I stayed here a couple of years ago on my first trip to London. At that time, we stayed in a superior room (I think) in mid winter. This time coming in April, the prices were higher, so I elected to stay in a bunk bed room with my 18 year old daughter. They had warned me that it was 'compact' and they weren't kidding. If my daughter hadn't been carrying almost everything she own and her guitar, on her way back to uni, it would have worked beautifully.
The bathroom is bright and clean, with nice toiletries. the towels are nice and big, too, with the added pleasure of a heated towel bar. The single bed was comfortable and felt much larger than a single.
We arrived before our room was ready and left everything at the front desk. By the time we returned, our bags were in the room, which was a relief. We stocked up on some breakfast goodies, knowing that there was a fridge and microwave, along with a water boiler.
We asked for dinner recommendations locally and they suggested an Italian restaurant nearby as well as a Greek restaurant. They both looked good, and we chose the Italian and weren't disappointed.
Upon leaving, the man on duty carried the heavy bag for us and also put it into the taxi. I should add that he also called a taxi for us when we realized that the underground station we needed, was not equipped with either escalator or an elevator.
I won't even bother looking for hotels in London with this one so convenient. Coming over from Europe on the Eurostar, we caught the Picadilly line west to Earls Cross and walked about 1/2 km to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The original base2stay hotel, now called The Nadler Kensington is an exciting hotel concept in London, located in a fabulous location next to a quiet Kensington Garden Square. This original townhouse and mews has been interior designed to provide all guest rooms with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, HDTVs with 6,000 track music library, internet and games, mini-kitchen, 24-hr Reception & Concierge Service, daily maid service and oversized power showers or baths. The Nadler Kensington has excellent transport connections and is in close walking distance of Earl's Court tube station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Nadler Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base2stay Kensington London
- Base2stay Kensington Hotel London
- Base 2 Stay