“A nice, very "English" hotel in a great location”

The Chesterfield Mayfair
Ranked #14 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a few nights in October 2011 during my annual business conference. The location speaks for itself: Mayfair! What else could you desire for a good access to your destinations, whether it is business or leisure.

I found the hotel extremely cozy and comfy. The rooms are decorated with taste and have everything at your convenience. Excellent bedding hence great sleep quality. Bathroom is medium-sized but also very nice and well-equipped, with 1st class toiletries provided. We didn't hear any noise of the city during our stay.

I have to mention that the hotel cuisine was mediocre, so I would recommend to experience some other places for dining. This doesn't refer to the Afternoon Tea which was perfect.

The staff is quite friendly but a bit lacking for attention. We had an issue upon arrival when the mashine blocked the funds for the whole stay+extras from our card . Somehow the transaction repeated, so the a considerable amount of money on my debet card got blocked (as you know, staying in Mayfair is not a cheap thing). We were only left with about 2 grands available for our trip and shopping, while we had to travel further in the UK after leaving London. Thank God, a colleague did me a favor and topped up my card from Moscow, otherwise we would have had problems there. I understand that mashines can fail everywhere and this cannot be 100% avoided, but I was surprised with the reaction of the staff for this incident. They acted as if nothing happened. No apologize or compliments were offered which would have been natural for such inconvenience. Not that I am greedy but just mentioning this for accuracy.

But to be honest, in all the other moments the staff was fine.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for everyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you fro taking the time to write about your stay way with us.

Thank you for your great description of our surrounding areas and highlighting what a brilliant location we have, I am sure your fellow travellers will appreciate your feedback.

Please rest assured I have addressed your concerns raised about the pre-authorisation with our Front Office Manager, who will in turn work on this with his team to ensure no similar re-occurrence in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel in the near future.

Oliver

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

WOW, is the only way to describe the experience of staying at The Chesterfield. The service is unbelievable, the meals are outstanding and the location is second to none.

If you get the opportunity to go to London, you must stay at The Chesterfield as it will be an experience you will never get anywhere else

Cheers

Todd

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bucks13
oraggett, General Manager at The Chesterfield Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a brilliant review from your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had wonderful stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair again in the near future. It is always good to receive such positive feedback from our guests and I will be sure to pass your lovely comments on to all our staff members.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

What a find! I have been going for short breaks to London and use this hotel regularly. It is charming and well run, the rooms are very comfortable and luxurious and the food is excellent. When we arrive the staff are quick to welcome us and to take our bags and nothing is ever any trouble. I am fussy about service and accommodation but cannot fault this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your recent stay with us.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Chesterfield Mayfair. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This quaint and very comfortable hotel has been a real win, as a person who travels a great deal and has to spend numerous nights away from home in strange hotels. The friendy efficient staff will always go out of theri way to assist you in any way they can and will try to make your stay a memorable one. The food is excellent and caters for different tastes. The hotel has a wonderful bar where one can sip an excellent galss of wine and listen to John create magic on the piano. As a single female I feel quite comfortable going to this cosy bar on my own. What a win to discover on my last trip that the owners are also South African. I have stayed at The Chesterfield many times and the standard is always excellent. I will not stay anywhere else in London.

Room Tip: Ask for a double room even if you are a single person
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your writing such a lovely review and for taking the time to give us your feedback.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted to read that you were able to enjoy our brilliant Terrace Bar and resident pianist, John, in the evening. Thank you for all of your positive comments and I will be sure to pass these on to our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is our second stay with this chain and very pleased. A repeat of the excellent service and the location is superb, walkling distance to most places and the tube stops nearby are fantastic.

Cannot fault it at all. Of course there will be the odd grumble of room size but remember our standards have changed since this building was created. Enjoy the experience and if you can negotiate a deal even better.

The nearby Shepherds Market area is a realy find, pub food not great but a small restaurant on the street level is superb opposite the pubs.

Great location and great hotel, will be back again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write such a pleasing review from your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had wonderful stay with us. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team about their service, and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.