Judd Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 410
Rosewood London(London)
US$ 586
US$ 489
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
US$ 120
  • Restaurant
All reviewstennis courtsquiet crescentst pancraseuston stationbreakfast roomkings crossrussell squaretriple roombritish librarythe lower ground floorcooked breakfastquiet streetrooms are smallbreakfast was includedfull englishlight sleeperan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The Judd Hotel is near the Russel Square tube stop and several restaurants and small groceries, and it's within walking distance of the British Museum. If you're up for it you can even walk to Trafalgar Square! It is also two blocks from my daughter's flat, so that made it a perfect location for me.

I booked a single room that had a twin bed and was very tiny - room 302. Having said that, it was perfect for one person (it reminded me of a cozy little garret, but bright and sunny due to a nice size window with a street view) and had a nice modern en suite bathroom. The Judd has free in room WiFi, with a carafe to heat water for coffee or tea, and a hairdryer. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the Spanish girl who was filling in at the front desk – unfortunately she usually works at another hotel. A full British breakfast was included - coffee, juice, yogurt, eggs, sausages, bacon, baked beans, granola, and milk. I stayed four nights in London for 441 pounds, so the price was right. If you’re looking for luxury, go elsewhere; but if you’re budget minded and just want a hotel with a good location and a clean comfortable place to lay your head then consider the Judd.

The only negative was that there is no lift and I was on the 4th floor. The last flight of stairs was narrow and steep, so ask for a room below the 4th floor if this is a concern. The Spanish girl carried my bag up to my room for me, but I could not find anyone to help me carry it down the stairs at the end of my stay.

Room Tip: The Judd has 4 floors and there's no lift, so plan accordingly.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This hotel is in an amazingly convenient and historic location in London. We were able to walk almost everywhere and King's Cross was one block away for any longer trips. Just for that, it earns five points. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our only complaints are such small things that they only warrant mentioning for those who want to know: the double bed was two singles stuck together (they were zippered, but it was still noticeable); the sink was too small and made smaller by a shelf over it (admittedly there wouldn't have been much more space unless a wall were torn out); you were requested to leave the key at the front desk, a rule we had to break when only one of us went out. The last is something that could easily be fixed.
The breakfast is quite good but very busy. There seems to be only one overworked woman who serves all the tables tea and toast, and then also serves as a housekeeper.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor facing the park. It's more stairs to go up, but quieter and a good view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

If you are looking for a full-service American hotel with large, cushy beds, lots of space for your huge suitcase, and an elevator to get to the second floor, stop reading right now. However, if you like small hotels in non-touristy locations and don't mind walking up the stairs, keep reading.

I have stayed at almost every hotel in the Cartwright Gardens area and the Judd Hotel is one of the best. The hotel is clean and comfortable with excellent service from the front desk. The lobby area and the breakfast room are well-lighted.

This area of London is one of the best, in my opinion. There are pubs, restaurants, and shops within blocks of the hotel. The Brunswick center, about two blocks down, is a popular restaurant area with many of the same shops you'd find on crowded Oxford Street, and with a movie theater. Travelers are only a few blocks from tube stops at Russell Square, Euston, and King's Cross/St. Pancras, not to mention the rail stations for day travel to other parts of England.

Our room was very quiet. We were in the back, on the third floor, requiring a walk up a twisty, narrow staircase. But that was part of the fun.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed as a large group at this hotel, and I really want to praise their customer service and the general standards of the whole hotel.
I realise that for some the rooms and lack of space, may be an issue, and that is understandable. But for our needs it was a great base for our trip to London. I have stayed in far worse lodgings in London and it was really nice to be so centrally located, and in such a good neighbourhood with plenty of nice places to eat and explore nearby.
In particular, I want to thank the reception staff, especially Andi. We had a few administrative queries with our booking ( which were completely our front) and it took a few days to sort them out. Andi dealt with all of our awkward requests and was always happy and courteous. It was so nice to experience such good customer service in a small hotel.Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2012

It's amazingly quiet for its setting - a stone's throw from St Pancras / King's Cross and the always-busy Euston Road, and there are great pubs and restaurants within a three-minute walk. But remember that this is London, and that means everything is squashed in. My single room on the third (top) floor was clean and properly decorated. I was even able to open the window!

If you're the obsessively neat type and don't like or need to spread out, you will love this hotel. Many things in its favor, for example the inclusive breakfast, the reasonable (for London) prices and the free wi-fi, although it ain't fast. If you are more the expressive type then my tip is to leave your cat at home, since there is no room to swing it.

Room Tip: Don't book a single on the third floor ...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business