“Can't go wrong with Laurence”

Laurence Summers Tour Guide
Ranked #137 of 693 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Good day to you all! I am Laurence Summers, a professional qualified Blue Badge Tour Guide, who loves his work and is happy to cater tours to your desire. We can explore London and the UK by foot, public transport or in my six-seater car and Im comfortable with youngs, not so youngs and those in the middle! From Royal London to the Beatles, from Shakespeare to Harry Potter,Jack the Ripper to Sherlock Holmes or, if you prefer further afield, we can go to Stonehenge, Hampton Court, Bath or Windsor Castle to name but a few. Please contact me - details on this page - and/or have a look at my website and decide which of the many tours I offer you would like to do. My passion is my work so please come and make me work at my passion!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
United States
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Can't go wrong with Laurence”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We hired Laurence for a private tour of London, to discover the more non traditional sites, such as the great fire, the plague, and the blitz. He met us at our hotel, navigated us through the tube, and filled us with interesting stories, insights and information. Laurence is very thorough, and answered lots of questions and never seemed to tire. You truly can't go wrong taking a tour with Laurence!

1 Thank traveldiva4ever
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Guayaquil, Ecuador
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Can´t imagine a better day trip in London”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

After a business trip to Europe in my way back home I decided to get to know London as I have always wanted to. I had only one day available for that task, so I knew I had to made the most of it. Of course, I did make my homework and found Laurence here in Tripadvisor. Based on past reviews, didn´t take me much time to make the decision which now I can say was the best! Weeks before my trip we agreed on the itinerary for the whole day which covered all the points of interest I wanted to know for my first time in the city. Laurence has a deep knowledge of his home city and truly enjoys showing it up to his -more than customers- new friends. It was an unforgettable experience and can´t wait to come back with the rest of my family any time soon.

Mukwonago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Good- I went back for more!”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We had Laurence a few years ago and had such a fantastic time that We kept in touch with him. So when it came time to book a new trip, we contacted Laurence Immediately! Just wehen you think you covered everything the first time, he is constantly adding new sights and information to his tours. As always, Laurence makes the trip fun, exciting and very,very interesting. Laurence is full of great information, and is a great guy to hang out with for a week. We could not give him high enough praise! Thank you!!! Can't wait to go back-
The Goodden Family

1 Thank Amyg3883
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very enterrtaining and knowledgeable.”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Laurence did a guided bus tour of London for an international group of delegates I was hosting at work. The trip was comprehensive, and Laurence's commentary was both illuminating and entertaining. Very much recommended!

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Horatio85
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“You'll get more done and it'll be more interesting with Laurence”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

After reading the other reviews here on Trip Advisor, we chose Laurence to be our guide for our first full day in London. We are a family of four (two parents + two college-aged sons). We were looking for a guide to give us a tour of the traditional sights (e.g. Westminster Abbey, Changing of the Guards, Big Ben) plus contemporary music sights (e.g. Jimi Hendrix apartment, Abbey Road).

Laurence tailored the day to meet our requests while adding in his own expertise. It was a full day of great information that we couldn't have had without Laurence. We got much more done than if we tried to do it on our own, plus Laurence offered valuable tips that helped us with the rest of our week-long stay in London.

Visited December 2011