“Amazing hospitality”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oregon City, Oregon
“Amazing hospitality”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

My first trip abroad occurred 3 weeks ago. The chesterfield Mayfair exceeded any expectations I had about a London hotel experience.

The staff is what sets this hotel apart. Every staff person we met was friendly, helpful, and professional. I loved Carolina, our server every morning at breakfast. What a sweetie. And Adrian who showed us our room and gave dining recommendations.

The dining was superb. We had one dinner here, 4 breakfasts, bar food & the afternoon tea. Everything was delicious. The tea is exceptional.

The beds are so comfortable. The linens are the coziest I've ever slept under. Rooms are tight by American standards, but very nicely appointed. Very good bathroom. Loved the teas, cookies, waters left daily. And the turn down service was such a nice touch...facial mist or bath crystals were left on the pillow each evening to enjoy.

I hope I return to London again and without a doubt in will stay at this hotel. It truly felt like a home away from home. I loved it!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Disnychck
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you fro taking the time to write your fantastic review about your stay way with us.

It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members, in particular Carolina and Adrian.
Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the delicious food you enjoyed with us; I am sure our Executive Chef and his team will be very pleased to read your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Oliver
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My friend and I had a wonderful time experiencing traditional English afternoon tea. The setting was appropriate and the staff were exceptionally nice. I had to write a report on my experience for school and the manager was very helpful. He really took the time out of his busy schedule to talk to me and answer any questions I had. I think he noticed that I absolutely LOVED the scones, so he even gave me the recipe for them! I've tried other places for afternoon tea but I would love to come back here again and bring my family or other friends. The tea was had the perfect amount of water in it and the food was all delicious ( the scones though are my favorite! ). We were even given a bag to take home some traditional English candy!

Easily 5 green tripadvisor circles rating.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful Afternoon Tea with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the scones you so enjoyed with us; I am sure our Executive Chef and his team will be very pleased to read your comments.

leeds
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed for 2 nights last weekend when the rain never stopped. The staff were friendly and efficient and check in was smooth and easy. Our rooms were spotless and cosy. Our bed was so so comfy and the bed linen was so smooth. Breakfast was delicious, something for everyone. We had afternoon tea which again was delicious and plentiful. The bar staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble for anyone. The doorman always had an umbrella available when we went out in the rain and always managed to get us a taxi. On returning to our room one evening there was a lovely anniversary card and 2 cupcakes on a plate waiting for us , just another example of the quality of the hotel. The weekend was a celebration and it more than fulfilled our expectations. It is not the cheapest hotel but is a definate must for anyone wanting a little luxury and brillaint staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that our comfortable rooms smooth linens and bedding as well as the anniversary card and cupcake created such a favourable impression.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Superb stay at this establishment. Staff are fantastic! Service was excellent. Room had everything one could need. Big thank you to Sandine on Front desk and Jo (not sure) the Front Office manager and the doorman who was always on the ready for my many cab rides with my giant suitcase.

Well done!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience, in particular those who you have mentioned.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed at the Chesterfield on a Saturday night in March 2012. The hotel is in a great location, right in the heart of things but on an especially quiet street so none of the usual London traffic noise. We have stayed at the Chesterfield many times before and have always found it to be run to an exceptionally high standard. The staff are exceptionally helpful, the rooms well decorated and cleanliness is obviously high on the agenda. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family alike.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abikcs
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.