disappointed you felt the hotel lacked atmosphere. Creating elegant and enchanting spaces where our guests can indulge themselves in delectable treats and good conversation is something we pride ourselves on. I am truly sorry this was not your experience. Your feedback is very valuable in addressing the experience moving forward

Should you return during our summer months I invite you to try our Knightsbridge Terrace restaurant where our guests can sit outside and enjoy the beautiful sunshine and enjoy all the sights of Knightsbridge. This is another London experience that is not to be missed.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.