“Unbeatable”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rotherham
“Unbeatable”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The best possible hotel experience...my wife and I booked their weekend break for 2 nights as a celebration for our retirement and to see the trooping of the colour (15th to 17th June 2012). It was a fabulous experience and great value - it included breakfast, afternoon tea and a bottle of Champagne (we also got a number of special extras which we didn't expect ie canapes and strawberries and congrats cards in our room). Perfect in every way - such a pleasure to be treated like someone special (even though we are not!!) This is our 2nd stay and will certainly not be our last (Thank you Oliver for your very nice letter sent on our return home!!)

Room Tip: I can't comment as we were very happy with our room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrianRotherham
, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review about your stay way with us.

I am pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our brilliant weekend package and celebrate your retirement with us, and the special extra touches were so appreciated. . It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

I am also pleased the letter received upon your return was such a pleasant surprise. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Oliver
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We had a lovely long weekend break, hotel was lovely, staff very welcoming, excellent service. A very nice breakfast, very relaxing atmosphere. Would highly recommend this hotel. The room was beautiful, lots of little personal touches a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lynn r
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent trip with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair as well as all the extra little touches in the room. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Greenock, Scotland
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We arrived very early in the morning on the day of our stay and although our room wasn't ready at that point, we were allowed to freshen up and leave our luggage. We were given directions of how to reach our destination for the morning and we went on our way, Upon our return, which was still before check-in time we found that our room was then ready and our luggage had already been delivered to the room. For London, the size of the bedrooms were quite generous and provided you with anything you needed from tea and coffee to an iron and ironing board. Anything else we asked for was brought to us immediately and as we had stayed with Red Carnation Hotels before we were also greeted with a lovely welcome letter and a fruit plate from the General Manager.
Breakfast was served in a lovely restaurant and the staff couldn't be more helpful. Anything we asked for, again was provided immediately and we were not rushed at all.
From the hotel you were within walking distance of almost anywhere - we hardly used local transport at all even though we had planned to.
When we wanted a taxi to take us to the theatre, the concierge managed to find us one at a very busy time of day within a few minutes.
As our time in London came to an end, the staff all wished us and safe journey home, found us a taxi to take us to the train station and when we arrived home we received a lovely letter from the hotel thanking us for visiting and saying they would love to welcome us back, which I though was a lovely touch.
We will definitely be returning to this wonderful hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank jinty67
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that our comfortable room as well as the welcome card and fruit plate created such a favourable impression.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I don't agree with the 5 star reviews of this hotel - the finish in the rooms is bad in places - scabby sealant around the bath, areas of brown discolouring under the sink - hardly worthy of the price of the room. The tv didn't work, and could not be fixed by the man who came to assist, whose English was poor. I wasn't offered any compensation on departure nor was I even asked about my stay - not even a smile.

Didn't try the food so cannot comment. Good points are very comfortable bed and premium quality sheets and pillows. Cleanliness outside of the bathroom is much better.

Wouldn't revisit, would prefer to stay in one of the larger hotels on Park Lane.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank lovelyjubbly44
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you found the beds to be most comfortable as well as the luxurious linens and fluffy pillows.

I am disappointed to note that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for sealant around the bath as well as the television and rest assured that these have both been fixed and replaced in the room to prevent a similar re-occurrence in the future. We usually pride ourselves in our attention to detail and on this occasion it was clearly not the standard of service you experienced.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back one day.

Epsom, England
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We also had the champagne tea last Saturday. We were a party of 7 one of whom was wheat intolerant, not only was a gluten free tea available but a salad menu was also offered. I have been to other London hotels for tea and felt slightly pressurised to hurry and make room for the next reservation. Not here, we were constantly offered extra food and also a box to take any uneaten food home. Service was friendly and efficient. I will certainly recommend to my friends.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Linda C
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your afternoon with us.

I am thrilled to read that you all had wonderful afternoon with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.