Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

More Info
from US$ 41.00
More Info
8,139 results
All reviews red arrows imax cinema launch pad space exploration all ages flight simulator interactive exhibits suggested donation great for kids free entry half term natural history kids and adults rainy day on display mathematics technology
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Loads to see. Some boring for a 4 year old as not alot of interactive unless you pay to go into wonderlab.
Wonderlab was the best thing though for our 4 year old. Once there spend all day. The shows are worth seeing, the bubble one was our favourite. Have to pay extra to get in this wonderlab though. £19.80 for 2 adults and a child for us.
We ate in the diner on ground floor. Burgers and chips but very reasonably priced and well made. Kids meal £6 meal n drink.
Shop has alot to offer too.

1  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I went to the Science Museum with the family on Easter Day, when it was surprisingly not too busy. Even though it is free entry, you are 'encouraged' to donate in order to get in to the building.

The museum itself is good, but not great, and definitely not as good as it used to be. Granted, I have 'grown up', but the displays were more eye candy than good factual science. The information panels were insufficient for us to delve into the science.

Also, beware the extra costs! It is a 'free' museum. I don't mind donating to the cause, but once inside, I was then invited to pay for an IMAX experience; a Red Arrows simulator; a Typhoon Simulator; a Space Simulator with Tim Peake; a gaming exhibition (at >£10 each!), and more - not including the cafes and gift shop. I would say that half the real estate inside the museum has been given up to earn more revenue (which isn't always that good anyway).

I used to think this was a futuristic museum. Sadly, if it isn't updated, it becomes a science history museum. We all left disappointed, including my teenagers.

1  Thank OnTheCoastAl
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Enjoyable few hours spent walking around the various exhibits. but very noisy when school trips are taking place. unfortunately you really are pressurized to pay £5 each to get in. would rather there was a £5 entrance fee than expecting a free visit.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visited on a wet bank holiday so it was likely to be very busy but we’d bought tickets for the Wonderlab, in advance. However, when we arrived the queue was about 1.5 hours to get into the Wonderlab and unfortunately we didn’t have that time to waste as we needed to get a train later that day. We asked for a refund and the lady was helpful an pleasant about it. She apologised and said that it was particularly busy and hectic that day. Good customer service. I do think having a timed system for the Wonderlab would cut down on the waiting and provide much better customer service. We had a wander around the rest of the museum, some parts more interesting than others and still lots to show curious children. I would return on a quieter day as we would definitely like to try the Wonderlab.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Like me, my bank call centre security specialist also had his mobile phone stolen from the toilets in the basement. BEWARE! Notices and extra CCTV near by should be actively monitored.

1  Thank Worldtravelfrends