“a week in London” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #296 of 1,080 Hotels in London
Adelaide, Australia
“a week in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Spent a whole week exploring London with the caesar as my base ..so easy to get to the tube/buses etc. The hotel is in a lovely street with keyed garden, and also very close to Kensington gardens.
The staff were very helpful and met any requests I had immediately.
the room I stayed in was one of the very spacious basement rooms, which was very well appointed and extremely comfortable furniture.My only issue was the internet access/ mobile phone didnt work too well "downstairs" 'but for those just wanting quick access the hotel has 2 free to use computers.
The continental breakfasts had an incredible array of choices and was fresh and delicious.
I planned my trip to stay at the Caesar after I had explored a lot of England and Ireland, and the staff welcomed me like a friend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Aus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed here 2 nights on a business trip and I will admit I was pleasantly surprised. The Caesar is located on a quiet street full of beautiful white-washed buildings (including the hotel) and is walking distance from a few different Tube stations, including Paddington, and also Hyde Park (great for an early morning walk/run). I stayed in a room which was just below street level, which I was worried it would be dark and dingy, but it was really modern and had a nice big window which let in plenty of light (it was sunny during our stay). There was more than enough room for two guests in my room, even though it was only me, and found the bed/pillows to be really comfortable. The bathroom had been renovated so it had a nice big shower, but the exhaust fan, which turned on with the light, didn't switch off for a while which could get a little annoying after a while.
I loved that there was 24 hour room service and during my stay I ordered the burger which was delicious and great value for money. I also had a pair of pants cleaned the day I arrived and they were returned to my room later that day - same day cleaning is a great service for those of us travelling on business or for a short stay needing some laundry done! Overall I found the cleanliness, size and location of the hotel to be fantastic and I would recommend to stay there and will look to stay there again next time I travel to London. My only suggestion to management would be to try and include a mini-bar or small bar fridge of some sort in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lozzajm
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you for your response, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments are circulated to all the staff.

In regards mini bars this is planned for later in 2012.

We hope to welcome you back to The Caesar in the future.

Milton Keynes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

We choose this hotel for an overnight stay on a trip to the Theatre. The receptionist was polite and helpful and the room was surprisingly spacious. The bathroom facilities were good and very clean. The only thing we didn't like was the very hard bed!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to leave your kind review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

The firmness of a bed is personal choice, i am sorry you found them on the hard side for you.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future, if you request a softer bed, we will try our best to accommodate you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was the first European hotel that we stayed while doing a 3 country tour. The room was nice and clean which was very important to us. The size of the room was different from the hotels in the states or at resorts but that did not affect our opinion because we were prepared for it- everythig in Europe is small by those standards. The location was great- residential and not touristy at all!!Just a walk from the metro. We would stay here again

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can welcome you back to London and The Caesar Hotel in the future.

Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed here for business for one night, in a single room. The room was small but not cramped, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was not great - the showerhead was shoddy and the drain was slow, I was up to my calves in water by the time I finished my shower. I informed reception of the drain upon checkout and was told that they are in the process of refurbishing all the bathrooms in the hotel and that the one in my room (#227) had not been done yet. Also, I was awoken before 8 am by construction noise; had I been staying another night I would've requested to be put in a room further from the work being done. I paid 110£ for the night, which was a fair price for the neighbourhood, especially in London.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DKG80
CaesarGM, General Manager at Hotel The Caesar, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for your review, we do value your feedback.

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay and found it value for money. I am sorry that you encounted a problem with the shower, the fact that we are upgrading our bathrooms is no excuse for the drainage to be poor in those still to be refurbished. This issue will be addressed with our Housekeeping department.
I also apologise that you were disturbed at 8am, we are currently until June this year also upgrading our lifts. It is with regret that some disturbance may be experienced but the long term benefit will be new lifts in the Hotel for all future guests.

I hope that we can welcome you again in the future.