“Bar scene is rocking”

Ranked #386 of 1,067 Hotels in London
New York
“Bar scene is rocking”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I just came home from the W London's bar and I had a blast. The music in both sections was good and the people were sexy. It's always better to party with sexy people! LOL Would love to book a private event in the backroom. Definitely telling my friends to go there. I heard Thursday nights are the best.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ask_Tiff
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear Foxyfit,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel bars. I am glad that you loved the music and the crowd whilst here.

We love it too!

See you next time.

Ian
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I loved this hotel and have suggested it to my wife so she will be staying at the W next Monday night. I am excited for her and hoping she'll have a wonderful experience like I had. I am also amazed that the new GM, Ian Ciappara, takes the time to personally reply. Impressive.
Best,
Matt

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Hi Matt,

Thank you for your kind message. I am really pleased to hear that you loved the hotel and that you are sending your wife over to us.

We are looking forward to having her with us.

See you next time.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The W Hotel Leicester Square London - is always for me a coming back and the third time within the last 8 months for a stop in London. As I had tickets for the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Summer Games 2012 in London and needed a hotelroom with 14 days in advance.

Special thanks to Starwood for making it possible for me again to get a hotelroom in the center of London with such a short booking in advance during the Olympics.

The W-Hotel London is located on Leicester Square in the middle of the city and all the attractions of London are in walking distance. Great restaurants in the neighbourhood and also Piccadilly Circus close to you. If you are also looking for a great spot to reach all the London musicals, the W-Hotel Leicester Square is perfect for you.

After a real warm welcome back I got the keys for my room and it was a wonderful SPA-Suite - approx. 55sqm (590sqf) with nearly half of the room as SPA with a real bath tube and a double person shower and steam bath. Perfect to relax after a day in the city or for wellness treatments directly on your room.

The opposite side contains working desk, sitting area and a huge and the always comfortable W-bed. The big advantage on these SPA suites is that they are located to the inside of the hotel and gives you a great view to the gym and they are much quieter, especially in the huge cities like London.

A few welcome amenities by the team of the W-Hotel London on the room and all the things I like means for me a perfect start on my London Olympic days... The hotel with the front-desk, living room and bar on the first floor is the typical W-style, very open mind and friendly, the concierge team on this W-Hotel Leicester Square is worldclass! Always asking you if interested in special events, tickets, etc - so whenever, wherever is really true.

Rooms are really clean, great service and no housekeeping disturbing you in the morning, on the day of checkout, when you have a late-checkout you get a call from the front-desk asking in advance if you need assistance with your luggage or if you need a car for transport to airport or railway station.

If you read all these experiences, I think I do not have to tell you that television and especially internet is working without any problem and the internet connection was really quick - so that gave me the chance to upload pictures and videos during my days.

Breakfast for SPG-Platinum guest at the WHotel Leicester Square will be served in the "Spice Market" their inhouse restaurant and it was really good - a wonderful and fresh breakfast with a very considerate service. Next time I have to give lunch or dinner a try, as the location also looks very wonderful.

Finally for me: Again a perfect time with real friendly and helpful people - when I come back to London (within the next weeks) I will not have to think about the hotel - I will go back to the W-Hotel Leicester Square and I can recommend this property to everyone looking for a great hotel in London. Thank you W-Hotel Leicester Square. xo xo

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank PureGlamTV
Dear Pure Glam,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. Leicester Square. I am really happy to receive such a wonderful review from you.

I am very happy to hear that we are getting it right over this very busy and exciting Olympic period.

I am glad to know that we have helped make your Olympic experience memorable and we look forward to your return visit.

Helsinki
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 4 nights. Nice rooms, good beds. The bathroom door was difficult to use. Breakfast was super fresh.Service was not up to standards. The doormen and especially the house driver were suberb!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Nordic traveller,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am glad to heear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to chat as I would be happy to discuss any way that we could improve with our service levels for your next visit.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

stayed here with work as was attending a premier in the square....so The W was the perfect location with instantly glamourous surroundings. So stylish and trendy I couldn't find the plug sockets at first...

the check in procedure takes a while with a the whole handing over ID process which I suppose can make a girl feel safe knowing they are aware and have details on all guests.

the bar is lively and the mini club is a bit random due to the clientele they let in there but its a good place to people watch with friends.

the bed is sublime like sleeping on a cloud...i loved it so much i took the name of the pillows with me to see if i can get hold of some.

There are complaints on here about the room design...i think considering the rooms are in london the space was actually decent and the room design innovative and clever.

I expect this is an extremely pricy place and luckily for me it was not my pocket the night came out of...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Kirrie,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am very happy to hear that you had a lovely stay with us.

We are certainly well placed in our location for hosting fabulous film premiere events and as a convenient location for coming home from those after parties.

I am glad you enjoyed the bar and the extremely comfortable beds.

I hope we see you again soon.