“Highlight of our stay - customized for our interests!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Laurence Summers Tour Guide

Laurence Summers Tour Guide
Ranked #125 of 663 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Good day to you all! I am Laurence Summers, a professional qualified Blue Badge Tour Guide, who loves his work and is happy to cater tours to your desire. We can explore London and the UK by foot, public transport or in my six-seater car and Im comfortable with youngs, not so youngs and those in the middle! From Royal London to the Beatles, from Shakespeare to Harry Potter,Jack the Ripper to Sherlock Holmes or, if you prefer further afield, we can go to Stonehenge, Hampton Court, Bath or Windsor Castle to name but a few. Please contact me - details on this page - and/or have a look at my website and decide which of the many tours I offer you would like to do. My passion is my work so please come and make me work at my passion!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Boston area, MA, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of our stay - customized for our interests!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

My family visiting from the US spent the day with Laurence at the beginning of our trip. What a perfect decision that was! He met us at our flat at the exact appointed time, asked us what we were most interested in, got to know each of us individually. As this was our girls' first time in London, we asked him to hit on the major "must-see" things, but then also throw in some "quirky" bits that would be fresh and new to my husband and me.

Laurence delivered in spades. We spent the morning doing some of the key attractions, ate lunch at a fun pub that was off the beaten path, and then spent the afternoon seeing nooks and crannies that we absolutely never would have found on our own, and that matched with each of our individual personal interests. Laurence thought about each one of us, and then went out of his way to make the day personally special to everyone in our family. It was amazing.

By the end of the day, I didn't want to say goodbye, and I truly hope we manage to find a way to keep in touch.

Thank you, Laurence Summers!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Lisa K
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

New Zealand
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Enjoyable day tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

My husband and I spent 6 days in London in April and booked the last day with Laurence as a full day trip to the Cotswolds. Unfortunately the weather conspired against us and with snow pending on the day of our visit we changed at the last minute and went south with the better weather for a day trip to Windsor and then onto Stonehenge. We found Laurence to be prompt, friendly and with a good amount of local knowledge. Our trip was colored slightly by the disappointment of having to make a last minute change to a much anticipated itinerary and we didn't make full use of him as we opted to go through Windsor on our own. But he accompanied us at Stonehenge and talked us through the site adequately though I perhaps would have liked more. His choice for us for lunch was a lovely fish restaurant where we had the best fish and chips of our holiday. My husband who is a 6 ft 3 commented that he found the choice of the vehicle (vauxhall) cramped and compared to similarly priced tours which we do regularly in Europe, less than ideal.

Visited April 2012
Kingwood, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Laurence brought London to life for our family and his expert knowledge of history made it interesting and fun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We went on a full day walking tour of London with Laurence and he could not have been more delightful. He chatted with our boys and pointed out the historical sights and answered all of our many questions. He was a highlight of our trip and we are still discussing the things he explained to us. I would recommend him for families of all ages and although we walked on our tour (so we could get to know the city), I would recommend a driving tour as well!!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Jennifer E
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Day with Laurence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

It was our first full day in London for our family of four. I was the only one that had been to London before and I wanted my wife and 11 and 13 year old girls to see the major sites with someone that could answer all their questions. Laurence was extremely knowledgable and entertaining. We were able to see 3 days of sites in 7 hours even though we were suffering some jet lag.

His background as a teacher made him especially good with my kids as they finished the day with a good knowledge of English history. We would highly suggest Laurence as your guide.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Megan2000
Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Laurence is a amazing tour guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We only had one day in London prior to departing on our cruise and we wanted to ensure that we saw as many sites as possible. We reviewed the Trip Advisor website, contacted a few guides, and decided to hire Laurence for the day. We are glad we did. He is very professional. He provided suggestions for the day and answered all my questions promptly. He met us at our hotel and spent the whole day with us. We are a family of four with two teenagers and he included everyone in the group. We took the tube, double decker bus, and walked all over London. Prior to our departure, we purchased Oyster tickets so we wouldn’t waste time getting tickets for public transportation. We began the tour by visiting Westminster Abbey. Laurence is very interesting and extremely knowledgeable. We attempted to see the Changing of the Guard, however due to the bad weather the ceremony did not take place. Laurence made sure that we were well sheltered from the rain. He is very conscience. He took us to a local pub and we ate fish and chips. We went to the Tower of London and saw the Crown Jewels. We saw many sites in one day. We highly recommend Laurence!

Visited October 2011