“"Great Staff"” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Surprise, Arizona
“"Great Staff"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed at the Chesterfield for 4 nights in April, 2012. Great location! Very cozy room. Great English breakfast! But it's the staff that sets it apart. From the welcome they gave us when we first entered the lobby, to the farewell when we left, the entire staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. One of our travelling companions lost his wallet to a pickpocket and the staff helped him contact his credit card companies and the police. They even provided him with a complimentary drink to help him deal with the stress. Even the maintenance man who came to our room to deal with a rattling window not only solved the problem quickly, but was cordial and friendly. I can't imagine a hotel with better service.

Room Tip: Some rooms have themes. We stayed in the "music room." Very nice.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant feedback from your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy our brilliant food during you stay. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back again next in the near future.

Oliver
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I have stayed at 5 star hotels around the world and have never experienced the quality and service of the Chesterfield Hotel staff.

They work as a team to ensure that every need that you may have is seen to in a very professional and speedy way.

Bravo to the Chesterfield Hotel, Mayfair, London, England

Room Tip: While the rooms are on the small side, there is everything that one could want.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Sonoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We recently stayed at the Chesterfield for 5 nights. We couldn't be happier with our stay. The rooms are not very large, but this is easily overlooked by the attractive decorations, cleaniness and wonderfully large bath tub and shower. The staff are exceptionally friendly, professional and they sincerely wanted to accomodate and make our stay as pleasant as possible. The breakfast was very good. Rather pricey, but no more so than the rest of London. I would and will highly recommend this hotel to my friends, family and those of you who want a centrally located, excellent hotel. Jean California

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a few nights in October 2011 during my annual business conference. The location speaks for itself: Mayfair! What else could you desire for a good access to your destinations, whether it is business or leisure.

I found the hotel extremely cozy and comfy. The rooms are decorated with taste and have everything at your convenience. Excellent bedding hence great sleep quality. Bathroom is medium-sized but also very nice and well-equipped, with 1st class toiletries provided. We didn't hear any noise of the city during our stay.

I have to mention that the hotel cuisine was mediocre, so I would recommend to experience some other places for dining. This doesn't refer to the Afternoon Tea which was perfect.

The staff is quite friendly but a bit lacking for attention. We had an issue upon arrival when the mashine blocked the funds for the whole stay+extras from our card . Somehow the transaction repeated, so the a considerable amount of money on my debet card got blocked (as you know, staying in Mayfair is not a cheap thing). We were only left with about 2 grands available for our trip and shopping, while we had to travel further in the UK after leaving London. Thank God, a colleague did me a favor and topped up my card from Moscow, otherwise we would have had problems there. I understand that mashines can fail everywhere and this cannot be 100% avoided, but I was surprised with the reaction of the staff for this incident. They acted as if nothing happened. No apologize or compliments were offered which would have been natural for such inconvenience. Not that I am greedy but just mentioning this for accuracy.

But to be honest, in all the other moments the staff was fine.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you fro taking the time to write about your stay way with us.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

Please rest assured I have addressed your concerns raised about the pre-authorisation with our Front Office Manager, who will in turn work on this with his team to ensure no similar re-occurrence in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

WOW, is the only way to describe the experience of staying at The Chesterfield. The service is unbelievable, the meals are outstanding and the location is second to none.

If you get the opportunity to go to London, you must stay at The Chesterfield as it will be an experience you will never get anywhere else

Cheers

Todd

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bucks13
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a brilliant review from your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had wonderful stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.