“Service to a level beyond anywhere else”
Review of The Ritz London

The Ritz London
Ranked #29 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I worried prior to my visit about the reputation of the hotel for correct dress code and potential snobbishness. Dont worry, the hotel has high standards but they are gently enforced. We dressed in a smart but casual way on arrival and whilst using reception. Using the bar we dressed up a little more and this really makes you feel like you belong. Embracing the hotels elegance by dressing appropriatly makes the hotel more enjoyable.
The level of service is difficult to capture in a review. It's about anticipation of your needs before you have even thought of them. It's about friendliness and helpful advice. Its about providing the highest level of service that can possibly be achieved. It's a level achieved nowhere else in the world. I suggest you try it as its very special.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Exec0ffice1, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for these glowing comments, and I have to say this is exactly what I would hope to read each time a guest takes the time to leave a review. The Ritz is renowned for its quality of service and I will never tire of hearing that we have delivered beyond the expectation of anyone who passes through the revolving doors. I hope we can welcome you back to The Ritz on another occasion. SB, Managing Director

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

This hotel is the best in Britain, just perfection in all department. You should experience the fine dineing room with the elegance or the afternoon tea, its a real treat. The bar has the best bar staff in London with superb cocktails, all at prices less than you expect.

The only hotel that comes close is the Ritz in Paris ( no connection) but is in London its a must and really is thee best in Britain - bar none !!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

I am always genuinely delighted to receive such heartening feedback from guests. It is exactly this type of appreciation that pushes all of us here at The Ritz to go that extra mile and strive to exceed expection. Thank you very much. SB, Managing Director

Reviewed 3 May 2012

My girlfriend and I booked a night at the Ritz as a birthday treat as we had always wanted to stay in this world-famous hotel. The building itself didn't disappoint with its elegant luxury. The room was excellent - it was spacious and classically decorated.

However, my stay was let down by the attitude of some (not all) of the staff I encountered. I've been fortunate enough that in my job I've had the privilege of staying in a number of world-class hotels. In all others the service has been welcoming, in line with the experience that such hotels aim to offer. In the Ritz, it was sometimes stand-offish and in certain cases downright rude.

For example: Returning to the hotel after a night out I was virtually rugby tackled by a night doorman who demanded to know where I was going. Before I had a change to reply, I got the third reminder *that day* that 'one must wear a tie in the bar' - except that I wasn't going to the bar, I was returning to my room. When I stated this, he just turned around and walked away without saying another word. This gave a dreadfully poor impression, that my girlfriend and I were somehow unsuitable for their hotel. I repeat, I have never had other world-class hotels make this impression, so I do not think this is the result of having some sort of chip on my shoulder.

My view: if you're going to spend £300+ on a one-night hotel stay, avoid the Ritz and go somewhere else where you'll be made to feel welcome, rather than being treated like pond scum.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank afcone
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My daughter in law and I were shopping and asked a sales girl where we should go to have tea. She said if you want the full experience go to the Ritz! We hopped in a taxi, walked up to this grand desk and asked if it was possible to have tea. The lady was very polite and said you must book tea in advance but it is possible to be served tea in the bar. Then she asked if either of us were wearing athletic shoes. We both giggled because my daughter in law had just purchased a pair of black flats right before we walked in. She had changed out of her "athletic shoes" because she did feel "frumpy" that day. London women seem to always be dressed in the latest fashion but we were sight seeing that day and walking over 5 miles. We did have a wonderful tea and cocktail to match in the bar. The waiter could not have been kinder explaining everything to us. The place setting was very beautiful; silver tea pot and all. The nibbles that came free were also quite lovely. The biggest green olives! This is one of my favorite memories of our trip. I did notice all the men had on jackets if you're taking your man with you.

3  Thank hitmom
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Previous reviewers have said just about everything that needs to be said. The Ritz really is wonderful and for the couple of days we were there they pampered us beyond belief. We were amazed that within 30 minutes of being in the hotel we were greeted by name. When we dropped a letter off with the concierge he not only greeted us by name but said that he would charge the postage to our room number xx. How do they do it?

Tables were found at booked out restaurants and tips and hints for transport, shopping and sightseeing were spot on. We have already made a pact that the Ritz will become a ritual of our 24,000km trips to London!!

The only improvement suggestion would be a walk-in shower, rather than having to step into the bath.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Exec0ffice1, Stephen Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you very much for your kind and generous appraisal and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz. We are constantly making improvements and refurbishment of the facilities and have noted your comment on the shower. Thank you again. SB