“Fabulous! Fabuloso!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Fabulous! Fabuloso!”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

excelente localização, com 3 linhas de metrô . região com restaurantes e lanchonetes proximas. staf atencioso e educado. quarto excelente . limpeza excelente. recomendo muito e com certeza ficarei lá numa nova oportunidade. Perfeito!
excellent location, with 3 subway lines. area with restaurants and cafes nearby. staf attentive and polite. excellent room. excellent cleaning. I highly recommend and definitely stay there on a new opportunity. Perfect!

Room Tip: not to say.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The position to Earls court station was a very short walk, fantastic.The staff couldn't do enough, very cheerful & pleasant. The room we had was fantastic & extremely clean. We found the position of the hotel a great convenience to all we wanted to see. Easy access to heathrow which is a big plus, on the same line so for women traveling without strong men this is a consideration when you don't have to change trains with all your luggage. We also found earls court station really easy to deal with. It was simple to get to all major tourist spots. We went to everything, Greenwich, Windsor, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge etc. Having a small kitchen enabled us to eat dinner at home every night ,small supermarket around the corner. We will definateley be back. It was brilliant.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tully1965
Sydney
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This is a charming, small hotel in a great location in beautiful Kensington. Our room was perfectly comfortable, clean and quiet. Hotel staff gave us helpful recommendations on dining options (with discount vouchers). Upon these recommendations we experienced fabulous meals at nearby English pubs etc.

We would happily stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: There are stairs inside the hotel corridors which may present a challenge for some travelers.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights and it was great. Room was always clean and comfortable and the staff is very helpfull and always available. Everything just one block away of Earl's Court underground station. Perfect.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

I'll start with the positive. This property is very close to a tube station, staff was friendly.

Now for the rest. Our room at Base2Stay was in a cramped, depressing hallway and I have a feeling we were in the worst part of the hotel. As I was unpacking, a HUGE spider crawled across the floor next to my foot. When I say huge, I mean so large that I noticed it out of the corner of my eye on carpet that it basically matched. That is large. I had to deal with him with a nearby shoe. In addition, our window was next to some kind of parking lot and we were treated to someone wheeling a trash can/dumpster loudly through it at 6am. So much for sleeping in!

This place is also way further from major attractions than I realized. To get to The Tower for instance took us about 40 minutes on the tube! The only time this location was a plus was when it was time to leave as it was closer to Heathrow.

When I realized that this was not somewhere I wanted to spend 3 nights, I asked about canceling the next two nights. I was informed that their 48 hour cancellation policy was very strict and we would lose our money (the room was pre-paid on Expedia). We stuck it out and stayed and I was thrilled when it was time to check out. At that time, I was told that we needed to pay. When I informed them that I had pre-paid they said they had no record of it. Our cab was waiting at this point so I let them run my card and told them I'd have to sort it out with Visa later. Thankfully Expedia refunded me and apologized.

In short, I know tons of people have enjoyed this hotel. I was definitely not one of the and will not be back. We had stayed in another property earlier that month for far less that was vastly superior in room size, location and amenities.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank HPotterFan
Sandra A, General Manager at The Nadler Kensington, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear HPotterFan,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. The hotel is located in a leafy residential area, and so it’s possible that a spider might crawl in to the hotel after the housekeeper, who many reviewers will confirm maintains the highest standards of cleanliness, has checked the room, and we are sorry that this appeared to have happened to you. Some of our rooms overlook a private mews, with residential homes. We have spoken to the waste collectors as they usually make their collections after 9am, but obviously on this occasion they did not adhere to this and I apologise.

We are located in Kensington, a beautiful, historic neighborhoods with many museums, monument and buildings of cultural interest such as the Victoria and Albert, Natural History and Science Museums, the Albert Hall, and Kensington Palace amongst many others. However, London is a very large city (over 600 square miles) and not all of these are as close, with the Tower of London being some 30-40 minutes away by Underground.

I hope you will reconsider and visit us again.

Kind regards