1,530 results
All reviews covent garden small kitchen great location apartment hotel british museum one bedroom apartment pizza express tube station sofa bed pret a manger good size piccadilly line west end minute walk central location lounge area coffee machine
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The photos from the property are very deceiving. Photos look nice and clean, only when I checked in I realize it’s actually extremely dirty (per photos below). The old and grease stains in the shower, kitchen, and even chairs have been built up for years. I go to the front desk the next morning wanting to speak to a manager, a DIANE refused to speak claiming to be busy but I saw her through the glass door doing nothing. Tried to make a case via hotel agent, they came back with false accusations I assume as a cover up. This place is not only unhygienic but simply disrespectful.

Stayed: April 2018
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear jocelyntse

Thank you for your feedback.
We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with Citadines Holborn and that we could not make your stay more comfortable. I have noted your comments regarding the overall state of the room and I am truly sorry it was not up to the standards we strive to maintain. I have conducted an investigation and I understand that you checked in at around 6pm and nothing was reported to us until the next morning when you checked out, giving us no opportunity to rectify the problems you encountered.

Again I am truly sorry about the poor experience.

Regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018

If you don't need an extravagant hotel lobby and everyday service, this is the place. Neutrally friendly, centrally located, spacious, clean, quiet and without spending a fortune. This is the type of apart-hotel when in principle you can prepare if you want your breakfast, lunch etc. However, there are plenty of charming little places around the hotel yo enjoy London.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Ioannis E

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you are a fan of our residence and found our décor, guest accommodations and in-room amenities tastefully appointed. We are truly proud of our colleagues and I was pleased to learn that we were successful in providing you with friendly and intuitive service.

I am proud to learn that our colleagues were successful in providing you with a truly memorable experience. It is our goal to touch the heart and soul of each and every one of our guests and it was simply our pleasure to provide you with the personal attention you deserve.

We sincerely appreciate your recommendation as well as your recognition and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Regards Germana

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Thin walls so you can hear your neighbours and housekeeping walking about.

Not well heated and quite cold in winter seasons.

Weirdest thing about this place was that during our stay, we've had staff who would just open the doors into our rooms after only a few knocks claiming to be checking in on how we were, which felt very strange and lacking in privacy. I thought it was common courtesy to give more advance notice before entering an occupied room, e.g. a phone call or a note. What if the guest had been in a state of undress?!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessie S
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Jessie S

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Citadines Holborn Covent Garden hotel, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences on this site.

Naturally your comments are deeply concerning to both myself and my team, who all share a passion for great customer service. Please be assured your experience is completely incongruous, as many reviews on this site demonstrate. However one review such as this is one too many I am extremely embarrassed that your time with us was marred by so many issues.

It would be churlish of me to try to justify the situation; clearly we failed you as a guest.

I would like to apologize that you had such an unacceptable experience, as a first time guests to the Citadines we missed a vital opportunity to win your loyalty, I can only hope we have an opportunity to alter your current perception in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My Wife and i have stayed in this and the Trafalgar properties a few times. Usually these are a cheap clean nicely located property we really enjoy staying at. Well that has all changed, we were looking at staying at either properties in June - July this year, our usual long stay. We always wait for a deal and get the room for around 85-120 pounds a night. Well this year we waited for the sale 50% off, advertised as all properties from 1st may - 31st December, only problem is we checked multiple countries and hotels with NO sale at all, it was a con. Now to add further insult to this, when we were not logged into our guaranteed members best price Ascott site, the price was 175 pounds per night, when logged in it went to 238.88 pounds!! I rand a number of times and was constantly given different rates, often MORE expensive that both of these prices! I was fobbed off, even called a liar! Unfortunately for them, i took screenshots of EVERYTHING. Finally the international reservations manager, Maricar ICASAS | Manager, Global Reservations Office contacted me, to say Yes they had made a mistake, but did he offer me any 50% off NO, did he offer me the standard 10% off for Members No. These people stuffed us around for days, i was called a liar i was told that price never existed and then NO flash sale for London at all, even whe that was part of the supposed sale. As someone who has literally stayed at hundreds if not thousands of Hotels around the world, i have NEVER encountered such fobbing off of a customer! Any other Hotel or chain ive ever stayed at would be mortified their staff called people liars and certainly would be price gauging with FALSE OFFERS like this...Disgusted , i have included screenshots with the 175 (not logged in) 238 (members price) and the 268 (after i sent screenshots)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BboyWizard

Dear BboyWizard

Thank you for sharing your experience on this platform. I am so sorry you found the Ascott site confusing but I am glad to learn that Maricar was able to assist you with your query.I hope we can change your mind about our chain and you will stay with us again. Regards Germana

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Stay here for one night had a great night sleep and the room was great with the small but kitchen area. The only thing the room was not bright need more light. Hope to visit again as the hotel is right in the center which is good.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank omar d
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear omar d,

Thank you for your most generous and encouraging feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in making your stay a pleasant one.

We will look forward welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind regards,