1,526 results
All reviews covent garden small kitchen great location apartment hotel british museum one bedroom apartment pizza express tube station sofa bed pret a manger good size piccadilly line west end minute walk central location lounge area heathrow airport
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Just 1 city block or less than 3 minutes to Holborn Station, which has the Central Line (Oxford St. shopping experience) and the Picadilly line (direct to/from Heathrow). Abundant no. of supermarkets, pubs, restaurants, dry cleaners, electronic shops and banks. From 5 to less than 20 minutes walking distance to Russel Sq., Convent Garden, Leicester Sq., Chinatown, theaters etc. High Holbern directly connects to Oxford Street on the West side.

Facilities are not 5 star but you get decent clean accommodation with a modern washroom and a nice kitchen with microwave, cutlery, iron/board, fridge and stove. Internet is free. I found the bed a bit soft and the TV rather small. The spacious ground floor lobby provides complimentary hot drinks, fruit, newspapers and internet ready computers. Beside this area are laundry facilities and complimentary use of a small gym. Staff were very pleasant and were ready to offer help. I really enjoyed my stay here and will certainly return. Great location!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor away from street
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank ArtMON
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Reviewer

Further to your recent stay at the Citadines prestige Holborn Covent Garden hotel I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete .

It is immensely rewarding to read such a positive review and serves as a great motivator to the team here at the Hotel.

We strive to provide our guests with memorable experiences in the hope that they will return time and time again. I am very happy to read that this is exactly what you intend to do and look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stay away on business 2 - 3 nights a week, so I generally want a good location, a comfortable room, where I can work and relax for a couple of hours, and a good night's sleep.
Positives of the hotel were:
- Reasonsable sized room, with added bonus of a decent kitchenette with hot plate, microwave, fridge etc
- Great location - I chose this location to be near where I was working the following day, but it is also very convenient for tourists and near to a number of attractions, with good transport links.
Negatives:
- Service: I waited an unprecendented 25 minutes to be checked in. It's the first time I have ever been asked to take a seat when I approached a check-in desk (with the offer to help myself to coffee, which suggested a long wait!). In fairness, they later told me they'd had a problem with their systems, but (a) they still only had one person working on reception and (b) after taking a seat and waiting 15 minutes while they checked in one person, I had to complain because they then started people who had arrived after I had. It's one thing to have a "systems problem", quite another to make a complete hash of dealing with your clients while you sort it out.
- The room had laminated floors, which I particularly dislike, especially on a cold winter night, and the room was freezing when I arrived and took some time to heat up.
- The TV in very small and only had the 5 terresterial channels, of which the reception was so bad on BBC1 & 2, it was unwatchable. Very poor for a hotel in central London and not to even offer Freeview channels is unusual for a hotel.
- A "double" does not mean a double bed - it's two singles pushed together.

I'm sure that the negatives I've highlighted may seem relatively minor to many poeple, but at £180 per night, I have stayed in far better hotels, even in central London.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Citadines prestige Holborn Covent Garden hotel, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences on this site.

Naturally your comments are deeply concerning to both myself and my team, who all share a passion for great customer service. Please be assured your experience is completely incongruous, as many reviews on this site demonstrate. However one review such as this is one too many I am extremely embarrassed that your time with us was marred by so many issues.

It would be churlish of me to try to justify the situation; clearly we failed you as a guest.

I would like to apologize that you had such an unacceptable experience, as a first time guests to the Citadines we missed a vital opportunity to win your loyalty, I can only hope we have an opportunity to alter your current perception in the future.

Regards

Reviewed 26 January 2012

Well placed and well kitted out aparthotel in central London. You are not talking 5* hotel here but then you are not paying 5* prices either in a prime location!
Check in was seamless, with our request to have the couch in the living room made up for our arrival, duely noted and done.
Although the space is limited it is well planned and all our needs were easily met with a small kitchen area providing ample space to make a cup of tea.
Daily housekeeping kept the apartment tidy and plenty of fresh towels/ toileteries were provided each day.
Reception staff were helpful and eager to please, which made our whole stay very pleasant.I would certainly stay here again and indeed my husband has stayed here in the past and was very pleased with it also.

Room Tip: If you are staying for any longer than a couple of nights it is worth paying the extra and getting the one bedroom apt for the extra living space.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
ggesitg, Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you kindly for bestowing us with your generous compliments in respect to our accommodations and amenities. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our tastefully We look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige Holborn. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

The rooms were very tiny, the beds were horrible. You cannot sleep in the convertible couch in the living room so if you have more than 2 people this is a terrible choice. We had to have a bed brought in. Very few hotel type services. One tiny television and very little room. Staff was nice and location is very good.

Room Tip: Would not choose this hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.
I was so sorry to learn that you feel this way about the Hotel and the points you have mentioned, I was pleased to read your comments about the location and our staff .
I do hope you will return to Citadines Prestige Holborn one day and I will have pleasure of meeting with you personally.
With warmest wishes,

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed here on 3 separate occasions (October, November and December 2011) for business, and I love it! The location is excellent, with walking distance to Oxford Street, British Museum and loads of other good places.

Stayed in a Studio Club room, which has its own fully equipped kitchen. Lovely, clean and modern decor and great to be able to cook your own breakfast (although the included continental breakfast was fine too). There are several grocery stores nearby where you can stock up on food for your stay.

Internet access was included in the price and it was fast and reliable, although I did find it annoying that you needed a computer with a network port to activate your internet (after activation you could use as many as 5 wireless devices at the same time). I don't know how it would have worked if I hadn't had my laptop with a network port with me, perhaps reception can give you an activation code then?

Really like this place, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Silvernight
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear Reviewer

Further to your recent stay at the Citadines prestige Holborn Covent Garden hotel I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.

I also would like to share with you that we can supply our guests with an internet code at reception should you only have a wireless device.

Kind regards