“Much more than a tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The English Bus

The English Bus
Ranked #6 of 644 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The highest quality small group, personalised day tours from London with a maximum 16 passengers. Tours to Stonehenge, Bath, Oxford, The Cotswolds, Stratford upon Avon, France, Belgium and more. We go where the big buses can't and you get the personal attention from your extremely passionate, articulate, knowledgeable and personable guide that you cannot get in a larger tour group. Small family run business, we care about each and every guest we take on tour. Don't get lost in the crowd - guaranteed small groups for an unforgettable tour experience!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Cordoba, Argentina
22 attraction reviews
“Much more than a tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Sharing three of the tours that The English Bus offers, let us know not only about the places we visited but also about the English lifestyle, extra information about places to visit, restaurants where to eat( following Chris's advice we went to try the best fish and chips in Rck and sole of plaice), and we had a full length answer to all our many questions!!!
Chris was always ready to clarify our doubts and he is so enthusiastic that he makes of the tour a great and pleasant experience!! And what is more , we practised our English!!!
Thank you very much, Chris!

Visited January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time on two tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Chris is an awesome tour guide, very fun and informative. He provides interesting commentary on the rides to various destinations, but doesn't overwhelm you with information so you have plenty of quiet time to converse with other tour members.

We did the Stonehenge/Bath and Brighton/Seven Sisters tours during a weekend. Both were wonderful yet different. The Stonehenge/Bath tour is more structured and guided while the Brighton tour allows for more free time. Even in the dead of winter, on a very cold and breezy day, the Seven Sisters' cliffs were astonishing. I have to say the visit here was the favorite part of my trip to England. Such beautiful views of the English coastline.

I would highly recommend this tour company to anyone! If you have time, it is definitely advisable to explore England outside of London as the countryside, coastline and small villages and towns are quite beautiful and charming.

Lastly, I will say that Chris is extremely accommodating as I accidentally booked and paid for my tours for the wrong dates. Once I discovered the error, he changed the dates without any issue or hassle. It's clear he enjoys his job and takes great pride in offering a unique and personal experience for his tour guests.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank righteousbabe73
Milan, Italy
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Tour Guide, very easy and Fun!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

The English Bus is a great way to see Bath and Stonehenge. Chris the Tour guide gives great tours of the City of Bath and he has great theories about Stonehenge.
I also did the day trip to Bruges for the Christmas Markets. It is the best way to see the city in one day especially as you cannot fly there. Chris knows the best Beer, Chocolate shops and true Belgium Frites. Bruges is beautiful. I'd have to say its my favourite city.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Charlie A
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“If Chris is leading a tour while you're in London, don't miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

My 13 year old son and I had a fantastic tour today of Stonehenge, Bath and 2 secret locations. Chris is very organized, everything ran on time and all went exactly as explained. It was a good mix of time together and time to do our own thing. Chris is a fountain of information, not to mention that he is kind, patient and generally good spirited. It's not easy to please small children to older folks, from many different countries, but Chris hit a home run. I only wish that he were running more tours this week as I would sign up for a new one each day.

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun tour - and great surprises!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

We took the Stonehenge and Bath tour on November 13th and had a lovely time. Taking a small bus tour meant we could wander off the motorways and see a bit more of the real countryside, which was important to us since this was the only trip out of London we were going to do. Chris is quite charming and certainly delivered our money's worth. The secret place(s) were both surprising and delightful - not your average tour experience. Thanks Chris!

Visited November 2011