“comfortable rooms, helpful staff, in an ideal location”

The Nadler Kensington
Ranked #58 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Geelong, Australia
“comfortable rooms, helpful staff, in an ideal location”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I stayed at Base2Stay overnight before catching a connecting flight. Due to it's close proximity to Earl's Court station it was really easy to catch the tube to and from the airport and to get around London. I arrived at the hotel just after 8 in the morning hoping that they would be able to hold my luggage before I checked in. However I was pleasantly suprised when I was asked if I would mind waiting while they checked if my room was ready. Less than 15 minutes later I was in my room with maps to help me get around London, discount vouchers for surrounding resturants and the password for the free wifi. I stayed in a single room which was rather small but it had everything I needed and it was clean. A small kitchenette, TV, a work desk and an impressive bathroom were all provided. Between the great location, room and staff, this hotel is great value for money and I would definately stay here agan and recommend it to friends!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Emily M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Singapore
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Review is 9 months late. Stayed there in December for 5 nights in total, with a break in between as we went to Paris. The hotel is lovely and the service excellent! It was cosy and superbly clean, and surprisingly of a very comfortable size for a boutique hotel. Hotel staff were so helpful. Loved the mini-kitchen. Was such a huge plus point. Location was great. Walking distance to the tube and to eateries of all kinds. Was also a 5 minute walk to the Marks & Spencer's supermarket. Will DEFINITELY return to the hotel. Loved every bit about it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Ontario
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We chose base2stay after doing a quick internet search on "London" and "kitchenette" -- this was exactly what we were looking for. It was part of a package deal, and we chose it based on the features offered, and the ratings on TripAdvisor.

The hotel is in an updated Victorian building, with all new furniture and fixtures. It is really great value for the money. We wanted a place where we could enjoy meals in the room, and cut down on expenses in a very expensive city. There is a grocery store just around the corner where we shopped and were able to have 80% of our meals in the room. As we stayed 10 days, this certainly helped to cut down our expenses.

The room itself was a little on the small side, but this was more than made up for by it being clean and new. The bathroom had great tile floors and new fixtures - just loved it! Free wifi was an added bonus (some reviewers thought it was slow, but I didn't find it to be too problematic).

We really liked the location in Kensington as this was our first trip and we had some nice walks in the area. I would prefer this to being right in the centre downtown. There are a number of pubs and restaurants in the area, Tube station only a 2 minute walk, and Kensington Gardens/Hyde park a nice 15 minute walk north.

The only minor "complaints" if you could call them that were that there could have been a few more dishes provided in the kitchenette, and the view out the window wasn't great (just a window on to an alleyway) but we didn't care and it didn't affect our trip in the least.

Last but certainly not least - the staff were the friendliest people we encountered in London, and helped us find good restaurants (gave us discounts too) book theatre tickets, and really made our stay enjoyable. We would stay here again in a heartbeat, and likely will.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank psmith45
England
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Base 2 Stay, an award winning hotel, is situated on a quiet street in the Earls Court area, offering the ideal location to recharge your batteries from the demands of busy city life. Apartment hotels are a great concept that offer you the conveniences of the services of hotels, yet facilities of an apartment. I stayed in the deluxe room, a very spacious room with a fabulous view, which just aided my relaxation. I opened the mini kitchen area to find a microwave, a fridge, crockery, cutlery, a coffee machine, and a kettle, all of which neatly closes away to look like a wardrobe. The plush king sized bed beckoned me at night fall and did not disappoint, as my tendencies for managing to comfortably retire to sleep are akin to the fairy tale of ‘The Princess and The Pea’, for those not familiar with this story, the poor princess was able to feel a pea even through a mountain of mattresses. Although peas are not the issue for myself, I certainly have strict preferences for a firm mattress with luxurious softness at the top. The design of the rooms is modern and comfortable, offering affordable luxury. Free Wi-Fi is a wonderful addition to each room, and much easier to use than the internet TV, of which the challenge of using the mouse – which was actually a remote control, was a little too much after a day of heavy rain and travelling all over London.

The highlights were having kitchen equipment without having to dial room service, and incur strange looks for requesting items, therefore adding to the feeling of self-sufficiency. One could purchase some groceries in a nearby store, and eat in the room. There is a large sized coffee table and a very comfortable sofa bed that ensured a pleasant in-room breakfast experience.

The rooms are priced for those seeking a four star luxurious experience; yet do not want to pay for facilities they will not use, such as a gym. There is no compromise on in-room facilities such as HDTV, workspace, and concierge – who are ready to assist you with maps and much more. The air conditioning is highly responsive, which must be the first of such experience worldwide for myself: - I simply did not know air conditioning could work so perfectly to provide comfort without desiring to open every window in my room. I am sure this is an additional reason I slept so soundly on my plush king sized bed. There is even a pillow menu available, for those who are very select in their choice of pillows; however, I was extremely comfortable with the pillows provided. Alongside the perfectly functioning air conditioning, you will find powerful hairdryers that are good as those you have at home (which is quite a statement as I have a high powered salon hairdryer), and I found my hair was dry in record timing. You will find lovely plush towels in the bathrooms, alongside Keiji aromatherapy toiletries created using Eucalyptus oils.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Sarahelianarose
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed for 5 nights during the Olympics at Base2Stay in Kensington. We selected this place primarily because of the consistent reviews. The good news is that the good reviews were "spot on" as they say. The rooms were consistent with the description and the staff was extraordinarily helpful. They have no restaurant on site but provide coupons for discounts at local sites (Try GBK for fabulous burgers). The location is just a short distance from the Earl's Court tube station and there are grocery and laundry facilities nearby. The only complaint I had is what my sister referred to as the "European style" shower enclosure (which is really only a half-enclosure) in the larger room with the bathtub. If you aren't careful, you could end up with water all over the place. Just took some getting use to. Will keep this place on the list for future trips. Maybe it was just because we were there during the Olympics (hope not) but everyone we encountered was incredibly nice and helpful. Even the attendant at the launderette! You couldn't hestitate for more than 15 seconds in a tube station before someone would offer to provide directions. Great job, London!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family