“London, without peer” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 1,080 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“London, without peer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I've just stayed for 10 days at the Corinthia Hotel and it's without doubt my favorite hotel in London. I've usually stayed at Covent Garden Hotel, the Knightsbridge or Browns, and the Corinthia matches and sometimes exceeds these (wonderful) hotels in every way.
The hotel itself and the public rooms are gorgeous and welcoming; the decor/design is understated but luxurious.
The rooms are beautiful, with attention to every detail; brilliant bed + bedding, fluffy pillows, espresso machine, large walk in closet, bathrooms with awesome shower and gigantic tub (with TV;) heated floors/towel racks, multiple lighting options, nighttime delivery of water and chocolate, complimentary wireless throughout and the restaurants are first rate, with room service prepared to accommodate any request at any hour of the day.
The only issue I had on my stay was rectified by the top notch staff; I had issues with connecting to the wireless when I checked in which persisted for the first 24 hours. The amazing Katarina, the evening duty manager, moved me into a room which connected immediately, and as a bonus, the room (fourth floor) was sunny and bright (my first room on the first floor, was gorgeous but without much natural light.) In fact, Katarina stayed very attentive throughout my stay; between her; Sahil the magnificent concierge; and Alan my favorite doorman, I had a wonderful time.
I was on a very punishing work schedule so everything running smoothly at the hotel was paramount to my productivity.
In addition the restaurants are wonderful, delicious food and perfect for meetings. The hotel is a short walk from the theatre district and the Embankment is next store, with a tube station just across the street - lastly if you are interested in being pampered a car/driver will drop you, per gratis, to local spots on a first come/first serve basis.
I'm planning to be in London on business, more frequently, and this where I intend to stay from henceforth.

Room Tip: Ask that your room offers natural light, and check the wireless connection!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank astabway
, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
I was so glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and it is very interesting for me to hear your feedback as a long staying guest. What’s more, it is fantastic to learn that we are undoubtedly your favourite London hotel.

I took great pleasure in reading your review and the qualities which stood out to you about Corinthia Hotel London. As you mention, when you have such a busy work schedule it is very important that the other aspects of your life run smoothly. I was delighted to hear that Katarina and the team looked after you so well & I am sure they will be happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. The hotel is very centrally located and I am glad that this suited your plans.

Next time you visit, I hope you will have time to experience our ESPA Life at Corinthia spa. The spa’s thermal floor is fantastic and is complimentary to all our guests. We shall look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again shortly.

Matthew Dixon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

This hotel has become my favourite in london for many reasons, excellent service, staff etc and on top of this I had left some items in my room , called them , housekeeping had them all and sent them all to the UAE. It is in great location , spa one of best in the world, staff best I have come across in London and always look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so glad that Corinthia Hotel London has become your favourite hotel in London. We aim to provide the best service possible, going above and beyond our guests’ expectations. Our housekeeping team do a very good job and I am happy to hear that they helped you by returning your belongings to the UAE.

ESPA Life at Corinthia is amongst the largest Spa's in London. It is spread over four floors with facilities including an amphitheater sauna, a steam room, swimming pool, vitality pool, heated marble beds, a finishing studio and 17 treatments pods. We hope to see you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is a first class hotel located in a great position in central London. The rooms are large and extremely well appointed. The staff are fantastic. One of the best hotels in the world in my view. I loved it.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank NeVer99
, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel London, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you for your kind review, which I greatly enjoyed reading. I was pleased to hear that you found Corinthia Hotel London to be a first class hotel and that the team were fantastic - this is certainly the experience and service we wish to provide our guests and we do hope you will return in the future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

The Corinthia is an immaculate hotel in a fantastic location. A bit of a celebrity hotel, Rihanna stays there when she visits Boston, and while I was there Prince Charles himself was in the hotel. The lobby is spotless, with staff waiting to assist you at any turn. There is a lovely large lobby where afternoon tea is served (I suggest you indulge, it's a great experience, and for those of you who can eat and drink quite a bit, both the tea and sandwiches are unlimited).

My room was wonderful, even though it over looked the lobby (no view other than other hotel windows), it still let in a ton of light and was dead quiet. Room service was great, with the people delivering the food very friendly and open, always asking me if there was anything else they could do for me before they left.

Just a note - if you have clothing dry cleaned or pressed, be sure you clarify when you want your item of clothing back to your room. In one instance I thought I'd asked for Same Day, but it turned out I hadn't noted that clearly and it came back the next day.

The location of this hotel is fantastic. You're walking distance from Trafalgar Square, Parliment Square (Westminster Abbey, Palace of Westminster, etc.), Big Ben, The Eye of London, Buckingham Palace, Royal Festival Hall and more.

Last but not least, this hotel has the best bathrooms/restrooms I've experienced in quite some time. Very spacious, with all new hardware and lovely amenities like a TV over the bathtub and heated floors! An excellent way to relax after a day of exploring London!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I was delighted to read your glowing review of Corinthia London and to learn that you have visited us several times.

I am glad you enjoyed our modern & spacious rooms, as well as the heated floors in the bathrooms which are indeed a lovely feature. As you mentioned, our closets are rather large, walk-in style closets. With London's many fantastic shops a short walk away, this room feature is often well received. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the nearby Jubilee festivities and the flotilla, for which we were so fortunately located. Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I do hope to welcome you to Corinthia London again soon.

NY, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

A true 5 star experience from check in to check out (which is variable based on your own arrival and departure time). Beautiful decor, modern but not minimal, very comfortable rooms with well thought out amenities (love the heated floor in the bathrooms). Have stayed 3 times now, and always have been accommodated in the rooms with the big walk in closet which is big enough to be a dressing room. Last visit was the weekend of the Jubilee festivities and the flotilla. Perfect in every regard. Oh - and the Spa is fantastic.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lulubell
Thank you for your review of Corinthia London – it is wonderful to hear that our praises were sung by your colleagues and that you decided to experience the hotel for yourself. I’m pleased you enjoyed our location and decor. I was interested to read you feedback regarding your experience in the Lobby Lounge and will make sure that this feedback is followed up on with the team.
I enjoyed viewing your photographs and thank you for sharing these. Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to be able to welcome you and your wife in the near future.