Check in was easy, offered breakfast at a reduced rate but declined this option. Room on 6th floor near to the lift. I was a bit concerned this might disturb me but it didn't.
The room was a single, and therefore fairly small but the bathroom was quite large in comparison. The decor is modern and the bed is very comfortable.
All room facilities were fine, a decent hairdryer, an iron, toiletries, tea/coffee/kettle.
Location is just around the corner from Holborn, there are loads of restaurants around to eat in. Ideal for shopping and sightseeing.
You can get room service, or eat in the brasserie or bar but I opted to go out for food and drinks instead.
I got a deal from Agoda to stay here.
My one complaint would be that the floor in the main foyer was quite slippy (it had rained a lot) and I did nearly fall at one point. I am sure if I had mentioned it to the staff they would have put something down on the floor but I was in a bit of a rush. Perhaps something they can be more aware of in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary 4 star boutique style hotel with complimentary WiFi, air conditioning & rainfall showers. Within walking distance of many of London's top attractions British Museum, Covent Garden, Oxford Street & Theatres. In close proximity to Russell Square tube station. Euston mainline station and Kings Cross St Pancras for Eurostar are nearby. Enjoy a bite to eat or a relaxing drink in our recently refurbished restaurant and bar, followed by a stroll in London's fashionable Bloomsbury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure London Bloomsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure London Bloomsbury Hotel London
- Waverley House Hotel London