“Great hotel, wonderful location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London

The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London
Ranked #201 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Wash, DC
“Great hotel, wonderful location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We went for pleasure--no business and found this hotel to be in a great location, we could walk to many sites, restaurants and stores. The service was excellent and the concierge staff could not have been more helpful. They are on duty round the clock--helpful at night for restaurant suggestions. Our room was on a high floor, overlooking Hyde Park. And despite the rain (every day) we loved our view. The maid service was excellent, with turn down service at night.
We would definitely return!

Room Tip: try for a room overlooking the Park on a high floor
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travelforantiques
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Travelforantiques,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We were delighted to learn of how much you enjoyed the Park Tower and in particular the service provided by our ambassadors. I will be sure to share your favourable comments to our concierge team and housekeeping departments.

We are privileged to have such exceptional dining and shopping experiences only a stone’s throw from our hotel and I am glad you were able to take advantage of this during your trip. I would like to also take the opportunity to recommend to you, our award winning One-O-One restaurant. It was recently awarded the 6th best restaurant in the United Kingdom and is a luxurious dining experience that is not to be missed.

Thank you once again for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Park Tower on your next trip to London.

Andrew Kennedy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

The location of the Sheraton Park Tower can't be beat. It's right across from the tube and Hyde Park, and a short walk to Harrods and lots of other shops. Central. And easy to cab/car to business areas, if you're in town for work.

The rooms were solid. Not luxurious and I wouldn't define my stay as a "luxury hotel experience". But not bad. Beds very comfortable. Rooms fairly bright and spacious. One thing to note. If you're sensitive to noise, don't accept a room near the elevator, as the elevator beeps three times anyone summons it. My first room was 1221 and it was large, seemed relatively renovated, looked out over a local park, and had super thick towels, but it was right near the elevator. I asked to move at 11am and after the front desk representative told me it flat out wouldn't be possible (I am a gold member), I was frustrated. That night, a different front desk representative (Paola) was apologetic for the fact that my room-move request had been blown off, and moved me to roon 707 promptly, and then called to make sure it was alright. Room 707 was good, not as big as 1221, the towels weren't as thick, room was not quite as renovated, and the view was of Knightsbridge Street, which was very pretty all lit up, traffic noise wasn't an issue.

Ambiance-wise, the lobby doesn't feel large, it's partioned into a receiving area and then a lounge area, and there's a tea-room/sitting room in a different area, plus a few shops. The lobby area is pretty dimly lit, it feels a bit cave-like walking in, regardless of the brightness outside. It seems like there is a strong Middle Eastern clientele at the hotel, they have a section of the room service menu that's Middle Eastern (delicious) and it seemed like many folks knew each other, as they'd hang out in the lounge area in the evening.

If you're in the mood to wander about instead of room service, check out Ottolenghi (for breakfast) on Motcomb Street, which is about a two block walk. There's a Starbucks and a Waitrose (grocery store) on the same street. And a number of cute shops. Nice to have as an option. There's also a great Middle Eastern restaurant directly across from the hotel. And La Duree (french patisserie) is on the back side of Harrods, great for macaroons and afternoon tea. Wagamama is right out the door of the hotel, great casual spot, or for take out.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator. Higher floors seem to be more renovated.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear LuxuryTraveler42,

Thank you for your comprehensive review of The Sheraton Park Tower following your recent stay with us. We were delighted to learn that you were able to enjoy all of the great shopping and dining that surrounds our hotel and that our prime location helped to make your business trip as stress-free as possible.

While we were happy to hear of the positive aspects of your stay we were disappointed to hear that certain aspects of your stay fell below the five star luxury standards we set for ourselves. At The Sheraton Park Tower we consistently aim to deliver exceptional customer service to all of our guests and I am sorry that this was not your experience.

I would like to apologize that you did not feel you were recognized as one of our valued Starwood Preferred Gold Members. I am also sorry that we were not able to accommodate a room move for you when initially requested but am glad to hear that Paola was able to facilitate this for you in the end.

We sincerely hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to Park Tower in the future and have the chance to deliver a truly luxurious and memorable experience.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the location for us becouse we needed to be in knights bridge , breakfast was good and the manger on the reception was helpful but the room was very small and not ready the hotel crowed was mostly men the staff were all non Britch some more trained then others It felt more like a hotel in Times Sq or place with a casino kind of feel . As for Value I would say avrege or poor but London is
expensive .its a shame becouse I think it could me much better

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank sunshine2011_10
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear sunshine2011_10,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at The Sheraton Park Tower. We were happy to hear that you were warmly welcomed by our associates and that you were able to take advantage of the great shopping that surrounds our hotel.

While we are currently training some new staff and I apologize if this negatively impacted your stay, the majority of our staff have been with us for many years. A great example of this is on our concierge team where between three associates there is a combined 72 years of experience. This is one of the reasons our concierge team is renowned for both their impeccable service and knowledge of all things London.

In regards to your feedback about our associates I am sorry that we did not create an indigenous experience of London for you. However, one of the great advantages of living in a diverse city like London is the many associates who join us from all over the globe. This in turn allows us to assist our guests on a daily basis in more than 10 languages on the reception and concierge staff alone.

As a Luxury Collection hotel we strive to memorable experiences for our guests and I am sorry that we were not able to do this for you. We do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I stayed in the hotel from 8th to 13th of April, and I really liked the hotel. The location is excellent near to the most well known shopping streets in London. The room is nice and large with comfortable bed. I have a dinner from the in-room dining menu and it was taste, but little expensive. I had a dry cleaning for 2 items, but I was surprised that they billed me 82 pounds for the laundry. I checked with the reception and I found that billed me for express cleaning although I did not request that and it took 6 hours to return (they mentioned in their papers that the express cleaning take 2 hours). Finally they modified the bill to 42 pounds. The windows of the room is big and give a nice view of the city, however I could hear the sound of the outside traffic. Overall, the hotel services are very good and the room was nice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear sis1111,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Park Tower. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our luxurious guest rooms and you were able to enjoy the impressive views they boast.

Knightsbridge is certainly the place to be when shopping is on the agenda. I am glad you were able to take advantage of this during your visit.

I would also like to thank you for your feedback on some of the less positive aspects of your stay as it allows us to reflect on the service and standards we offer with a view of improving all of our guests experience. I am sorry that your experience did not reflect the high standards we set for ourselves, I do however hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the Park Tower on your next visit to London.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Much larger rooms, better service and certainly better banquet staff when holding meetings. Didn't eat in the hotel except for breakfast which was fine, had room service fish and chips one night which were okay. Enjoyed the lounge, quite lively, busy. Right next to Harvey Nics.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AndrewKennedy, Rooms Division Manager at The Park Tower Knightsbridge, A Luxury Collection Hotel, London, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Geordie_calgarian,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at The Sheraton Park Tower.

It was a delight to read of the positive aspects of your stay; whilst I am sorry that your in-room dining experience did not exceed your expectations. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our prime London location and hope you had a chance to enjoy some leisure activities outside of your business meetings. I also ensure that your kind feedback in shared with our Bellman team, who consistently strive to deliver exceptional experiences.

While we are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here I am sorry that your time at the Park Lane was not as inspiring. I will be sure to pass along your valuable feedback so they have the chance to enrich future guests’ experiences.

We consistently strive for accuracy in our service delivery and this includes in the presentation of our room accounts. Please accept my apologies for any error that has occurred previously and I would certainly encourage you to bring any inadvertent mistake you may find with your account to the attention of our Front Office team for immediate rectification.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Tower when your travels next bring you to London.