“Ttrendy hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Miami, Florida
“Ttrendy hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

The location is Excellent!
Great trendy hotel in pretty much the center of all the tourist attractions.

Our room was clean and comfortable
The bathroom was nice, and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful.
Breakfast at the hotel was fairly pricey.
WI-FI worked well.

Highly recommended

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
thedorchester, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear Nixon C,
Many thanks for leaving such positive feedback on your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read how much your enjoyed the whole experience and I hope we get to welcome you back soon again.
Kind regards, John Scanlon, Hotel Manager, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Before I start can I just say it not about the money that I am writing this it's about Principle

As anyone that has stayed at the Dorchester will know it is a beautiful hotel and the location is very good, but why do I have to pay £4 delivery service for a room service Cheese burger when they are charging me £ 26 for it already??
And then they want to charge me £19-50 a day for wifi which I can get in Starbucks or mcDonalds for FREE oh and there is another 12.5% added as " discretionary " for everything you get
Other than the Penny pinching what they should do is put an extra amount on the cost of the stay then make you feel better by saying all these things are complimentary anyway that's just my point of view.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank c8hoc
Dear c8hoc,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at The Dorchester. We greatly value hearing all of our guests’ feedback. I am sorry to read that your stay did not live up to your expectations but please be assured that we will take your comments into account as we constantly strive to improve our guests’ experience. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Dorchester in the not so distant future.
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Opulent yes, decadent yes, expensive, yes. But for a reason - everything was pretty much PERFECT. Elegant furnishings in the room, deep marble bathtub was fantastic. Complimentary bottle of champagne and fruit basket on arrival was an unexpected nice touch. The bar is a touch pricy and seems to be frequented by some less-desirable members of society (think escorts, not bankers!), but overall yes, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Chris N
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear CaptainHaddock81,
Many thanks for taking the time to write about your recent visit to The Dorchester. It is such a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the bedroom furnishings and the bathroom. I am sorry to read about your experience at The Bar and I would very much like to discuss this with you further. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly when you have a free minute or so.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Came here for my wife's birthday (sat 25th August). She loves afternoon tea, she's been to the rtiz and various other in and around London. She claims to have never had such a fantastic afternoon tea.

We were served by a French chap (it wasn't Anton, but he came over and was lovely as well). The guy was fantastic, you can tell he loved his job (if he doesn't he should be an actor) nothing was too much trouble, his bater was terrific, so attentive.

The food was lovely, sandwiches first class, scones delicious, the cakes were great as well. As many as you want, I was stuffed by the time we left.

Explained at reception it was my wife's birthday, they brought out a little cake and the pianist played happy birthday, a few people clapped., a lovely moment that topped off a really really lovely afternoon.

I'm not one of these types of people who really enjoys these affairs, but honest to god, the place, the food and the whole experience was amazing. Will return without a doubt,

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gsusx
Dear gsusx,
I am delighted to read that you chose to spend your wife’s birthday with us at The Dorchester and it is a pleasure to hear how much both of you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass on your kind feedback to Anton and the rest of the team and I look forward to welcome you both back soon again.
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husband treated me to afternoon tea for my 30th birthday. It was such a lovely afternoon. The service was excellent and we felt very spoilt.
We were at the end of the afternoon tea, so the sandwiches were not as fresh as they could of been but they were still very tasty. I was catered well for as a veggie, but there wasn't as much sandwich choice, however it was still excellent.
We had drinks at the bar in the evening and it was also really special there and we felt very well looked after. We can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Macadamia44442,
Many thanks for leaving such a kind review of your recent visit for Afternoon Tea. I am very pleased to hear how much you and your husband enjoyed celebrating your birthday with us and that you also had the opportunity to enjoy some drinks in our bar. I will share your kind comments with the team involved and we look forward to your next visit.