The Chesterfield Mayfair
Doubletree
US$ 395
US$ 360
  • Room Service
Park Grand London Hyde Park(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
US$ 129
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 160
US$ 144
The Arch London(London)
US$ 514
US$ 278
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 120
  • Pool
US$ 1,054
US$ 998
3,605 results
All reviewsafternoon teabutlers restaurantwilly wonkagreen park tube stationred carnationterrace barchocolate factoryshepherds marketbuckingham palacecharming hotelbond streetturn down servicebottle of champagnejunior suitequiet streetevery member of staffwonderful stay
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I don't agree with the 5 star reviews of this hotel - the finish in the rooms is bad in places - scabby sealant around the bath, areas of brown discolouring under the sink - hardly worthy of the price of the room. The tv didn't work, and could not be fixed by the man who came to assist, whose English was poor. I wasn't offered any compensation on departure nor was I even asked about my stay - not even a smile.

Didn't try the food so cannot comment. Good points are very comfortable bed and premium quality sheets and pillows. Cleanliness outside of the bathroom is much better.

Wouldn't revisit, would prefer to stay in one of the larger hotels on Park Lane.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank lovelyjubbly44

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you found the beds to be most comfortable as well as the luxurious linens and fluffy pillows.

I am disappointed to note that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for sealant around the bath as well as the television and rest assured that these have both been fixed and replaced in the room to prevent a similar re-occurrence in the future. We usually pride ourselves in our attention to detail and on this occasion it was clearly not the standard of service you experienced.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back one day.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

We also had the champagne tea last Saturday. We were a party of 7 one of whom was wheat intolerant, not only was a gluten free tea available but a salad menu was also offered. I have been to other London hotels for tea and felt slightly pressurised to hurry and make room for the next reservation. Not here, we were constantly offered extra food and also a box to take any uneaten food home. Service was friendly and efficient. I will certainly recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Linda C

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your afternoon with us.

I am thrilled to read that you all had wonderful afternoon with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We came here for afternoon tea - the champagne one - on Saturday afternoon. Even before entering the hotel the staff were very helpful and friendly. Thank you.

The room where the tea was held was very nice, comfortable and relaxing. Special sandwiches were provided for me, as I do not eat meat. All very tasty. The cakes were very nice and the scones were delicious.

A really nice (though not cheap) afternoon. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to have a "proper" afternoon tea in this quiet corner of Mayfair.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank MJJMZ

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful review on the Afternoon Tea you enjoyed with us. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, including our very talented Executive Chef, Ben Kelliher and his team.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Chesterfield for a week in May. We have stayed at other Red Carnation Hotels before, and the Chesterfield sure keeps the high standards of this small luxury chain intact.
Location wise it is very well positioned, in walking distance to many of the historical sites that London has to offer. What truly sets the Chesterfield apart from other hotels is the exceptional all around service. The staff at the concierge are just brilliant and make you feel at home! The room was very comfortable (albeit a little small) and sparkling clean.
We are due to stay at the Chesterfield again this week, and needless to say that we are very much looking forward to it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Maria13
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, in particular our Concierge team.

Thank you for your highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back again this week!

Reviewed 18 June 2012

We recently stayed three nights in this hotel. While it's not technically in the dead center of London, we truly enjoyed its location in an upscale area of London. And really, once you learn the tube, I don't find that it really matters all that much where your hotel is. The service at this hotel was outstanding! I really cannot say enough about it. The concierge went above and beyond. We enjoyed their breakfast. We also thoroughly enjoyed their bar/lounge with their piano player before we headed to dinner. We went to dinner twice based on the concierge's recommendation. We had dinner in the hotel one evening which was good though service was mildly off. I think they may have been a bit overwhelmed due to a wedding party that evening as well. The rooms were nice (though a bit small) and I very much enjoyed the heated floors in the bathroom. I am nuts about cleanliness and I give this place a 5/5. The turn down service was a lovely touch. If I were too complain at all it would be in regards to the light that creeps in above the curtains (though we like it quite dark) and when we ordered room service for breakfast, we called and asked about a la carte options and were told to fill out the card and write a la carte on the side. We did this but were still charged for the full price breakfast. I was told by our cab driver on the way to our hotel that there was a lot of construction due to a new tube length being put in around the hotel so he had to take a longer route in. Since we used the tube for most everything else, this did not affect us greatly.
All in all, the service was outstanding, the hotel impeccable, and when we return to London, I will be checking this hotel first for availability.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tlmg

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely comments about your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that small touches such as the on turndown created such a favourable impression

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.