All reviewsthe club loungethe palm courtartesian barafternoon tearegent streetportland placegrand hoteloxford circusfive star hotelcocktail barexecutive roomfabulous hotelhome away from homenespresso machinelovely roomthe location is perfectroux
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I have booked to stay at The Langham from 6th to 14th of April 2018, and suddenly I received a cancellation email without my request! When I called the Hotel Reservation to ask about the reason of canceling the reservation, the agent replied that he couldn’t explain why, and I’m not allowed to book at the hotel!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
8  Thank majedk
Bob v, General Manager at The Langham, London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear majedk

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your verbal interactions with our Reservations department following the hotel's decision to cancel your reservation in April. As you did not actually stay at The Langham, London personally I feel your 1 star review is unjust and contrary to your opinion, does not reflect the high standards of customer care and quality service afforded to our guests. Not wishing to publicly embarrass you by drawing out my response, the decision was made to cancel your reservation in light of the excessive damage caused to our signature suite following your stay with us in 2015.

Thank you.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The reviews I have read have been positive and word of mouth recommendations too, so we decided to have afternoon tea here for a special family occasion. We were not disappointed, service was polite and friendly. Attentive without being intrusive, the food was beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked. Everything was done effortlessly, nothing was too much trouble.
Would recommend afternoon tea here definitely!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank 02040508BW
Bob v, General Manager at The Langham, London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Dear 02040508BW

Thank you for taking the time to leave a glowing review following your recent visit to Palm Court for what can only be described as a most enjoyable afternoon tea experience. I greatly appreciate receiving your kind words on the warm and friendly service afforded to you by our colleagues in the iconic Palm Court. Your continued recommendation is most welcome and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Langham, London on many future occasions.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

With so many reviewers rating it as excellent, there is nothing new for me to say about afternoon tea at the Langham Hotel but I want to express my thanks to the staff and my appreciation of the wonderful food and service. We wished, in addition, to see the room in which Conan Doyle and Oscar Wilde met their publisher and this was shown to us by two helpful and knowledgeable members of staff. All in all, a very pleasant afternoon.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John F
Bob v, General Manager at The Langham, London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear John F

What a great review to read and thank you for taking the time to share your recent Afternoon Tea experience in the legendary Palm Court. Indeed, the restaurant certainly receives great praise for the wonderful tea offering prepared under the leadership of our very talented Executive Pastry Chef, Andrew Gravett. I am so pleased to learn that you had a most enjoyable afternoon and I do hope that you will allow us another opportunity of playing host to you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I stayed with my wife for 1 night, booking via a travel website. We had a lovely room, it's size was good, furnished to a high quality, decorated to a high standard (as is all the hotel) and clean. The turn down service is very efficient, restocking the tea/coffee and giving the room a general tidy up. On check in we were asked where we wanted to stay, high, low, front or back, when we asked for somewhere quiet as we are both light sleepers the receptionist found a room in a lovely location and we had a very restful night.
The location of the Langham is great, just off Oxford St. (5 min walk) at the Oxford Circus crossroads, its quiet with easy access to the parks and shops, I felt the staff went out of there way to make our stay special, we went to the club lounge, you ned to have club level rooms to gain access, I have to say this is one of the best lounges I've been too, a full bar service including cocktails and champagne, waiting staff and lovely nibbles all free of charge, a lovely way to rest your feet after a day out.
My only criticism and why I did not give 5 stars was the breakfast, we paid for this with our room and choose to have it in the Roux, our cooked breakfast came out cold, the plates were not warm and most of the items on the plate were either cold or tepid. When I asked to have it changed, the waited asked for what items, I would have expected him to have taken both plates and given us a new meal each. At £34 pp I expected much more.
The spa is excellent, a nice pool and relaxing, we didn't use the gym or have any treatments.
Overall, our experience was very positive, I've read other reviews on this hotel, do I think this is the best in London no, but it's in the top 10 in my view.

Room Tip: mid floor overlooking the courtyard is quiet, the top floor can be noisy due to the aircon
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank delboy186338

Dear delboy186338

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at The Langham, London. I am delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rooms well-appointed, comfortable and clean. Indeed, we are extremely fortunate with our most central location..........a stone's throw from the high end shopping facilities that Oxford Circus and Regent Street offer and of course the excellent transport links that Oxford Circus tube station provides. What a shame that one star was deducted for the breakfast offering.....but I appreciate your honest review and rest assured we will do better next time. Once again, thank you for reviewing your stay and I do hope that you will allow us another opportunity of playing host to you in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel may not be my cup of tea but may be for many others .
The only pros to us is the walking distance to regent street for shopping .
In terms of decor and other relevant related comparisons, I shall leave it as NA .

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank 2cassandrat
Bob v, General Manager at The Langham, London, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear Cassandra,

Despite several messages I have been unable to connect with you to discuss your comments. I appreciate that The Langham, London may not be your hotel of choice but it is a shame that we could not discuss your comments prior to your departure and most recently via email.