We stayed in this hotel for a few nights in October 2011 during my annual business conference. The location speaks for itself: Mayfair! What else could you desire for a good access to your destinations, whether it is business or leisure.
I found the hotel extremely cozy and comfy. The rooms are decorated with taste and have everything at your convenience. Excellent bedding hence great sleep quality. Bathroom is medium-sized but also very nice and well-equipped, with 1st class toiletries provided. We didn't hear any noise of the city during our stay.
I have to mention that the hotel cuisine was mediocre, so I would recommend to experience some other places for dining. This doesn't refer to the Afternoon Tea which was perfect.
The staff is quite friendly but a bit lacking for attention. We had an issue upon arrival when the mashine blocked the funds for the whole stay+extras from our card . Somehow the transaction repeated, so the a considerable amount of money on my debet card got blocked (as you know, staying in Mayfair is not a cheap thing). We were only left with about 2 grands available for our trip and shopping, while we had to travel further in the UK after leaving London. Thank God, a colleague did me a favor and topped up my card from Moscow, otherwise we would have had problems there. I understand that mashines can fail everywhere and this cannot be 100% avoided, but I was surprised with the reaction of the staff for this incident. They acted as if nothing happened. No apologize or compliments were offered which would have been natural for such inconvenience. Not that I am greedy but just mentioning this for accuracy.
But to be honest, in all the other moments the staff was fine.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located in exclusive Mayfair, near to designer shopping and many of the city's most iconic attractions, the Regency style hotel feels comparable to a traditional private club. Quiet, calm and efficient service blends with supreme comfort and luxury. Guest rooms and deluxe suites combine superb facilities with relaxing surroundings. The Library, Butlers Restaurant, Conservatory and intimate bar cater for every culinary whim or inclination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Chesterfield Mayfair reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel London
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- Chesterfield Mayfair London