“Wonderful Hotel in the Heart of Mayfair”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Greenock, Scotland
“Wonderful Hotel in the Heart of Mayfair”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We arrived very early in the morning on the day of our stay and although our room wasn't ready at that point, we were allowed to freshen up and leave our luggage. We were given directions of how to reach our destination for the morning and we went on our way, Upon our return, which was still before check-in time we found that our room was then ready and our luggage had already been delivered to the room. For London, the size of the bedrooms were quite generous and provided you with anything you needed from tea and coffee to an iron and ironing board. Anything else we asked for was brought to us immediately and as we had stayed with Red Carnation Hotels before we were also greeted with a lovely welcome letter and a fruit plate from the General Manager.
Breakfast was served in a lovely restaurant and the staff couldn't be more helpful. Anything we asked for, again was provided immediately and we were not rushed at all.
From the hotel you were within walking distance of almost anywhere - we hardly used local transport at all even though we had planned to.
When we wanted a taxi to take us to the theatre, the concierge managed to find us one at a very busy time of day within a few minutes.
As our time in London came to an end, the staff all wished us and safe journey home, found us a taxi to take us to the train station and when we arrived home we received a lovely letter from the hotel thanking us for visiting and saying they would love to welcome us back, which I though was a lovely touch.
We will definitely be returning to this wonderful hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank jinty67
, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that our comfortable room as well as the welcome card and fruit plate created such a favourable impression.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Oliver
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I don't agree with the 5 star reviews of this hotel - the finish in the rooms is bad in places - scabby sealant around the bath, areas of brown discolouring under the sink - hardly worthy of the price of the room. The tv didn't work, and could not be fixed by the man who came to assist, whose English was poor. I wasn't offered any compensation on departure nor was I even asked about my stay - not even a smile.

Didn't try the food so cannot comment. Good points are very comfortable bed and premium quality sheets and pillows. Cleanliness outside of the bathroom is much better.

Wouldn't revisit, would prefer to stay in one of the larger hotels on Park Lane.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank lovelyjubbly44
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you found the beds to be most comfortable as well as the luxurious linens and fluffy pillows.

I am disappointed to note that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for sealant around the bath as well as the television and rest assured that these have both been fixed and replaced in the room to prevent a similar re-occurrence in the future. We usually pride ourselves in our attention to detail and on this occasion it was clearly not the standard of service you experienced.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back one day.

Epsom, England
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We also had the champagne tea last Saturday. We were a party of 7 one of whom was wheat intolerant, not only was a gluten free tea available but a salad menu was also offered. I have been to other London hotels for tea and felt slightly pressurised to hurry and make room for the next reservation. Not here, we were constantly offered extra food and also a box to take any uneaten food home. Service was friendly and efficient. I will certainly recommend to my friends.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Linda C
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your afternoon with us.

I am thrilled to read that you all had wonderful afternoon with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

London
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We came here for afternoon tea - the champagne one - on Saturday afternoon. Even before entering the hotel the staff were very helpful and friendly. Thank you.

The room where the tea was held was very nice, comfortable and relaxing. Special sandwiches were provided for me, as I do not eat meat. All very tasty. The cakes were very nice and the scones were delicious.

A really nice (though not cheap) afternoon. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to have a "proper" afternoon tea in this quiet corner of Mayfair.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MJJMZ
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your delightful review on the Afternoon Tea you enjoyed with us. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, including our very talented Executive Chef, Ben Kelliher and his team.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Chesterfield for a week in May. We have stayed at other Red Carnation Hotels before, and the Chesterfield sure keeps the high standards of this small luxury chain intact.
Location wise it is very well positioned, in walking distance to many of the historical sites that London has to offer. What truly sets the Chesterfield apart from other hotels is the exceptional all around service. The staff at the concierge are just brilliant and make you feel at home! The room was very comfortable (albeit a little small) and sparkling clean.
We are due to stay at the Chesterfield again this week, and needless to say that we are very much looking forward to it!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Maria13
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, in particular our Concierge team.

Thank you for your highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back again this week!