Kennington B & B
The Academy(London)
US$ 288
US$ 232
  • Restaurant
All reviewskennington tube stationnorthern linetop floorfriendly housekeepercontinental breakfasthouse keeperyogurtseparate bathroomevery morninga lovely place to stayminute walkpubs and restaurantsother guestsexcellent showereasy accessfirst floorhome away from home
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Only stayed one night but followed all the reviews , Sian was great giving us lots of local knowledge which was really useful. Fabulous breakfast and room perfect for a family. Great location, one to remember for future visits.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire N
Reviewed 29 August 2012

A bit of belated review (we stayed at the Kennington in April 2012) - sorry Sian .
The Kennington is a great B&B just seconds away from the Kennington tube station which is on the Northern line which itself provided easy links to the West end and just about anywhere in London. Its also within reasonable walking distance to the South Bank…absolutely fab for exploring on foot.
Sian is a fantastic landlady; she communicated well before our stay and was very welcoming and friendly. She greeted us upon our arrival and was always available during breakfast offering good local advice e.g. restaurants, things to do etc. Inga (sp?) provided breakfast and whilst the continental style may not be to everybody’s taste the sheer variety and volume (not to mention Inga’s warmness and hospitality) more than made up for bacon and eggs…yum!
Yes, the bathroom was not en-suite but this is made clear from the outset. There were no issues with sharing the bathroom as once a bedroom is assigned the 2nd bedroom on the floor is not bookable.
The B&B is of a high quality and sympathetic finish, nothing is overlooked. I could get pedantic about the narrow staircase etc but this is a renovated Georgian house..it is not a new build hotel.
The use of the iPad in the dining area is a great touch as is the instant hot water tap and the biscuits…hmm..maybe that’s not such a good idea for me!
All in all a big thumbs up, thanks and sorry for the late review.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the garden.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I booked this b&b as a treat for my boyfriend as it was in close walking distance to the IWM & HMS Belfast. He loves war history! The b&b was really lovely & Sian helped so much with directions on how to get there & free places to park. Never had that kind of service anywhere else before. The bedroom was huge & had another room to the side of it so we could have had a party for dancing in!!! Everywhere was spotless & the breakfast was excellent too with lots of choice.
Was very good value for money too for London. Would definitely stay here again & i hope that Sian & her family enjoyed her Olympic experience as much as we did. We went the day after she was going.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam F
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful 6 night stay in the Kennington b&b ( just left 2 days ago!) If or when we return to London we won't be staying anywhere else. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.

What we appreciated most about this place and our stay
- such a great location! On the northern line and was not a hassle to navigate to where we wanted to go. The Kennington station is literally about 2 mins walk from the place- so good ( and safe!)
- easy going and friendly host and staff found in Sian and Inger. A map was given to us on arrival with recommendations of places to eat/ how to get to the supermarket or laundromat. We had great conversations too! During our stay we were away for one night in manchester. As our room was free Sian let us leave our bags in our room- nothings a trouble or a fuss to her.
- plentiful breakfast with more than you could ever need in one sitting meal! With tea and coffee served to us! We are going to miss our hearty breakfasts now that we have gone.
- free wifi and use of the iPad downstairs.
- everything is clean and modern. Rooms are kitted out with what you need ( we stayed in an ensuite 1 lot of stairs up from the entrance)
In a nutshell it was really great as a base for exploring London and you won't regret staying here. (also don't hesitate to book a tour with the English bus tours - see the review of the Stongehenge, bath and secrets places tour. It was fantastic. The meeting place for the tour is at Kennington station only 2 mins away)
Thanks Sian for everything! We really enjoyed it. Thanks, Monica and Andrew from Australia!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank McSweety
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I had a long hard day working in London before arriving at the Kennington B&B. I had stayed at another hotel the night before. After the long day working at an event at the hotel I really didn't want to move on. I am so glad I did - I arrived to a really warm welcome - made to feel that it really was fine for me to make myself at home. The rooms were lovely (at the top of the house so I had a sitting room and bedroom), the bed was comfortable with Egyptian Cotton sheets and I slept so well. The decor is understated but warm, comfortable and very clean. It was a shame it was raining as I had a little balcony and the garden off the dining room looked very inviting, I didn't use it but enjoyed the fact that it was there! After a perfect shower in the morning breakfast was a fantastic spread of fresh fruit salad, breads, bagels, pastries etc of all different kinds, yogurts and much more. It was all displayed on the huge kitchen table to help yourself from. I only just resisted temptation to eat a bit of everything. A cafetiere of coffee was made fresh for me as I was helping myself to the food then another one was offered as soon as the first was finished.

I had a couple of meetings around London during the day, spread out in time and distance. Sian made it clear that it was fine for me to stay and work in the dining room until I left for my first meeting and then I came back and did some more work for another hour or so before my next meeting. After myfinal meeting of the day I went back a final time to pick up my suitcase that they had been more than happy for me to leave out of the way. How fantastic. I really couldn't say enough good things about this B&B - a place to recover and recharge, it almost felt like I was on holiday!

As I ate my breakfast and chatted I promised to write a review, but then I completely forgot. I am about to book a room again which reminded me of my promise. I am very pleased I have finally remembered. It's the first review I've written on Trip Advisor. I use other people's reviews all the time to help me decide where I'll stay. I hope this review helps at least one person to decide to stay at the Kennington B&B, they deserve to be fully booked and you really will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business