I booked this room over 6 months in advance, and specifically requested a river view. We arrived late in the afternoon to find we had been given a room on the ground floor. Thw indows faced the approach to reception so we had a perfect view of each car arriving at the restaurant . Consequently we had to close the curtains to have some privacy.
The room was clean and the bed fairly comfortable, but it was nothing special. A lot of little niggles once in the room. The bathroom was badly thought out. Rather than having two sinks, a shelf to put your own toiletries in the shower would have been helpful. The toiletries provided were in nailed down containers (I fail to understand why, they were not good quality)The bath surround was very wide, and there were no steps up to it, so you have to be pretty fit to use it.
We ordered room service, after about 6 attempts; we rang the room service number over a period of about 20 minutes. Eventually we asked reception to put us through. The £3.50 'delivery charge' for room service seemed particularly petty. If I am paying £350 for a room, then such a charge is insulting.
We did ask at reception why we were not given a river view room and were given a string of excuses along the lines of 'your booking was provisional' and the receptionist I had spoken to regarding the importance of a river view had conveniently left the hotel....
The hotel is in a fairly salubrious area , right next door to
London Heliport, and a long way from any of London's theatres, museums or sights. I live and work in London and have booked many hotels for myself, and business clients; in my experience, you can find much better hotels for a lot less money in central London. The hotel at County hall, for example is half the price with a lovely view of the river and the Houses of Parliament. And the West End is within walking distance. At the Rafayel, you either have to pay £15 or so for a taxi or get a bus to Victoria which is full of beggars and homeless people. Save yourself the hassle, stay in town. Will not not be recommending to friends or business contacts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London