“Excellent location, tiny rooms.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #309 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Andover, Massachusetts
“Excellent location, tiny rooms.”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Overall this is a good hotel and we would stay there again, but there were one or two problems. We had booked a superior room but the first one we were shown had the view obscured by an abuttment and was so tiny that we asked for another. The second room was slightly bigger, with twin beds (? a "superior" room). We were very tired and did not immediately register the fact that there was only one, rather uncomfortable, desk-type chair. So, in between outings when we were both there and wanted to relax, read, make phone calls etc, one of us had to sit or lie on the bed. The room and bathroom were clean, the beds comfortable but the lighting was not ideal. The (ceiling spot)lights managed to cast shadows in a way that made it very hard to read in/on either bed. We did not complain because we were really not in the room that much during the day but when we mentioned the problems the night before we left, when we were requesting a late check- out (which we obtained), the staff tried to be helpful and offered us free breakfast next morning, which were unable to accept because we were meeting a friend elsewhere. Breakfast at the hotel is overpriced and my one phone call from the room (I couldn't reach the (UK) number on my cell ph), was outrageously expensive, but I gather these matters are not unique to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank burwend
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of the Bloomsbury St Hotel.

Indeed, Bloomsbury St Hotel is an ideal base for your London break, next door to the British Museum and just minutes from Oxford Street, Covent Garden and Soho. Having undergone an extensive £25 Million refurbishment and reopening in February 2009. Each of the 174 luxuriously spacious hotel rooms have been decorated in calming, neutral tones and accented by rich colours and fabrics. All our standard rooms are a minimum of 15sq mts. which is common for all London hotels.

If possible kindly contact me prior to your next visit to London so that I can personally show you our studio suites and King deluxe rooms which are generously spacious and very well reviewed by other travellers.

To this end, I trust you will reconsider joining us on your next visit to London.

Hasnain N. Alloo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a birthday treat, from the moment I arrived I was treated like a VIP....Birthday cake in the room, chocolate strawberries as well as a room upgrade, comp wine...I cannot fault the staff whom all were absoultely fantastic. I was spoilt rotten, not to mention the huge breakfast the following morning, which was well needed afater a night on the tiles....
The hotel is within walking distance from Tottenham Court rd station and is a stones throw away from Oxford Street and all other attractions.

I will without a shadow of a doubt be going back and have already recommended this hotel to anyone that will listen.

keep up the good work

Room Tip: Room was on the 3rd floor, no noise from outside
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 1globe123
Dear Guest,

My team and I are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time in our hotel and found our location, size of the rooms and breakfast to be of great value.

I truly believe that we are one of the finest hotels of London, with an eye for delivering genuine hospitality to all guests in our company. We are passionate to ensure our guests enjoy every moment with us, and your pleasant words are surely a great motivator to us all.

I hope on your next visit, you will have a moment to enjoy a few cocktails in our Bloomsbury St Bar or take time to sit back and relax whist treating yourself to an In-Room Spa treatment!

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know directly.

Kind Regards,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was an exceptionally good hotel in the centre of London. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. Offer of still or sparkling water on arrival was a nice touch. Slightly disappointed that the complimentary bottle of water was left half finished for me to complete on the second night of my stay - (and they say we Aberdonians are mean!!). Also the check-out service could be improved - only two of the available four terminals were being operated at 8:30 am.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank BigDave1958
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation and constructive suggestions.

I am happy to say that our previous brand standard of ensuring one complimentary bottle of water is provided to guests on arrival, is now being amended to a fresh bottle of water - as and when needed. This will be in-effect from June 2012.

Also, the front desk team have been advised to ensure staffing levels are maintained at all times so that such incidents do not re-occur again.

With above actions being taken, I trust you will rejoin us again on your next visit to London.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I have been staying here on business for the past 5 years, including before the hotel was renovated. I spend about 10 days a year here.

The staff and service keep getting better and better. Congratulations to the management.

Stayed April 2012
4 Thank JulianF733
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Bloomsbury St Hotel, and thank you for being our patron.

Yes - In the heart of Bloomsbury, our team greets guests with a warmth and geniuene hospitality. Our calming ambience and gilded spaces are complimented by an original art collection, fine dining and superb facilities. In keeping with our commitment to quality of product and service our hotel has gained well deserved popularity with many guests over the years, and we are very proud of this achievement!

I trust you (with your friends and family) will join us in the many years to come in London.

If I can be of any further help please let me know.

Bilbao
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Well renovated 4 star hotel at a beautiful neighborhood, The room price are not bad for London standars. The staff is horrible. I stayed there for 4 days, and since the first night I ask them to fix my broken minibar. I explained them that i did not want a cold beer in my room after work, but that I need it to keep my medicine cold. Nothing, After 4 days the fridge still did not go. I always got nice smiles and kind words, but they didi care a bit about their customer. The restaurant was too slow, and one again they did not pay much atention to the customer. It seems to be mandatory to ask for anything about 5 times before you get it. The price of the breakfast is way to expendive for what you get.

It is a well decorated ridicolously managed hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on this forum.

I am sorry for your disappointment and understand that my team has been trying to contact you for the past one week, so that this matter can be investigated and corrective actions are taken.

When you get a moment, would you please contact me directly via the hotel reception or guest relations.

Email: allooh@radisson.com