“Near perfect.”
Review of Claridge's

Claridge's
Ranked #43 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed here for my birthday. Excellent friendly check in. Efficient concierge. Well appointed room and fantastic bathroom. Wonderfully ambient cocktail bar and enchanting lobby area. We ate at Gordon Ramsey's which was extremely good. Breakfast was again good. The only downside to the stay was the poor quality of sleep, with the continual whirring of what I think was air conditioning/ ventilation system in the courtyard below which in the still of night is very loud. A real shame, maybe I'm a light sleeper but it seemed many of the rooms around the courtyard would be affected by this. It was only a one night stay, but had we stayed longer I think it would have become an issue.
This aside we had an enjoyable time as I'm sure you will if you stayed here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hixy
Claridges_London, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear “Mr./Ms. Hixy”,

Thank you so much for the many wonderful things you reported and remembered about your stay with us which I was delighted to read and to share with the team.

I was so sorry to read that the air-conditioning unit in our courtyard disturbed your sleep. This is easily avoided by our allocating a non-courtyard-facing room on your next visit. We would love to add this preference to your profile but as this forum is confidential may I ask you to mention this when you make your next reservation or e-mail me direct and in advance on tkochs@claridges.co.uk.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

With all good wishes and safe travels,

Thomas Kochs

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Its fair to say that I haven't stayed at Claridges. Having enjoyed cocktails with them before in The Fumoir, I wanted to book a room for my Mum's 75th Birthday. I booked in January for an April stay. I also booked for dinner, I decided with two weeks to go that I also wanted afternoon tea, but was disappointed to find that we could not be offered a table despite the fact that we would be residents. On this basis , I called the Ritz who informed us that they saved tablea for tea for people who were staying. Given this, I cancelled my booking at Claridges and booked the Ritz. I told Claridges this, and they said they would get in touch with me. They never have. Poor show Claridges. The Ritz was wonderful.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Nellance

Dear “Ms. Edinburgh”,

First of all I would like to extend my warmest congratulations to your Mum for her very special birthday. I am glad to read that you had a wonderful time at The Ritz but naturally I would have preferred you to be able to celebrate such a very important occasion at Claridge’s.

I am very sorry that you had difficulties in booking a table for Afternoon Tea. We are blessed and grateful that Afternoon Tea at Claridge’s is extremely popular and since we were awarded Best Afternoon Tea in the U.K. the demand has been ever-growing.

Whilst I cannot undo what happened I would hope to be able to explain that we do keep a high proportion of tables for our resident guests in order to try to accommodate last-minute requests and to avoid the exact disappointment we caused you but clearly this time we failed and I apologise for this.

I hope this will not be your lasting memory of Claridge’s and that you will consider trying us again. You can always reach out to me personally on tkochs@claridges.co.uk.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We only stayed one night here in London en route home from Paris but, we WILL be back ! As another reviewer stated, Claridge's welcomes everyone ! Traveling with my niece and two children ages 6...they couldn't have been nicer, and genuinely glad that you were visiting their establishment !!! We had an issue with my son, who swallowed a coin (yes, a 20 EU), Front Desk called a Doctor for me & then arranged for him to come see my son for an examination. All was well & they dealt with a panicked Mommy so calmly ! I am truly grateful to the staff ! Yes, some of the fixtures in the room are dated etc, but, that is what makes Claridge's oh so special ! The history of the hotel is like no other in London. They make everyone feel special ! I look forward to the day when we return for more than one night's stay ! A sold Claridge's customer !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank suesue4

Dear “Ms. Suesue4”,

A very genuine thank you for this marvellous review.

We also look forward to your next stay.

With all good wishes.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Don't be put off by its heritage and pedigree: Claridge's is a hotel that welcomes everyone, and does it with great warmth. It is far from stuffy: all the personnel are geared towards making your stay comfortable, and nothing is too much trouble. I have been staying here for years - sometimes every week - but I wouldn't have come back after the first time if I had felt out of my comfort zone. It's a large hotel, but staff will remember you and treat you like friends on your next visit, and i don't know how they do that! So make this your regular hotel if you visit London often.

Huge, quiet rooms and bathrooms make this much better value than the price would tell you, by the way. They regularly upgrade, and some of the suites are simply incredible, with personal butler service, if you are lucky to get one of those. Not so keen on the very new von Furstenberg ones, but each to their own.

For first-timers, ask for rooms from the first floor up, avoiding the occasionally-noisy mezzanine level. Drink in the Fumoir bar when there's a table: it's near Claridge's bar but closer to the restaurant, and a little warmer and quieter. And book lunch ahead if you are wanting to eat in the Foyer restaurant as it can get busy. Oh, and personally I prefer the Library area for dinner - again, a little warmer and quieter.

Room Tip: Ask to change any room that starts with a zero (as in 034) as they are on the Mezzanine level, and s...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ifyouknowjack
Claridges_London, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear “Mr. ifyouknowjack”,

We are very grateful for your generous praise which means a lot to us especially as it comes from one of our many regular guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Safe travels.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I've been staying at Claridge's for years and it's definitely a home from home when staying in central London.

From the moment you enter the staff are wonderful and the check in process very smooth.

The suites are absolutely immaculate and all the staff from doormen to management are the nicest hotel staff you will ever meet.

My wife and I have two young children (ages 2 and 4) but we are always welcomed like old friends and the children are also very welcomed with cookies on arrival and Claridge's children’s sized dressing gowns and slippers

It truly is a wonderful hotel and always a pleasure to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank High_Expectations_UK

Dear “Mr. High_Expectations”

I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your time at Claridge’s and I know the team will be so happy to read your feedback.

With best regards,