“Great fun, despite the rain”
Review of Thames Rockets

High-Speed Thames River RIB Cruise in London
Ranked #1 of 190 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The original, fastest and most exhilarating sightseeing speedboats on the river Thames today. Thames Rockets set sail in 2006 offering these unique sightseeing adventures to the public for the very first time. More experience, more style and more returning passengers year on year. Slice through London at 30 knots as the Thames is eaten up by 630hp of engine power. Zoom under the capital’s famous bridges and marvel at London’s landmarks from your exclusive vantage point. Our award winning comedian tour guides ensure sparkling highbrow banter as you 'pull G' past the House of Parliament before holding on tight for an exhilarating trip to Canary Wharf and back mission accomplished on this exhilarating Thames speedboat trip.This experience departs hourly from the world famous "London Eye" Pier, 7 days a week, throughout the year. Perfect for birthday celebrations, unique dates, reunions, family outings, groups of friends, staff gatherings, hen & stag do's, corporate entertaining, team building, engagements, school outings and more.Suitable for all ages 1 to 101! Toddlers and grandma alike willl love this speedy experience. This ultimate sightseeing adventure is great whatever the weather, wet weather kit provided for all ages and sizes."Five star" rating from London's Timeout Magazine, awarded a "Gold Tourist Attraction" in first year of sailing.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, UK
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great fun, despite the rain”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

A great experience, highly recommended. The rain didn’t detract from the fun as the waterproofs did their job and we remained mostly dry. Well run and friendly and helpful staff, the guide made the whole trip fun. I went with teenagers, who even enjoyed the factual start, knowing the fun of going fast would soon follow! I am already planning to return with younger family members who will also enjoy the ride.

Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great fun, great value”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Of all the cruises on the Thames the reason to pick this one is because it is going to be the most fun. The trip is a mixture of history, speed and luaghter.
The tour starts with donning of lifejackets and safety instructions. Even then you know that you are in for a good trip with the good humour interspersed the serious messages.
We went with our big kids and we all enjoyed it. I enjoyed the commentary which was both informative and witty and we all enjoyed the slow curise to start and the speed at the end of the trip.

Would I do it again? Answer, without doubt. It was a gerat expereince and very good value.
I recommend London RIB Voyages to everyone.

1 Thank Greg B
London, United Kingdom
“a great experience”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

took my autistic son and his sister for a birthday treat fantastic .matt the guide was so understanding of his needs and if i hadnt been holding the children so tightly the photos of his and his sisters smile would have been my favourite ever .thanks also to tom the driver will be back and have recommended you service to anyone who would listen thanks again

Northampton, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“didn't think the River Thames could be such fun!!”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I was worried as though the trip would be disappointing versus the price charged - I was wrong. The trip was really well organised and heavy duty wet jackets and live vests provided at quayside. The waterproof jackets are optional but life vest compulsary (obviously). we did opt for the extra coat offered as although we had our own coats, hats and gloves on - the wind and rain arrived and being January was bl**dy freezing. The first part of the tour was very informative heading easterly and all major landmarks were highlighted and a funny story relayed. Once past the floating police station our tour guide moved to the back of the rib next to the driver and the throttle opened! I haven't laughed and screamed sooo much in ages as the rib bounced over and into the waves it was creating - fab fun and my boyfriend proposed after disemarbking - thought he'd lose the ring in the Thames if he did it on the rib!! Great fun - Thames with a difference!!

2 Thank Amanda0668
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“If there is one thing you should do whilst in London, it is this!!”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This was my second experience of London RIB Voyages but a first for my friend who is here on holiday from Germany. As expected it was brilliant! The guys who run this are fab, & after spending the whole day sight seeing in London today, we are both in agreement that this was the highlight. If you want to see London then this is how you should do it. It's reasonably priced when you take into consideration the cost of all the other London attractions & the location is ideal. The trip itself was a mixture of fun facts (although I have to say I don't know if I would believe everything that Tom said!) and pure adrenaline. It was soooo fast!!! Loved it! I will be doing it again & I guess you have already worked out (if you are still reading) that I would highly recommend it to all venturing into the city.

A big thanks to Tom, Steve, Matt & Rob (& I hope I have rembered your names correctly :-) if I haven't don't take it as a bad thing, let's just say I was distracted by the banter as well as the views, in their entirety ;-)