“Excellent sushi”

Cuisines: Asian, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: A fusion of taste and style, the combination of French and Asian influences offers a unique tasting experience. Award winning menus with classic cocktail offerings. Sushi at maze takes centre stage in the bar with the freshest selection of sushi and sashimi created in front of you.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went for a sushi lunch yesterday and was lucky enough to be sat at the sushi bar. The chefs are very talented and cook amazing food. The service was great and I will be back for some delicious food.
Thanks Maze

GRG R, Manager at Maze, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear charlottegeorgina,

we are so glad you enjoyed your meal and thank you so much for posting such a lovely review.
Your compliments are a great boost to the team here at Maze. We strive daily to deliver the highest possible standards of food and service and kind comments from our guests make it all worthwhile.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here several times including on the chefs table and this Restaurant is by far my favourite restaurant within the Gordon Ramsay group (including RGR Chelsea) and my favourite in London, I think it definitely deserves its Michelin star back. Maze never fails to deliver, from walking up the steps to the last sip of coffee. Flavour combinations are interesting and delicious. Staff are flawless and non intrusive. Everytime I'm in London, I pop in, even if I only have time for a cocktail, what can I say..I love this place.

1  Thank David S
GRG R, Manager at Maze, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear David S,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. It is very much appreciated and makes our team proud of what we do. We are so glad you were pleased with your whole dining experience. Our chefs work hard to deliver food of the highest quality.
Again, thank you from chefs and all the team at Maze. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The ribeye steak was cooked to perfection and needed no sauce or salt! Every morsel of the sides, portebello mushrooms and cabbage struck up a happy symphony in the head. The grilled seafood platter was perfect. The lime yoghurt with meringue was heavenly.. can't imagine how it lost a michelin star.

Dear singaporemag,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. It is very much appreciated and makes our team proud of what we do. We are so glad you were pleased with the food and your whole dining experience. Our chefs work hard to deliver food of the highest quality. We hope you will come and see us again soon.

Maze Grill Mayfair Team

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I booked this for my husband for his 40th birthday and Ashley who dealt with the booking was great from beginning to end!
We booked the grey goose experience on the chefs table and before this we enjoyed the cocktail and sushi canapés which were lovely. We were taken into the kitchen, introduced to the kitchen team and seated- we had the table to ourselves which was superb!
We made bread with one of the staff which was good, and also had some on our table throughout the meal.
The food was beautiful. The member of staff who made each dish came and explained it which was nice. The beef main in particular was just lovely as was the cosmopolitan cocktail jelly. Our waiter was attentive and funny and we had a great experience all in all.
The negatives ( I know, should there be any??): the lamb chop dish was raw! Not rare but raw! Unfortunately, I myself am a cook and have worked in catering for over 15 years- this error wasn’t even really acknowledged as they thought we were just the average joe and what do we know- such a shame! There were I feel a couple of elements left out of our experience such as a kitchen tour etc, which again was a shame as we were slightly short changed on what other customers have received. Also service was over so rather than being able to finish our drinks at the table we were moved to the bar- my advice is to book the table for the start of service rather than an hour or so after it starts- this could be mentioned at booking I feel.
All in all a great experience. I would like to do the chefs table at another restaurant as the service is amazing and you are made to feel special.

Dear carlislelass33,

Thank you very much for taking your time to pass along your lovely feedback in reference to your recent visit at Maze and thank you for choosing Maze Chef's Table experience for your husband's 40th birthday.

We are so glad you were pleased with the service and food. Apologies if you feel lamb dish let down your experience and every single comment of yours has been taken into serious consideration with the Head Chef and the restaurant manager.

We hope you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We went for my birthday recently and had a Timeout offer for lunch. The meal was excellent and very good value but what really impressed is how they coped with a member of our party with food allergies and intolerances. They had been made aware in advance and on arrival they checked the dietary needs so that the meal could be made for him. Very impressive service and good alternatives were provided for each course including the five starters.

Dear jonlittleupton,

thank you for choosing Maze for your birtday celebration. It was a pleasure to take care of you on such a memorable day. With so much choice in London, your decision to join us is a compliment in itself. It makes us very happy that you enjoyed your meal and we hope you will come back and see us soon.

Maze Mayfair Tea