“TALE AS OLD AS TIME AFTERNOON TEA”
Review of Town House

Town House
Ranked #160 of 25,043 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 26 - US$ 79
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Town House at The Kensington hotel offers a graceful blend of classic heritage and flawless modern style. Comprising three interconnecting drawing rooms with enchanting details such as fireplaces, a hidden whisky bar and a carefully curated library, Town House is The Kensington's restaurant, private dining and event space - providing a unique venue for intimate dinners, glamorous drinks receptions, book launches and informal meetings. Open from 7am to 11pm, Town House's bar, The K Bar, with its wood-panelled walls, subtle lighting and smoky blue glass ceiling, provides a cosy, clubby ambience and an impressive menu of fine spirits and cocktails.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We are 3 Generations and all enjoyed this experience.From the moment we arrived to the minute we left the staff at this hotel made us feel incredibly welcome. We sat and had cocktails before we went in for afternoon tea and the waiter was so nice, explained all the cocktails and nothing was too much trouble.,Unfortunately i can't remember his name. (Alexandru maybe) Then we was taken through for our 'Tale as old as time afternoon Tea.'
I have to say that although the staff are all amazing i have to let you all know about THOMAS, what a lovely guy. He talked us through our journey (afternoon tea), all the things we should expect and the visitors we will come across :)) He along with all the staff we encountered are a true credit to this hotel.
The food was really nice and cleverly created and they came out with more sandwiches. My only regret was that i didn't have another cheese souffle!.. sooo nice.
Thank you all for such a memorable day x

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Such a lovely Beauty and the Beast afternoon tea, with red roses on each table and a rose in a bell jar on display.

The surroundings of the restaurant were lovely, with an open fire and lots of space between tables so you felt comfortable. The staff were very attentive, bringing more drinks, taking photos for guests and explaining the afternoon tea - where each dessert was themed perfectly to fit in with part of the film, right down to a coconut macaroon to represent the snowball fight they have!

It was cute they had the characters to put on people's tables for photos but slightly weird there wasn't enough (so the staff had to keep moving them around!) and they were a little worse for wear but I guess that's what happens when they are probably played with by so many guests! However, one of the desserts is served in the cutest mini 'Chip' cup, so you're guaranteed that as well as a Mrs Potts filled with cream.

The sandwiches weren't the best but still nice and they will refill them which is always good. Although the brioche baguettes were a nice touch to fit in with the theme, it was a little odd not having the traditional scones. It would be good if they made mini baguettes in place of the sandwiches and added scones but that's just my opinion!

The champagne was lovely, good quality, and it was great they were happy to provide different coffees and hot chocolate as an alternative to the teas. It felt like nothing was too much trouble. Every customer also gets a Belle dress biscuit to take away which is a lovely touch.

All in all, I would definitely go back. Even though the theme is (technically!) a children's film, you still get the full afternoon tea experience of a top London hotel.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Warm welcome from town house staff. Good selection of hot drinks, black and green teas and also offered other alternatives with refills. One of us had special dietary requirements and we had notified the town house in advance so the chef took care in preparing the sandwiches and cakes accordingly. Waiter Paul was very friendly and attentive. Whole menu from appetizers to finger sandwiches to desserts were tasty and nicely presented. Desserts are all designed in line with the beauty and the beast theme. Disney characters, lumiere, cogsworth, chip and mrs potts all make an appearance too. Fun tea for both adults and children alike.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The pre theatre menu served between 5-7 is very reasonably priced and all the food was delicious. One of the sides (Mac & cheese) disappointed slightly, but otherwise everything was great. Service was also friendly and attentive without being too intrusive.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My friend and I went for the Tale As Old As Time Afternoon Tea here and it was absolutely wonderful. We were celebrating my friend's birthday and the staff could not have been more amazing. From the cake the chef made for my friend, to the staff including Paul and Thomas (who does a fantastic rendition of 'Be Our Guest'!), to the beauty and the beast guests who made an appearance (Mrs Potts, Chip, Cogsworth and Lumiere); it could not have been better!

I have food allergies and the food prepared for myself was amazing. It very rare I can eat out so I was surprised when I received free from versions of the sandwiches and desserts.

Thank you to everyone who made our visit so fantastic! I'd definitely recommend the day to anyone.