“Location”

Ranked #416 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Helsinki, Finland
“Location”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed there for one week on business trip. Great location and breakfast! If you're travelling for work and need to actually work in your hotel room, book room for 2 persons. Single rooms are quite small. Nice 'library/coffee/computer -area downstairs. Small gym as well. Would stay there on holiday too, if it wasn't so pricy :(

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
MadelenTobiasson, Front Office Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at myhotel Bloomsbury during your visit to London and for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as it allows us to target areas that might require our attention.

Since your recent stay last year we have changed our library and gym into conference rooms. All our guests are able to access the improved areas and you can use them to relax, work or arrange a business meeting. We also offer gym vouchers to a close by modern gym for any guests who wish to work out during their stay.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future.

myregards,
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
King's Lynn
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed here for two nights to combine work commitments and also turn it into an early Valentine's treat. I chose the hotel for its location which was close to the work venue but perfect for things like the British Museum, restaurants and shopping, and also because it looked impressive. I booked the 48 hour stay package over the phone which included breakfast for two days and a two course dinner on one of the nights we stayed. This is where things started to fall apart. On a snowy night when it was too cold to go out we decided to eat in and were shown a menu which was changed to a much reduced selection when we mentioned we were on the 48 hour package, and none of the things we wanted were on this menu. No-one had said this at any stage of our booking and I queried it only to be told that no managers were available to make a comment on this. It was rather ridiculous as the hotel restaurant wasn't full and it's not as if the package had been fantastically cheap anyway to warrant such a poor choice of options - we paid nearly £400 - so I persisted and we were eventually able to choose from the original menu. However, I wasn't convinced that we wouldn't be charged for it as - in another move that I wasn't overly impressed with - they'd swiped for more than £50 extra on top of the cost of the room booking on the card, for 'incidentals' . The room prices online were advertised without VAT so every step our stay seemed to incur hidden costs. The final straw was some kind of row between a guest and staff in the corridor outside our room at 4am which woke us up and meant we couldn't get back to sleep. At this point I got dressed, went downstairs and mentioned all of the above to the duty staff as our trip was becoming increasingly awkward and stressful rather than the romantic getaway we'd hoped for. A discount was offered and was carried out at checkout stage. However, even then because we'd lost sleep we were a little late for breakfast and had staff hoovering around us as we ate - despite the fact that the other end of the restaurant was empty and they could have started cleaning up there. So, it's a nice hotel, with compact rooms, in a good location and - with some prompting - the staff made amends for difficulties which really shouldn't have occurred in the first place, but I really feel that attention to detail and clarity of information is missing from myhotel bloomsbury so I doubt that we'll be back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank welltravelledcat
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Very good central location, excellent for people who want to make the most of a night out/sopping trip/theatre etc. The hotel is modern and relaxing and follows the same theme as the other Myhotels in the chain. The staff were all friendly and enthusiastic and seemed happy to be doing their job, the music played at breakfast was a nice touch rather than sitting and eating in silence, windows great for people watching. The breakfast was very basic but good, however, I think some items should have been kept cool and not just left out at room temperature.
The suite was very comfortable and had everything you need, I would recommend this hotel and like to return. There aren't many "hanging out" areas except for the reception area and breakfast/bar area but as the position is so good you will be out and about most of the time anyway. Definitely has a boutique feel to it and lots of attention to detail.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bluebell_dream
MadelenTobiasson, Front Office Manager at My Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at myhotel Bloomsbury during your recent visit to London and for taking the time to share you comments. We appreciate all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as it allows us to target areas that might require our attention.

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments have been passed forward to our staff who, I know will greatly appreciate it too. I agree with you that the location of the Hotel is great for shopping, nice restaurants and many tourist attractions.

Surrey
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Really pleasant stay - all staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was lovely but "compact" -actually good value for money in London and space was not an issue as we were there for 1 night so minimal luggage. Shower was not the greatest.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Based on the reviews on this site I booked a double room for single use and was not disappointed.

The hotel has is in an excellent location for the West End, Oxford Street and the main attractions in London. Staff were very welcoming and provided me with a lot of information. The water (with lemons and oranges) in the reception area is a welcoming touch.

Corridors leading to rooms are narrow and do not necessarily give the best first impression. The room (217) was of a very good size for London. A large and comfortable bed made for a good night sleep. The bathroom was very large and well appointed. The room faced Tottenham Court Road and I was initially concerned about the noise, but it was not a problem at all.
The hotel has free WiFi that works very well.

Breakfast is good but at £15 pounds it does not come cheap.

Overall a good hotel. I booked the hotel through booking.com and got a good rate making the hotel reasonable value for money for central London.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business