“forget about 3 stars” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #938 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Nuremberg, Germany
“forget about 3 stars”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

It's hardly any star hotel, rather cheap B&B, where breafast is nothing. The room was tiny with rather shabby bathroom, blanket with a huge hole and wet towels.
Breakfast is packet tea and coffee, butter and jam, breakfast room is in the basement, tiny and cannt accomodate all guests!
I also saw how "clean" bed sheets prepared to be changed were on the floor near to the room.
Never again.

Room Tip: better do not book
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nurn_ele
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

This hotel provides you exactly what a student group needs, a clean place to drop your bags and return to at night. We really enjoyed the kindness of the staff, the reasonable location to a tube stop, and the quirky/enjoyable stores in this neighborhood. Down the street was a wonderful cafe for breakfast. Next door you could get reasonable items of need while on your stay. Around the corner, Indian and other ethnic restaurants.

I think the people who have complained are used to Marriots and typical American-style hotels. This is a quaint, reasonably priced, and very clean hotel that is well-priced in a safe neighborhood. I was a bit nervous about our stay because of the mixed reviews and yet I have absolutely no hesitations taking my students back to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: The hotel lacks an elevator. So, be prepared to muscle your bags up a long staircase. They do prov...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank jarheadz
Cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed here in a single room for three nights; the receptionist greeted me in a friendly manner and set the tone for all the staff I met - they were unfailingly courteous and helpful. My room was perfectly adequate for a short stay; the bed was a 'small' double size; the linen was fresh and clean and although I found the mattress a little too firm for my liking and also would have preferred a duvet to sheets and blankets, I slept well enough; earplugs are recommended, as the hotel plumbing is rather noisy and the sound-proofing between the floors and rooms reflects the fact that this is not a modern building. The bathroom was small, but clean and adequate. My room was serviced daily and the towels replaced with fresh laundered ones. The breakfast room is in the basement and the breakfast itself was rudimentary, but as there was a 'fridge, a kettle and a microwave oven provided in my room, with local shops and cafés nearby, that did not bother me. One criticism I do have is that the telephones in the guest rooms only receive incoming calls. There is a payphone in the corridor, but this was out of order when I was there; to compensate for this, the receptionist offered me the free use of the telephone in his area - for local calls only. For the price I was charged, I thought this hotel was very reasonable; it is very conveniently situated - a few minutes walk from Paddington mainline railway station, Lancaster Gate Tube station and the London 'bus routes. I would certainly stay here again; before I left, I asked to see a double room in case I wish to bring my Wife with me next time; I was courteously shown one of the larger rooms which looked to me to be perfectly adequate for a couple.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Jim N
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I would NEVER stay at this place. The staff and the management are a bunch of crooks. I made reservations way ahead of time. Then two days prior to my stay I called to confirm my stay but the clerk said he could not find my reservations in their system. I had to call other places to reserve a room. After I did, I called again but this time they so "happened" to find my reservation. I tried to explain that I already made reservations elsewhere but they would not budge at all. They would not admit to their mistake and charged me for one night stay. I asked to speak to the manager but he was even more rude than the clerk. Their motto is the hotel is always right... screw the customer. Do yourselves a favor and avoid this place. There are many other decent budge London hotels!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank Phil B

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Kolkata, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

I travelled with my family. Unfortunately we choose the oxford hotel. I small lobby greets you along with a rude manager and then u haul your own suitcase through a narrow staircase. The breakfast is in the stuffy basement and very very basic. The rooms are also very small. I will never recomend it to anyone.However a big thumbs up for the next door coffee shop which serves great breakfast.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family