“My strongest recommendation!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“My strongest recommendation!!”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

While I have visited wonderful hotels throughout the world, I have never before had such an extraordinary stay that I feel compelled to share my experience. The Chesterfield Mayfair, is, in short, fabulous. It completely lives up to its lofty billing on Trip Advisor. The staff is, in particular, remarkable. They are all warm, friendly, knowledgeable, and exceedingly professional. I had the pleasure of working closely with one concierge, Chris Campbell, to plan my dinners, theater tickets, and a trip to Oxford. I really felt as if I were his personal client -- a remarkable feat for a busy hotel! The location is superb, right in the heart of Mayfair, and about a 5 minute walk from Buckingham Palace or 15 minutes to Trafalgar Square. I look forward to many future visits to this really special property.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Kiddoc215
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that the service and attention to detail we pride ourselves on created such a favourable impression.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated, in particular Chris.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Oliver
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Our stay at the chesterfield was a wonderful experience. The rooms are spacious by European standards and very clean. We found the front desk, concierge and the doorman to be very helpful and always greeted us with a warm hello.

Each night we came into our room and had a pleasant surprise of chocolates, candy, cupcakes and a pair of cuff links.

At breakfast we were lucky enough to be seated at Carolina's table. She would welcome us with a warm good morning and understood our special food requests. She also called our diet cokes "dark champagne". Truly a good sense of humor. Caroline provided each guest with excellent service.

A nice, clean hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Linda B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and the great feedback.

I am delighted to read that had such an enjoyable stay and enjoyed our beautiful rooms. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Thank you for lovely comments about Carolina, she is a treasured member of our team and
loved by all of our guests too.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My husband and I took our two teenage children to London during the Olympics. As always, we stayed at the Chesterfield Hotel - and as always, we were given excellent service and a warm welcome. The personal service cannot be beat (such as the breakfast that the Night Manager and other employees (thank you Hani and the rest of the night staff!!) gave us in the middle of the night when our children had jet lag). Our many thanks to everyone at the Chesterfield!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BadgerJoe
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that we were able to welcome you for such a special Olympic trip. I am pleased that the extra little touches provided by Hani and his team helped to make your stay with so memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 5 September 2012

What a marvelous place to stay! Great build in a great location and all the services you need are on hand or available close by. Internet access is included in the price and a complimentary newspaper is supplied if desired.

However, the ace up the sleeve is the staff, they are superb. Extremely helpful and always smiling. They just make the stay so much more enjoyable. The restaurant and bar are excellent, again the service is great.

I have stayed a number of times and will continue going back, highly recommended!

Room Tip: I used a standard single room which was a small but very well appointed, layed out and with high qua...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Laurence294452
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your brilliant feedback from your stay with us.

Your feedback about our great and central location is brilliant and I am sure your fellow travellers will be appreciated. I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy our excellent added touches such as the internet and complimentary newspapers.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Just finished my semi-annual trip to the Chesterfield. Although this hotel is in a major city, it is as relaxing as spending a week at a remote spa (I guess -- I have never done that). I sleep better at the Chesterfield than at any other place, including home. The bedding and bathrobes are sumptuous and if, by chance, you happen to wake up in the night, you can think about how good breakfast will be in the morning.

But ... they changed the soaps! They have switched from Gilchrist & Soames to some Italian company. I guess it is OK, but nobody likes change.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jasca
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent Anniversary stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your special 10th Anniversary stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair as well as all the extra little touches in the room. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.