“Best Wedding Ever”

Ranked #153 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London
“Best Wedding Ever”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Our first experience of the Town Hall started 9 months ago when my new wife and I met with Sylwia (the events manager) to discuss potentially hosting our wedding at the venue. We were blown away by the hotel as it combined original features with modern touches. We were also delighted with how well Sylwia looked after us and responded to all of our questions...questions that would continue for 9 months all the way up until the big day!

We had booked several rooms/apartments for our guests all of which thoroughly enjoyed their stay and were overwhelmed by the style of the hotel and it's amenities including a swimming pool and gym.

The actual wedding day was a huge success, not only did we, the bride and groom have an amazing time, all of our guests said it was the 'best wedding' they'd ever been to due to the venue, the food, the drink and the staff! This might sound like i'm being bias however this was genuinely the case. For me as the groom it was all of the little things that Angela and her team on the day got right! Examples for me included, getting all of the dietary requirements correct including providing wheat free canapes where required, making sure that all of our elder guests were looked after during the dinner and serving them tea and cake without them having to move, the security staff at the end of the night helping us carry our stuff back to the room. The list could go on for ages!

I have to say that all the staff at the hotel are amazing, some more examples (sorry I know i'm ranting on here) included the chef at our wedding tasting who politely came out of the kitchen to describe each of the meals along with the other staff in the corner room who helped us through our tasting, the bar staff on the evening of the event who worked non stop serving drinks, all of the waiting staff who looked amazing when they entered the room serving the dishes to guests and also the head concierge who helped us in the morning take all our stuff home including a huge mirror which he carried down the main stairs with a big smile on his face! Apologies if I have missed anyone off.

My new wife and I look forward to sharing more positive experiences at the townhall and i'm sure you will see some of our guests revisiting you as well.

Jonathan

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. First and foremost congratulation for your wedding with us and I am glad to read that we succeeded in delivering the highest level of service and products, during the celebration, as well as with the accommodations. I agree with your comments that the Town Hall Hotel was the perfect choice where to celebrate your special day with family and friends and it is great to know that every one of your guests thoroughly enjoyed their visit and had a fantastic time. Sylwia, Angela and all the F & B team, as well as the FO team, are very proud of seeing their name being mentioned on your feedback and honoured to know that we successfully managed to make you feel proud of the choices you made. It is great to know that you liked the hotel/apartments with its trendy style, the facilities included and all the other little extras that the THH has to offer. It is very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback but the most important thing to us is that you remained satisfied with the THH. Thank you for recommending us and I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the team here. I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future and should you decide to visit us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Turin, Piemonte, Italy
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The Town Hall is undoubtedly one of the most charming hotels in the world. It Isn't in Piccadilly but his great design and extra benefits - minikitchen, free water and milk, welcome cocktail, swimming pool open till midnight... - justify a little walk (subway is just around the corner). Our room with three windows was fantastic. Great cuisine by Nuno Mendez in the restaurant Viajante - one star Michelin - and perfect cocktails at the bar. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you think the Town Hall Hotel is one of the most charming hotels in the world. Thank you for mentioning all the hotel has to offer included in its basic rate and although its location is not so central, it is worth to pay a visit and the centre of town is within an easy ride away with the tube. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the visit at the Viajante Restaurant with the extraordinary cuisine from our patron chef Nuno. Thank you for choosing the THH for your stay in London and should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Oosterzele-Belgium
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Upon arrival we were greeted by the staff and very helpful concierge of the hotel. Our room was not ready yet - we arrived somewhat early - and were offered something to drink in the meantime.
The staff had a very cheerful attitude and made you feel right at home. We were offered cocktail cards and breakfast for the first morning as well.
The hotel itself is located near the tube station of Bethnal Green - so easy access to the centre of town. The building has been renovated in a trendy style yet one has kept the old atmosphere and some old features intact. Loved the vault in the little entrance hall.
We were shown to our 2 bedroom apartment - very very nice. We stayed 3 nights and on our first night the room across ours was holding a bachelor party of some sort and was somewhat noisy. this was dealt with with the staff in a very professional way. We slept like a baby.
We went tot he bar for a cocktail one evening, there the staff was also very friendly. What a nice atmosphere...
Go there for your trip in London!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Client
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It pleases me to read that you were warmly welcomed by the concierge team upon arrival and that you found all our staff very friendly and always ready to offer their assistance. It is nice to know that you notice the mixtures of different styles with old and new trends allowing the history of this building to come alive, as well as the sophisticated and modern design fused together. I am glad to know that you liked the apartment were you stayed-in and that the noisy problem was resolved immediately. It is great to also know that you find it easy to commute to the central part of London with the tube nearby the hotel. Thank you for choosing us for you visit in London and I can confirm that your comment has already been shared with all the staff here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Roosendaal, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I totally agree with the great reviews below, I loved every second in this hotel!

2 extra comments which may be of added value:
- the nightly rate of the hotel is easily 200+ gbp, but our offer included a free room upgrade, a welcome cocktail, free and good wifi, espresso facilities and milk in the room, breakfast, a morning newspaper, chocolate truffles, use of the gym and swimming pool, free use of customer laptop and printer, shower products from the Rituals brand. In case you appreciate these features, realize that it makes you feel like a king in this beatiful "castle" and that you would pay a great amount for all of this in case you would have to pay for this in hotels where it is not included. So despite the relative high rate, it's worth every penny.

- some visitors below said the area is not the best, but I think this is only based on the street from the underground to the hotel which is safe but indeed not very nice. But the toy museum on the way to the hotel is a beautiful building, free entrance and with cafe facilities. There is also a little park and a canal with lovely houses.

See you soon at Town Hotel and thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter_likestotravel
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I enjoyed reading your encouraging feedback and I cannot agree more with it. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with all the extras that come included in our rates. Thank you for mentioning that you were offered a complimentary upgrade and for commenting on the area surrounding the hotel, which I agree, it is very different but with lot of vitality and creativity. I am pleased to know that you did explore the area around the hotel with Victoria Park being the oldest of London public parks, the canal and the childhood museum next door. Thank you for choosing the THH for your stay in London as we look forward to welcome you back soon. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Can't speak highly enough about my Town Hall experience:
ARRIVAL: Had a vile arrival time of 5am into London and at hotel by 6:30am. Despite am official check in time of 2pm, we were ushered straight to our booked apartment. Even better, we had been upgraded from standard to executive at no cost. Utterly unheard of in hotel-land!
APARTMENT: Fab! Two level 2-bed with 2 ensuite bathrooms and cathedral ceilings. Open plan kitchen/lounge. Super unique vintage furniture that was cool AND comfy to use. Central heat/AC. Very modern bathrooms, both with bath and rainfall shower. Full kitchen with espresso machine and washer/dryer in lieu of laundry. Queen beds with quality linen and pillows
FACILITIES: Great heated pool and good size gym. 'The Corner' informal restaurant/breakfast nook is small and intimate. Breakfast is great value, fresh and nicely varied at GBP15, with fancy hot options available at GBP4 per dish. Michelin starred restaurant was a bit out of our budget, but dinner at The Corner was also enjoyable.
LOCAL AREA: Grungy, but felt safe. Bethnal Greem tube a mere 3 minute walk and about 15min travel time from city centre.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Global2010
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am glad to hear that you appreciated our gesture of goodwill, following to your early arrival at the THH. It is nice to know that you liked our all inclusive apartment and the facilities offered to our guest in the hotel. I am pleased to read that you like the atmosphere at the Corner Room and that you like the breakfast options on the menu. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your fantastic score and for choosing the THH for your stay in London. I can confirm that your comment has already been shared with all the staff here and should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole