1,517 results
All reviewscovent gardensmall kitchengreat locationapartment hotelbritish museumone bedroom apartmenttube stationpizza expresssofa bedpret a mangergood sizepiccadilly linewest endminute walkcentral locationlounge areaheathrow airport
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel in 2010 and it was wonderful! The studio is great, the rooms are renovated, the staff are awesome....and we got a STEAL on expedia if you're looking for a good deal. I still think about what a cozy place this was and would love to go back! It's close to the tube and walking distance to everything you'd like to see. Even the Tower of London is a 45 minute walk away (we were really into the walking, as there's so much to see!).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thank you for your review.
I was pleased to read your comments and delighted to hear you had a good experience with us and you were happy with the service you received.
I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.
With best wishes

Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the Olympics opening ceremony. It was a great place to stay and the room was great with all you'd expect in a studio and more. I rated it lower on value due to it being more expensive during the Olympics. It would be good value normally.
We were also really surprised by the simple, but really good, self serve breakfast. Especially as it was open till 11.30. Would recommend the waffle machine- I've never seen this before but it was awesome! Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank pauloherbie
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Given that you have travelled quite a bit your review holds a lot of weight. For your next visit consider booking through our own website where you will find the best deals including complimentary internet.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay.
With best regards

Reviewed 19 July 2012

We recently spent 2 nights here for my
Hen party and felt it was perfect for what we wanted. The rooms were a good size and clean, the staff were friendly and the location was perfect - we didn't even need to use the tube as it was cheaper for us all to just get taxis to where we wanted to go.

We've already booked to come back for
a girlie theatre and shopping weekend in December

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank P1pSt
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us and how much you liked one of our rooms. Our location is ideal for getting around in the city, but the best part of the hotel is the staff. Thank you for recognizing their efforts! We hope to see you soon!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige London Holborn inDecember.
With our very best wishes,

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed 3 days in Citadine for a business trip. And I found the location very convinient both for work and night life. Staff was really helpfull, very good tips for eating out. Room clean and nice I ll be back for my next family trip

• Stayed: July 2012
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige London Holborn in the near future.
With our very best wishes,

Germana

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. Great spot, really central. My inbound flight was delayed so I didnt arrive til about half 1 in the morning but checkin staff were wonderfully welcoming and extremely helpful and friendly. Room was huge, spotless with a gigantic bed and compact but fully functional kitchenette area (could do with some glasses though!). Bathroom was also big and spacious, spotlessly clean, though the towels were very small. Free high-speed wifi was great and room was relatively quiet.

Realisd on the second night the TV didnt work, when I opened the remote the batteries were covered in white residue. Maintenance arrived almost instantaneously which was great, turned the tv on manualy but the replacement remote i got was for a different model of tv so it didnt work either.

Checkout experience wasnt great. Tried to tell the lady about the remote but she wasnt very interested, and sort of cut me off mid sentence to say "oh yes I'm seeing that my colleague has written this on your file, do you want a manager?". She had no interest in listening to me directly or helping to resolve herself, so a disappointing customer experience after what had been for the most part a really enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank intrepudtraveller
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback.

I would like to apologize for the disappointing experience you had with us. We always do our best to meet the expectations of all our guests, but in this instance, we failed to meet your expectations. While we strive to maintain the highest customer satisfaction standards, monitoring our effectiveness can be a challenge at times. We welcome feedback such as yours as they indicate the areas where we can further improve.

I have investigated your comments regarding the receptionist that assisted you with your check out and I would like to assure you that I have personally addressed the issue with the staff concerned. I have arranged for this member of our team to receive additional training and guidance to perform a much better role going forwards. We will also continue to review our operational procedures, to ensure we deliver a quality and consistent service in future.
Once again, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Kind regards