Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip.
Overall this hotel is ok. I've stayed in some better 4 star hotels for less money and in better locations. The appearance of the hotel is a little overdone - the blue lights in the reception at night look cheap and the "artwork" is a bit dubious. My room was lovely - larger than average with comfy bed, loads of wardrobe space, a great desk/working area and large bathroom. The rain shower was great, but it would have been nice to have had a bath, espcially given that there was plenty of space for one. The wallpaper was scuffed in places, and the carpet had a few spot stains - I think it's small details like this that let this place down. You would certainly not get scuffed walks in a true 5 star! Although the room itself was great, it was a shame that I looked out into a builders yard and their offices! The light swtiches were strange in the room and it was a nightmare to try and get them all to turn on or off! The towels in the bathroom were thin and smelt stale.
Ther service at this hotel was hopeless. I can't decide whether the receptionist (same one when I checked in and out) was painfully shy or incredibly rude. Either way she is not cut out for front of house! There was no explanation of the hotels services or facilities or directions to find my room. I was handed a key card with a little scrap of paper sticking out with my room number written on it. When I checked out, I wasn't asked how my stay was, and I didn't get a thankyou.
The poor service continued at breakfast. I waited in the queue of 4 people at the reception desk to ask directions to the restaurant and eventually gave up and went for a wander myself. I waited in the restaurant to be seated and was convieniently ignored by all three waiting staff and when I approached one of them to ask for a table (I was in a rush to get to the office), they seemed surprised as if they hadn't walked past me several times while I was waiting! I waited at the table for my order to be taken as I wanted to order from the a la carte breakfast menu. After 10 minutes, I gave up and helped myself to the breakfast buffet, where the choices were pretty average. Eventually I was asked if I wanted tea/coffee. The view from the restaurant was lovely, it was just a shame that the tables and chairs on the terrace outside were still littered with half empty and a couple of broken glasses from a function the night before.
Location of the hotel ok - it's bit of a walk to/from Clapham junction station, but I quite enjoyed that. Really handy for getting to my office in Vauxhall.
I had a decent couple of nights sleep here, but in general feel that the hotel overpromised and under-delivered. If they work on the service and the details, then this could be a great hotel. I don't think I'd bother staying again though - there are better 4 star hotels in more central areas that I would prefer to stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London