“Excellent and original option for a walking tour”

The Blood and Tears Walk
Ranked #116 of 769 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: 'The Blood and Tears Walk' has a cult reputation with massive 'word of mouth'. Going for nineteen years, it is one of the best known London walks and has earned the right to be called a horror classic. Guide Declan McHugh who wrote the best-selling 'Bloody London' has been on television and radio, and many thousands come from all over the world each year to learn about Jack the Ripper, other London serial killers, witchcraft, executions, conspiracy theories etc. This tour meets outside the only exit at Barbican station and ends two hours later at Holborn underground station. Chilling, entertaining and informative!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Declan was an amazing guide with a personal touch. he gave us a lot of info and very interesting fact about that "dark side of London". It was very interesting to walk for those narrow passages and unnoticed streets in London.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"hour tour"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Declan was an entertaining guide on the darker side of London's history. I took the tour with my spouse and our two adult children. We all enjoyed the variety of stories and charismatic storytelling.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Declan is an amazing, entertaining and knowledgeable story teller. The tour was so informative ...and spooky! I went with my daughter in law and 78 year old mother and we all enjoyed it immensely !!

I would recommend to everyone!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

As a self-styled true crime aficionado, I have been having difficulty finding tour guides who met my expectations (some seem to have simply read a book or two and then given a tour on the subject).

Declan, however, did not disappoint. He is without a doubt an expert on the subject matter, and I count myself very lucky to have had an opportunity to take his tour and discuss this shared passion with him. (my husband and I did a private tour for our ten year wedding anniversary). He is friendly, and knows his material inside and out. What is more, he is a true researcher; he doesn't know strictly what he discusses on the tour, but is actually contributing to the field of knowledge on the subject.

ps. Declan, if you read this, a big thank you for what was without question the highlight of our trip to London.

2  Thank Julie F