“Solid B+”

Ranked #2,873 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 26
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN CANARY WHARF A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. Jamie's Italian in Canary Wharf is a dynamic open-plan Italian restaurant that's always buzzing with activity. It's a great location for anything from a casual dinner with friends or a business lunch to an intimate meal or a big celebration. Plus, when the weather's nice the beautiful outdoor terrace is the perfect spot for watching the world go by with a nice cold glass of Prosecco and some nibbles.
San Francisco, California
“Solid B+”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Full disclosure: I've been avoiding eating at Jamie's Italian for a quite some time. There's one around the corner from my house, and another a few blocks from work. I don't usually like chain restaurants, and I don't believe a celebrity chef can make a place a standout.

That said, I had a pretty good experience last week. I was invited on a business lunch, and the four of us shared 2 of the sampler plates, a few salads, and a pizza. The veggie sampler was really oily, but the pizza was incredible. Crisp, flaky crust, fresh toppings, great flavour. The prosciutto salad was fantastic as well - great slices and quite a few of them.

My only massive complaint was the noise. Acoustics in the Soho location are awful - it was not that packed and we were yelling across the table. I got the feeling they do this on purpose to make it seem lively and bustling, but I just ended up with a sore throat.

Maybe take lunch to go next time?

Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Turkish first
na
“Nice food nice price”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Food was very good location is good, AC Is good portion are a bit small
Chees cake is amazing

Sao Paulo, SP
“Does Jamie knows?”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I wonder: when good chefs stop being good chefs to do anything for money?
Even if I have some reservations about Jamie's style of cooking, I respect him in his job of trying to get people healthier through better and proper food.
So, the first time I went to a Jamie's Italian, I had a nice time. It was 4pm and the restaurant was empty. So, we had all the waiters and chefs to serve us and do our food.
But last time, I was doing some shopping with my parents at Westfield Mall in White City, and I decided to take them to Jamie's italian there, since they didn't know the place.
What a shame!
I wonder if Jamie eats often in his restaurants, so he can be aware of what is going on with his own name!
The place was crowded - no problem, this is a good sign. So, we wait! After 40 minutes and some nice drinks (the bartender, at least, was really good), we have our table. What a rubbish service. Waiters are unpolite, just disappear and never come back to your table. My food was so relentless done that I could barely touch my plate.
And, as you can expect, high prices, oh so high!
Never going back again, I say!

• Visited January 2012
Ireland
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I'm a big fan of Jamie Oliver and I've been looking forward to trying out this restaurant for awhile. We went on a Sunday so it was quiet which I would have expected in Canary Wharf. I was so disappointed. While our waiter appeared to be nice and had learnt off lines for each meal, he disappeared in the middle of our meal so we didn't know who was dealing with us! It was very hard to get any staffs attention even when the place was practically empty.
My starter of squid was nice, my main was terrible. I had the meatball carbonara which had congealed under the lamps in the kitchen, the pasta was undercooked and the meatballs didn't taste nice. The funky chips were amazing and saved the meal for me! I had a tiramisu to finish and it was fine. Nothing amazing and certainly not traditional.
One thing that shocked me though was that our waiter put parmesan cheese on my friends seafood risotto! I was once told in an Italian restaurant that this is "crime against humanity"!!
Buck up Jamie and don't ruin your name with food like this!

London, United Kingdom
“Rubbish!”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Rubbish! Never come back Horrible!! Came to Jamies thought was a great idea to celebrate birthday but i was completely wrong, food isnt great, waiter was rude!