“Everything is 5 star”

Ranked #1 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Berwick
“Everything is 5 star”
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed a single night inour return to Australia after spending 6 weeks travelling Europe.
We had decided to splurge for our last night are we were not disappointed.
Everything from the greeting at reception, the complimentary champagne, the comfortable bedand room, the lounge where we were able to relax after a days shopping and enjoy complimentary cheese, nibbles and ice creams.
All excellent.
Great people and a great location!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan J
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hapton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2012

What a wonderful location for the palace! After being invited along to one of this year's garden parties and after having this hotel recommended to us by friends who had stayed here previously, we booked a double room. On arrival we checked in with a complimentary G & T and were told that our room was not available for us to change before rushing out to the palace, so we were upgraded to the Monarch suite! Our room was absolutely wonderful, clean crisp sheets, a wonderful night's sleep in a very comfy bed. The following morning the breakfast was perfect, lots of choices. The staff were very helpful, friendly and very professional. We would definitely recommend this hotel to all!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ElaineB66
Los Altos, California
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We spent six days at 41 during our recent trip to London and quite simply it was a trip highlight. The rooms are not huge but they are incredibly well furnished with all the amenities. Its very luxurious. But the real treat is the staff. They are all wonderful. With all 28 rooms on one floor and with an Executive Lounge on the same floor, you have a perfect place to relax whenever there is a respite in your day and, of course, while doing so you interact with the staff. We were traveling with our two college age kids and all four of us loved the staff interaction and enjoyed the superb, but not pretentious service. There is always something to eat of drink there as well and the breakfast is fabulous. We have traveled extensively and its as good a hotel experience as we have ever had. Finally, if your seeing the sights in London, there is simply not a better location. Highly recommended!

5 Thank Bill4731
Idaho
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Rented 2 rooms for 3-4 days. The rooms are excellent, and immaculately appointed. The personal service provided is excellent. The food in the restaurant is superb...all at an impressive price. Breakfast for 2 for ~$100? Seems pretty steep. Several 'hiccups' during our stay. I requested flowers and chocolates in our daughters room (to celebrate their 2nd anniversary), and they were in our room. My daughter asked about a visit to Buckingham Palace, and she was told that it was closed on the day she requested. (6/30). However, when walking past the Palace, we stopped by the office, and made her and her husband reservations for the visit, which went great (thanks to her perseverance, and not listening to our concierge). Power from the floor plugs were 'off'' for several hours, but not a true 'inconvenience' that we couldn't deal with. Overall, this was a very nice hotel, very well appointed, with nice amenities and great service. BUt....far from 'perfect'...

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms very close to the lounge, and did not experience any noise/inconvenience from the...
6 Thank jtimhall
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Choose this hotel immediately - it's the best hotel I've ever been to. Stayed with my mom for 5 nights to explore London for the first time (I'm 22). To be honest, this hotel was my favorite part of my visit!! First of all, the service is way beyond first class! Needed a new room change, printing items, searching for restaurants, recommendations on the city...and much more. I think all of our questions and need for assistance was perhaps a little too much, but the staff was always able to provide the best information with a smile. To add to my travel experience, I ended up losing my passport! The hotel staff asked for all possible places I may have lost it and called/searched for us 24/7. Every time I saw them, they were calling again and again. They told me, "Enjoy your trip in London. We'll call for you." I wouldn't have seen the city if it weren't for them! Ended up needing an emergency passport and they helped me from start to finish in getting prepared for the U.S. Embassy visit. Three names in particular came out on top for myself: Monika, Remus, and Frederic - they are kind, hard-working, hospitable, polite, and EVERYTHING else. Not only are they hotel staff, but they are concierges, tour guides, and have now become great friends of mine. My stories revolve around this hotel. Period. If you want to know what it feels like to live like a royal, come here!
Next, the decor is elegant, and classy. Tthe food was delicious. Service was impeccable. Location was near everything. They have snacks available for free during the day and evening. Morning paper delivered - your choice. They can customize breakfast for you. We came in late on our first night and were starved..again, the hotel staff was there to save us. I could go on and on, because it truly made my entire trip memorable. The passport incident really surprised me in how much they did. I will never forget this group, the hotel, and will be running back to this hotel for another London trip next year. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. I wish all hotels and other hotel staff learned from Hotel 41. Thank you, Hotel 41!!

3 Thank Krysta P