All reviews maida vale small kitchen secure parking kilburn park abbey road bakerloo line tube station road noise bed apartment well maintained and clean portable heater bus stop right restaurants bars excellent base cozy hotel family wedding per night
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Second time I have stayed here. A 10 minute ways from Maida Vale tube (zone 2 Bakerloo line) or the 16 / 16 nightbus / 98 and 332 stop here and close to the tube station or go on to Marble Arch. Most of the rooms have kitchenette with fridge, spacious definitely for London hotel. Staff very accommodating and helpful. Wi-Fi is free. There is limited parking at the rear but a nightly charge but pretty cheap for London.

Breakfast is basic, but extra is additional charge for something more substantial. Remarkably quiet considering it's on the A5 and had a room at the front.

I've stayed at a lot of places in London, some 5* and 4* but this is easily one of the best value for location, facilities, price. Don't expect perfection and you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: If you want a kitchenette just ask to make sure.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2017

This was advertised as a mid- to long-term stay place, so I assumed that it would be crap. Pleasantly surprised, though, by the modern updates and functional kitchen. Sure, it's a little old, and there are always quirks in this place (like bathroom light switches hiding behind sliding doors and mystery vestibules absolutely everywhere), but it was perfectly serviceable.

Breakfast is very odd. Giant baskets of bread, plenty of juice and coffee, but if you attempt to order from the menu, it's anyone's guess what will happen. Better to walk the 15 minutes into St John's Wood.

This is not a very lively neighborhood, and the Tube stop, while not far, isn't exactly close. It felt a little spooky walking home alone late, so Ubers recommended.

Very near to Abbey Road Studios (my reason for being in the neighborhood), so if you need to board a bunch of artists for not much money, this is a safe bet.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are spacious and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed away for the weekend here we stayed in the 2 bed apartment 5 of us. Plenty of room there was a double bed, a twin room and a sofa bed. All were very comfortable. Check in was ok. Only down side there was a lot of flies in the apartment dead and alive. All in all we would return again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I was booked to go to this property via Hotels.Com and a medical emergency has arisen can't attend due to having to go into Hospital both the Manager and the Owner refused to wavier the cancellation fee, which was only just over 1 hour after the free cancellation time. Both times Hotels.Com spoke to them they have no sympathy for my situation and point plank said that they would be taking my money regardless of any situation, Hotels.Com rep and his manager tried their best to appeal to their good nature without fail, I will be submitting a complaint with Hotels.Com for them to reconsider having this establishment removed from their books. If this is their idea of customer service - they should be ashamed, not the impression you want for a small London business in the world wide stage of via companies like Hotels.com & Booking.Com [who I will also complain to about tis establishment] The stress of going into hospital is bad enough.......

Room Tip: Do not use this Hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I was a little bit apprehensive about this hotel when I booked it as availability in several other hotels that I had looked at was limited but upon arrival at the hotel I was pleasantly surprised with how spacious the room was.
Check in was efficient and polite bit not overly warm and we had an issue with the lift but thankfully we were only on the first floor. The room was clean and reasonably comfortable although was a little bit hot. The hospitality tray was unfortunately rather limited and we weren't actually given any replacements of the standard breakfast tea.
I won't comment on the breakfast as I am gluten intolerant and from the menus they had provided in the room, they did not have anything suitable so consequently I didn't bother going downstairs but thankfully the kitchenette meant that it was easy to prepare something for myself.

The hotel was in a good location and offered good value for money so I would be hppy to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family