1,543 results
All reviews covent garden small kitchen great location apartment hotel british museum one bedroom apartment pizza express tube station pret a manger good size piccadilly line west end minute walk central location lounge area coffee machine oxford st
Reviewed 21 July 2009

It was nice to have a secure place to stay, shower and, even though we didn't really use it to its full potential, the kitchen was a nice touch. We weren't there long enough to enjoy it, but you could save a lot cooking there if you were in town a while. Came with hairdryer, plenty of closet space, but we never really folded up the couch bed, it was just too much trouble really. Right next to the Underground and a nice day can be had walking to Covent Garden, Leicester Square and Piccadilly from there without needing to use the U. It's nice to just take in the city. We felt we might have been overcharged, but aren't certain - we could have just misunderstood (be sure you're certain how much you're being charged). :)

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaurenR2
Reviewed 19 July 2009

Stayed for one week, great location. Just a few minutes walk to British Museum, Covent Gardens, theatres, etc. Underground station is across the street, makes traveling around very easy. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Lobby much more modern and inviting than the rooms are however. Room was very dated, needs new carpeting badly. Setup of room was awkward, doors always banging into each other. You are on your own for towels and supplies.
Location is excellent but I did expect more at this price range.

Date of stay: April 2009
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I stayed here in June 2009 for six nights. Apparently six nights does not include cleaning or change of towels, or sheets. I could live with the room not being cleaned, and the sheets not being changed, but two not very large towels for 1 adult and 1 teenager was a bit much. Also, two very small toilet rolls (not replaced) so you will have to buy extra if you use it for tissues removing makeup etc.
However, the location is excellent, across the road from Holborn tube, Superdrug, Sainsburys. Within walking distance of Covent Garden, Chancery Lane, British Museum.
The staff was not particularly friendly, only one of them was in any way polite. But if you know where you are and dont need to speak to them you should be okay. Free internet in room (if you have your own laptop). There is a supposed business centre, which is a laptop and photocopier/fax off reception (daughter needed access to Bebo). Carpets through all areas were disgusting and shabby, but room was clean with tv and cd player. Kitchen was stocked with microwave, diswasher, toaster, iron, ironing board etc. Would have preferred towels and toilet rolls lol! Would I stay there again, yes for a shorter time!

Reviewed 27 June 2009

This hotel website’s room pictures are completely misleading. The hotel pictures on their website looks new vs. the real furniture and room itself is old and filthy. We manage to change our room twice on the fifth floor as we complain to the reception that the 1st room was filthy. However, we soon discover the 2nd room is the same. That is when I realized probably all rooms are the same. The carpets are old, run down, filthy. The sofa bed is old with orange color. I can’t tell if the wallpapers are painted on or if the wallpapers are just old and corner edges are beaten up. The cabinets looks worst than Ikea furniture and dusty too. Bathroom is dirty, some of the bathroom floor tile was cracked, and grouts are black. Bathtub have hair on their rim. The corner of the bathtub grouts specks of mold or black with something. Toilet needs to flush few times in order to flush completely clean. We open the window upon check-in to vent. We had trouble closing it and need to call reception for assistance. When they close it at nighttime that is when I realized a big draft of cold air was coming in. Sofa bed feels like sofa bed. Not too comfortable, but that was expected. We request extra blankets due to bad windows and the blankets didn’t cost extra. However, the blankets look used up. The pillows were flat, so I’d asked to 2 more pillows. Then they give us 2 good fluffy pillows that looks pretty new. We slept with them for one night. The next morning housekeeping wanted those good pillows back. The reason they give us is that they were 2 “new” pillows. Instead, they replace it with 2 flat, old pillows. That made us completely unhappy. Oh, let me remind you that every room comes with kitchenette. When people start cooking, watch out for the potpourri of smells. From burned toast to stinky fish. The mini-fridge was not cold enough. On a positive note, there were new TV, and free internet. Location was good, one minute to the tube station. I am all about obtaining a good clean room. Therefore, I have a problem with this hotel and with the pillow incident. That is just NOT good service. Maybe it’s because I obtain the “best internet rate” on their website that might be why I can’t have "newer" pillows and got old, flat pillows??? With the condition and price of this apartment hotel. We should of stay at the Travelodge and is couple of blocks down street. It's probably cleaner and definitely cheaper to.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank hs_janet
Reviewed 24 June 2009

This was ideal for my teenage daughters, myself and a friend who had travelled to see a show and shop on Oxford St. The location was excellent, staff friendly and apartment clean. OK this was not the Savoy but perfect for our requirements.