The Montague on The Gardens
US$ 317
US$ 285
Travelocity
4,443 results
All reviewsbritish museumblue door bistroafternoon tealeopard barrussell squarered carnationcharming hotelquiet streetbirthday cardcovent gardenthe general managerconcierge staffturn down servicelittle toucheswest endjunior suiterooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful weekend break at The Montague on the Gardens.
Every time we visit we are welcomed back like old friends, but even first time visitors get a warm welcome.
The staff are all very friendly and the Blue Door restaurant serves excellent food.
The breakfast is a buffet affair, not my favourite I have to admit, but never the less the food is always very good.
Cannot wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are at the back of the hotel. But, having said that the front rooms face onto a quiet road during the night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your return visit to the Montague.

It is very pleasing to read your complimentary feedback regarding the staff and the quality of the food that we serve.

I am delighted to hear that you will be visiting us again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

After warmly recommending the Montague only a few weeks ago, it may seem exaggerated to write another glowing review. On this second visit, however, the hotel doubled the pluses which I had first mentioned. Indoor comforts and the garden view made up for the april-like weather. The location was even more appreciated for the (relative) distance from the spreading pre-Olympics madness and for the ease of walking to work at the Wellcome Library. We were able to share the restaurant's cachet and delights with several friends at lunch and dinner. Above all, people proved again to be the Montague's greatest asset. This time, in fact, their care went far beyond what any guest could expect. On our last evening, when a stomach virus made me quite ill, Pol and his colleagues were as professional as paramedics and as gentle as nurses in helping me to the cab for UCL emergency. In the final hours before we returned to Heathrow, we were comforted by the concern of the lovely restaurant staff, and by several thoughtful touches that ranged from the chicken soup which the Head Concierge conjured up (thanks, Mustafa!) to a cordial chat with the General Manager (thanks, Mr Crokaert!). Now, for us, this is no longer just a nice hotel but a bit of home and family! For any visitor to London, this is just one example of what the Motnague can do!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Professor,

It was an absolute pleasure welcoming you back to the Montague and thank you for your very kind words about your recent stay at the Montague.

I do hope that your journey home was not too hard. I was pleased to hear that the staff was at hand during these difficult moments and that you have now fully recovered.

I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

This is our 4th stay at the wonderful Montague. Everytime we visit we are welcomed wonderfully & treated so well.. We got an upgrade to a beautiful suite which was beautiful. Service in this hotel is unsurpassed. Breakfast is delicious and so much choice. Location for us is perfect. Close to 2 tube stations and lines and central to everything. We are planning our next visit to London in August & will definitely go back to our favourite London hotel The Montague! Thankyou, Stephanie & Mark Heley.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank stephy777
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very encouraging comments following your return visit to the Montague.

It is very pleasing to read that as a regular guest you feel that the service has been consistently high during your many visits to the Montague. Your feedback is a great motivator to the team.

I am delighted that we were able to upgrade you to one of our suites on this occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in August.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Was recommended this hotel by a former colleague and am so glad that she did. We only stayed 1 night on the 11th July, for the occasion of my husband's 60th Birthday. I cannot praise the hotel staff enough, nothing was too much trouble and especially would single out the young Portugese lady who was working in the bar area, she was wonderful and we appreciated her very much, unfortunately, I didn't know her name.Although our room was somewhat on the compact size, it overlooked the gardens and our every need was thought off. We especially liked the 'Rain' shower! Breakfast was great and the choices were enough to suit everyone's appetite I should think. We liked the little touches that came our way, the young lady in charge of the breakfast area, when she found out it had been my husband's special birthday, presented him with a chocolate muffin with a lighted candle in it and when there was nowhere for us to sit for afternoon tea because we had been advised there wasn't a need to book, a table in the conservatory was quickly turned into a proper and fitting table for us to enjoy our feast! Tea was superb and I couldn't possibly eat it all, so a box was found for me to take away my uneaten cakes. All in all, a fabulous stay and if we can, we will certainly stay at The Montague again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very complimentary feedback about the hotel and the staff.

I was thrilled to read that your 60th birthday celebration was a success and especially that the hospitality provided by Mariana in the bar and Lucia in the breakfast room was memorable. Please rest assured that their service will be duly recognised.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed the little touches that we provide.

I am delighted to hear that you will be returning to the Montague in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I have chosen the Montague Hotel after browsing a few options recomended by the members of Tripadvisor. I can confirm the localization is fabulous and that the hotel stands to what you expect from a luxurious place. I would say reasonably luxurious, not extravagant, meaning as a positive attribute. Booked two rooms, and both were very good (would recommend to take out part of the furniture - the guests don't need so many chairs and tables). Service was perfect, even after checking out and returning to pick up the baggage to go to the airport. The hotel's bar facing the garden was inviting, but I didn't have the time to try it. Good place to spend a few days in London.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay at the Montague.

I was pleased to hear that you found the service that we provide to be perfect and that you had an enjoyable time with us.

I hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the Montague in the near future.