All reviews hot tub rooftop bar crash pad carnaby street cinema room junior suite door handle cool hotel west end piccadilly circus mini bar amazing hotel comfy bed lovely room stayed for one night tlc earplugs
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We visited yesterday for a friends birthday. We had paid in advance for the bottomless prosecco and seating later on the rooftop bar.

We were told we had to pay upfront for service...why when we didn't know how the service was going to be?

We were really disappointed with the rooftop - all drinks were watered down, had no taste or fizz to them.

We were then asked to leave out table as there was a private function....! We gladly left at this point as the drinks were so bad!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Navigator12018
Reviewed 3 June 2017

The hotel is centrally located in the SoHo area and Oxford Street is a one minute walk. The general vibe of the hotel is rock and roll influenced and eclectic. The best thing about this hotel is the rooftop - it is spacious with a lot of seating, there's a bar, accessible 24 hours with an outdoor hot tub (not sure if people actually use it).

I wish they had given a bit more thought to the rooms in comparison to the rooftop. The hotel seemed to be a conversion from a residential apartment (people who have stayed in San Francisco or NYC hotels should be familiar) and it has all the bad things along with it. We're average stature and we had trouble maneuvering in the depressingly tiny bathroom - shower is super tiny, the sink is just big enough to cover both hands when washing your hands, the worst part is hot water and cold water comes out of two separate faucets - there's no way to get warm water, toilet water pressure is very low, no ventilation in the bathroom, the bed is lumpy (thank goodness there was no spring noises when you move about) and you can hear street noise through the thin glass windows. The decor is tacky - purple & satin everywhere (though this is more of a personal choice & some people may actually like it).

We stayed here for a one night transit. Would definitely not be staying again. Just saw the price of 300+ in June, you can do better elsewhere or better yet, AirBnB.

Room Tip: Not a good value for the price - better options elsewhere in SoHo or AirBnB.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2017

The hotel in it self, could not be placed more central or practically, just off Regent Street. The downstairs bar restuarant is very cosy and the rooftop terrasse amazing in summer. The rooms are nice, celan and spacious - though a little incoherent from a design perspective - a little confusing as a concept. Staff friendly, all in all nice.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
conceptvenues1, Guest Relations Manager at Karma Sanctum Soho, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for your review. Hopefully see you again soon.

Have a great day in the sun.

Kindest regards
shaun

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I booked a junior suite at the Sanctum Hotel for a couples birthday break in central London. The location was great and cannot be faulted. The check-in service was very basic and not overly welcoming. But the room itself (404) completely took me by surprise and in all honesty embarrassment!!! Rather than a classy 5 star hotel room, we were met with a room with provocative photos on the walls... It was even complete with a sex mirror above the bed!!!! I had looked at the hotels website before booked and nowhere did it advertise the rooms like this!! It was like something out of 50 shades! The good; it was clean and spacious. The bad apart from already stated; short bed in length (I am 5'4 and just fit!), the noise from the hotel bar and no coffee/tea making facilities. For the cost of this hotel per night I wouldn't book again and would spend my money on something with more class. If you want a 'dirty weekend away'... then book this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,

Hope your well. Thank you for taking time to leave us a review here. All of your comments had been taken on board and have been sent to higher management. Indeed room 404 has a more "Adult" theme, its the only one of its kind within the hotel and we are very sorry to hear it was not to your taste.

Have a great week

kindest regards
shaun

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

I went for a birthday, put my bag into the cloak room and this was my girlfriends bag which had a lot of make up inside. I then went to pick it up a few hours later and all the make up was gone. I called the hotel and the usual 'I'll call you back' which never happened. So never going to go here again ! Not impressed at all. I have no idea what happened to the bag but it was there when I put the bag into cloakroom.. then vanished ! Maybe the hotel has some sort of magic going on.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chughess17
conceptvenues1, Guest Relations Manager at Karma Sanctum Soho, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Good afternoon,

I'm really sorry to hear of the unfortunate event that you experienced. I will personally investigate the situation. In the meantime please do send me an email so we can discuss further.

Shaun@sanctumsoho.com