“Close to shopping”
Review of The Capital Hotel

The Capital Hotel
Ranked #40 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Stayed at the Capital for 2 nights to shop and sightseeing in London. Great location. Average hotel. King sized bed with a skinny bathtub with shower in main bath and a second bath with just a toilet and sink. hot water pipes warm your towels but watch your leg when on the toilet that you don't burn it. Lots of bath and shampoo products. Room service was nice. Key is on a block of wood and you need to leave it at the door when you leave the hotel and pick it up when you come back to the hotel. The price was outrageously expensive as most London hotels are.....

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank simonandv
thecapitalhotel, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you for your review. We are very lucky to be so close to many exciting things in Knightsbridge and the centre of London and it is good to hear that our location suited your visit. I am also glad that you approved of our Kiehls bath products and other areas of the hotel such as room service. If I can ever help with a future booking please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kate Levin

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Superb attention, venue, room, bar, and restaurant. The Capital is completely reliable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank westsood
thecapitalhotel, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

It gave me great pleasure to read your review, thank you so much. I am delighted to hear that we continue to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at the Capital whilst on business and found the location excellent. I was disappointed by the small bedroom (I had a standard double) which had outdated decor, noisy heating and pretty poor in room amenities including a very old, small TV. The room was fairly clean although the windows could do with a wash.

Service was over attentive and impersonal - I was in the bar reading (the only person there) and had finished my drink. I was asked 3 times in 20 minutes if I would like another. I began to feel pressurised to buy another or leave.

Breakfast was slow to arrive although excellently cooked. I was not that impressed with the orange juice but that's personal taste.

Overall a very average stay in what appeared to be an exceptional hotel. I think next time I'll try elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank PurpleLime

Thank you for your review, I apologise if you felt that we did not reach the standards that you expected during your stay at the hotel. It is never our intention to overbear our guests, I agree that it is not pleasant when this happens and it appears that the bar team did not communicate between each other, please be assured that they would have been asking you if you wanted another drink with the best intentions. I am pleased that you enjoyed your cooked breakfast, Donat our Breakfast chef will be delighted to hear.

Please be assured that we take all our feedback very seriously and I will address your concerns with the right members of the team.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

We have just experienced finding a Hidden Gem of a five star hotel in the heart of the shopping district of Knightsbridge. We were heading for the big smoke as a little present for my wifes birthday. Living it up in hotels and shopping is the perfect tonic for my wife, so where better than night at the Capital Hotel. It is a beautiful hotel of elegance and luxury tucked up between Harvey Nic's and Harrods. (gents make sure you bring the plastic!)
The Hotel is five star indulgence of all things good about hotels, the staff are professional, warm and friendly, the bedroom was classical but with all modern essentials for the modern day couple and the food accompained with service is of the higest standard.
If it is a quality hotel with equally high service standards situated in the heart of London that you are looking for, oh and you enjoy the odd bit of shopping and sightseeing, the Capital Hotel is a must stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsFoulkes

Thank you for your very generous review. I am so pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us during her birthday. Our location is indeed fantastic for the shops, museums and the park and we are delighted that you both had a relaxing and fun time over the weekend. The kitchen, restaurant and bar teams will also take great pleasure in reading your review, we are very proud of our restaurant and the standards it reaches.

I hope to be welcoming you back to the Capital very soon, please let me know as it would be a pleasure to look after your reservation and meet you.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

A hotel which will deliver on all fronts. Small and discreet in the heart of Knightbridge, it delivers from the moment you are greeted by warm and friendly staff at the entrance. The rooms are tastefully done up and very comfortable, well worth having a drink in the bar area prior to having some exceptional food in the restaurant. I went with my wife and we can't wait to have the excuse to go back there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John D
thecapitalhotel, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Thank you for your kind feedback, I very much hope to be welcoming you both to the hotel again soon. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the bar and restaurant as well as finding the rooms comfortable.

Please let me know if I can help with any future bookings or in any other way.