“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
leeds
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed for 2 nights last weekend when the rain never stopped. The staff were friendly and efficient and check in was smooth and easy. Our rooms were spotless and cosy. Our bed was so so comfy and the bed linen was so smooth. Breakfast was delicious, something for everyone. We had afternoon tea which again was delicious and plentiful. The bar staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble for anyone. The doorman always had an umbrella available when we went out in the rain and always managed to get us a taxi. On returning to our room one evening there was a lovely anniversary card and 2 cupcakes on a plate waiting for us , just another example of the quality of the hotel. The weekend was a celebration and it more than fulfilled our expectations. It is not the cheapest hotel but is a definate must for anyone wanting a little luxury and brillaint staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay and I’m pleased that our comfortable rooms smooth linens and bedding as well as the anniversary card and cupcake created such a favourable impression.

I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Oliver
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

Superb stay at this establishment. Staff are fantastic! Service was excellent. Room had everything one could need. Big thank you to Sandine on Front desk and Jo (not sure) the Front Office manager and the doorman who was always on the ready for my many cab rides with my giant suitcase.

Well done!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience, in particular those who you have mentioned.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed at the Chesterfield on a Saturday night in March 2012. The hotel is in a great location, right in the heart of things but on an especially quiet street so none of the usual London traffic noise. We have stayed at the Chesterfield many times before and have always found it to be run to an exceptionally high standard. The staff are exceptionally helpful, the rooms well decorated and cleanliness is obviously high on the agenda. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family alike.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abikcs
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband has stayed at this hotel many times and raved about it. I decided to try it on my last trip to the UK. It was wonderful. If you are looking for the traditional British hotel this is it. It is very relaxing and beautifully decorated. The restaurant looks out on a stunning patio, and the room was very comfortable. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read your wonderful review.

I am delighted that we were able to finally welcome you to The Chesterfield Mayfair after your husband has been with us so many times. I am pleased to read that our quintessentially British style and tradition was so appealing and you had such a wonderful stay.

Thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family; we do find that word of mouth is the best form of advertising we can get.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed at the Chesterfield for 4 nights in April, 2012. Great location! Very cozy room. Great English breakfast! But it's the staff that sets it apart. From the welcome they gave us when we first entered the lobby, to the farewell when we left, the entire staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. One of our travelling companions lost his wallet to a pickpocket and the staff helped him contact his credit card companies and the police. They even provided him with a complimentary drink to help him deal with the stress. Even the maintenance man who came to our room to deal with a rattling window not only solved the problem quickly, but was cordial and friendly. I can't imagine a hotel with better service.

Room Tip: Some rooms have themes. We stayed in the "music room." Very nice.