1,517 results
All reviewscovent gardensmall kitchengreat locationapartment hotelbritish museumone bedroom apartmenttube stationpizza expresssofa bedpret a mangergood sizepiccadilly linewest endminute walkcentral locationlounge areaheathrow airport
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Stayed an extended weekend with my mother.
The bed was overly soft, but the kitchenette and other facilities were nice. The room was large for London. The hotel seemed to partially cater to the apartment rental style clients, which may explain some of the service details. They offered breakfast for 11 puonds a head, we skipped that and ate at the nearby Shakespeare's Head,
Excellent location very close to Holborn tube station, easy to access from Heathrow directly with Piccadilly line, and good access to central London with Central line. Easy walking distance to Soho, West end theatre's, and Covent garden. British museum is also very near.
The net access in the hotel was ok, when using the wired connection, but the wireless connectivity in our room was poor. There seemed to be dozens of routers available, but we seemed to get good signal form none of them. Not an issue with me.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2011

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Citadines prestige Holborn Covent Garden hotel, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences on this site.
I am sorry to learn about a couple of frustrations you experienced during your stay but so delighted you enjoyed your overall visit.

I look forward to welcoming you again

Regards

Reviewed 11 May 2011

We stayed at the Citadines Holborn for two nights at the beginning of May. We really liked the decor, modern and cosy at the same time. The service was very good. On entering our room we saw that the extra bed was not there, we called reception and not five minutes later the bed was brought.
The room is small (obviously made smaller by the extra bed) and the kitchen tiny but there is everything you need if you want to cook... but we didn't. Everything was spotless.
The only criticism as far as the room is concerned is the pillows: there was a choice, it's true, but they were all equally high and rather hard. The bed was comfortable though.
I've read negative reviews about the breakfast, well, I don't know what people expect to eat for breakfast but there was everything we could want and more: you could even bake you own waffles! Different types of bread, croissants, pain au chocolats, boiled eggs, cheese, cold cuts, cereal, different jams... everythings delicious (was not impressed with the coffee, that could be improved).
ON checking out there was a small problem, that is the receptionist thought we had to pay separately for breakfast, but we had actually already paid for it. So she checked and everything was solved in less than five minutes, always with a smile.
You can't beat this hotel for location either, so close to the metro and ten minutes' walk from the British Museum.
We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you kindly for bestowing us with your generous compliments in respect to our accommodations and amenities. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our tastefully We look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines Prestige London Holborn. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 26 April 2011

Very convenient. Very good location (next to Holborn's Station). Five minuts walk to Covent Garden and to British Museum. Apartment equipped and very functional.
Good service.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2011

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback which I was delighted to receive.
I am so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us and how much you liked one of our rooms
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines prestige London Holborn in the near future.
With our very best wishes,
Residence manager

Reviewed 17 April 2011

Recently refurbished appartments. Located in Holborn. Everything was brand new and clean. We had a one bed app, the bed in the bedroom was comfortable but the pull out bed in the lounge was not the best nights sleep. Usual campbed type but was easy to operate. Tube station just across the road but you can walk into west end and covent garden it takes about 15 mins to Leicester Square and is a straight route. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank SooCross
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most generous and encouraging feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in creating a fantastic experience and that you have become such a fan of our service and amenities.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition and recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 12 April 2011

The hotel is in a great spot in Holborn, about 2 min walk to the Tube, and for a stay of one week had all I needed right there. LA Fitness about 5 min walk, people there were great and arranged a one week pass for me. Sainsburys 2 min walk across High Holborn street, all essential shops and some good pubs in neighbourhood.
The hotel: perks include having a kitchen in the room, good for me since I actually eat breakfast but need to cook healthy options and dont want to waste time eating out, or eating waffles and such in lobby for $20, literally.
free espresso/americano etc in lobby, night and day. It was actually not bad coffee.
nice lobby area with WiFi, which you might like if you need to jump on WiFi and work or whatever, because the rooms are cramped and not very inviting. Mine looked out upon a sterile walkway/courtyard where I could look across into empty offices across the way. yawn.
reception staff very tolerant of newcomers to London, at one point it was all (4) staff on deck to help me find a particular address I needed to go to on a Sunday.

what I hated: the bathroom, or more specifically the shower. the tub is a v-shaped affair with about 3 inches of level space at bottom, so when you shower you must go into any number of strange foot forward/foot behind stances in order to plant feet on a level surface. It was really annoying. Also, it has a half-door on it, so you are bound to spray water all over the bathroom floor no matter how careful you are.
also, the TV. I love watching TV in hotel, as I dont have one at home. especially when I am in another country. This one had some fuzzy excuse for a couple local channels, and thats it. Dont know if thats normal, I wasnt home enough to look into it.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
ggesitg, General Manager at Citadines Holborn-Covent Garden London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that overall you had a pleasant stay at Citadines prestige London Holborn.
I have noted your comments about the bare look of your room and the pleasant decor in our lobby. Regarding the Tvs I would like to share with you that if you selected the Digital option you would have had access to about 80 free view channels. I am sorry if this was not explained to you upon check in.
I am proud to learn that our colleagues were successful in providing you with good customer services. It is our goal to touch the heart and soul of each and every one of our guests and it was simply our pleasure to provide you with the personal attention you deserve.

I hope you would consider our hotel again and I look forward to welcoming you should you choose to do so.

kind regards